I cant change

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I've been fasting, praying, and seeking God for 6 years and I still cant walk in love... I don't want to live if I can't overcome the world and I just can't do it. I haven't held a job longer than a few months ever... I'm homeless, broke, depressed and I just can't heal and i don't know why. I'm not trying to throw a pity party but im at my witts end. I just don't know what to do, I can't repent and I cant change into a different person... I am not gaining any power over sin or the enemy despite trying so hard, if I can't walk in God's love I don't even want to live. I keep hurting people and I keep trying over and over and over to stop and to change but it just won't happen. I am crying out in my heart ''GOD PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CHANGE ME'' but nothing is happening. I feel like i have no reason to live, i don't know what to do....

Edited by GApeach678

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

God is more than willing to change you if you are willing to follow His lead.  He does not just speak a word and you are a different person.  He shows you what needs to be let go and it is up to you to let it go.  It's teamwork, you and God. 

There are a few generalities in your post, but no specifics, so let's talk in general terms.  You say you can't walk in love.  What then do you walk in?  Whatever it is, when you see it raising within you, turn from that feeling and think of scripture that directs you to walk differently.  You can't hold a job for more than a few months?  Why not?  Whatever it is that is causing you to leave, when you begin to feel these feelings, turn from them and seek His peace and guidance.  You are correct when you say you can't change into a different person as you are who you want to be already.  Your flesh loves who you are, but your spirit does not.  It is a battle everyone goes through. 

What I am trying to say is who you feed the most is who will be the strongest.  If you continue to live in a defeated mindset, you will be defeated.  If you live in a humbled mindset and are willing to allow Him to change you, following his directions, you will change.  God does not wave His hand to make things better ... He shows you what you need to do and you need to do it.

Give up your anger and live in His peace.  Give up your doubt and live in His security.  Give up yourself and allow Him to live in and through you.  You are in a relationship.  A relationship requires both side to work together.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Ask Jesus to live you. No one can change. It's impossible.  But we can become a new creation in Jesus Christ. Put your trust in his death on the cross. And confess he has been raised from the dead. God will give you his holy spirit. Then you can begin to live a new life in him. But you grow in him slowly. So have some patience.  God has a great life for you. You will live forever in a new heaven and earth. When Jesus comes he will come for you too.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 8/31/2017 at 5:15 AM, GApeach678 said:

I've been fasting, praying, and seeking God for 6 years and I still cant walk in love... I don't want to live if I can't overcome the world and I just can't do it. I haven't held a job longer than a few months ever... I'm homeless, broke, depressed and I just can't heal and i don't know why. I'm not trying to throw a pity party but im at my witts end. I just don't know what to do, I can't repent and I cant change into a different person... I am not gaining any power over sin or the enemy despite trying so hard, if I can't walk in God's love I don't even want to live. I keep hurting people and I keep trying over and over and over to stop and to change but it just won't happen. I am crying out in my heart ''GOD PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CHANGE ME'' but nothing is happening. I feel like i have no reason to live, i don't know what to do....

I have the perfect devotional for you...it is called "Steps to Christ" - read it for free at this next link

http://www.whiteestate.org/books/sc/sc.asp

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

duplicate

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

On 8/31/2017 at 4:15 AM, GApeach678 said:

Hi GA - I'm definitely not one to usually reply to posts like this but I felt led to do so here. Christ came to give us freedom, it isn't something that can be earned based upon our own works. You can fast, pray and read until your exhausted but it will bring no real change; although those are wonderful things to do and all believers should practice them. We are either ruled by one of two natures, either the sin nature or the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, when the sin nature is ruling and active in our lives it's impossible to be free from the things that control us. The solution is simple though, place your complete faith in what Jesus has accomplished for you - His finished work on the Cross is the answer and the only thing that can bring the freedom you seek. When we place our faith in our works/selves failure will rule, sin continues to hold us captive. Complete faith in Him and what He's done is the key, He's already broken sin's rule over you when He laid down His life on the Cross, you simply have to believe and find rest in Him. I encourage you to read Roman's chapter 6-8, it covers so much that deals with the struggle to overcome the sin nature. 

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin,  he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace." Romans 8:1-6

• Praise God! 1

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:15 AM, GApeach678 said:

Lets examine the things you are bothered by.  

1.  Can't Walk In Love.  What does that mean to you?  What is walking in love?  Jesus said to love God and love your neighbor, which basically means that if you do that, the rest of the commandments come easy because they will be fulfilled.  You won't transgress against someone you love, and the laws of God will fit into those two categories.  

2.  Can't overcome the world.  How so?  What does overcoming the world mean to you?  Are you in sin?  Many sins are habits we have learned over time.  The more you give in, the easier it is to keep sinning.  Just learn to start resisting.  If you mess up from time to time, confess it to God and ask his forgiveness, and try again.  Over time, you should get stronger.  

3.  Haven't held a job for over a month ever.  Why?  What is keeping you from holding a job?  We don't have enough information to give any advise when it comes to this one.  You are homeless and broke because you can't hold a job.  That is a no brainer, so the big question is, why?  You are depressed.  Of course you are.  Being homeless and broke will depress anyone.  When I used to have bill collectors on me and I didn't have any money, I found that depressing to.  Thank the Lord for helping me out of that condition more than two decades ago, but it required a change in me to make it happen.  

Please come back and fill in the blanks.  If you want, write me a personal message or someone you trust and me or someone else can talk in private.  I would like to try to help you, but there are things you mentioned I don't know enough about.  I feel like you will have to make some effort to change, and God will have to help you too.  You will have to meet him in the middle.  He has the power to change you overnight if that is his will, but he rarely will without us being willing to work on some things ourselves.