• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Do you not think we should just be frank, speaking the truth to one another in love, like the BIBLE says?  And then try and learn not to take it so hard at the same time, which is usually just pride having to take one for the home team.  Just because something doesn't "feel" right or feel comfortable, doesn't mean it is wrong.

Just some observations but it seems like we are so unused to correction and reproof and straight up honesty in our generation, that we all became more like spoiled divas and no longer soldiers of a cross that nails our flesh to the wall until it dies.  The church has lost its saltiness.....instead of being the way GOD says we are to be, the church has gone the way that seemeth right to man and the world.......politically correct........it seemeth right to our flesh in other words, which doesn't want to submit to the truth and to God and would rather just keep skipping merrily along in error and sin.  Nobody is all that, not me, not you, not anybody, but only Christ is all in all.  We are to be both salt and light, because light without salt is just new age and an ineffective gospel that leads astray.  Self-satisfied is a dangerous place to be, because the bible says the opposite, that if we would judge ourselves we would not be judged with the world.  And if we be chastised as sons it's because we are loved as sons, but if we be without chastisement, that is not good in GOD's economy of things.

No,I do not think that. I think God has given His saints a quality of His own grace, one that does not include crude disdain for anyone, especially the unsaved.

My model is Paul as he spoke  in the meeting of the Areopagus with His intruduction of "I see you are a religious people"....

With that opening Paul shared that he was aware of them, their traditions, their history, and had appreciation for their situation. He then shared that He had a better way found in Jesus alone.

No way does being pleasant to the unsaved nor  kind and even encouraging to the saved deny the gospel of Jesus. I certainly have need of being much  kinder if anything!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

"WHY do I see no ounce of being grave with you?"

Thank you!!!!!  Wow! Such  high praise, might spoil all humiilty within me. You tickle my ears with such fancy.

I don't know for sure the why, but I celebrate and praise God for it, that  you do not see gravity in my posts. Hey, perhaps my sanctification is nearly complete? It's more likely because I have learned over time to overcome such a deficiency in most circumstances, and instead go to my Bible when I  am in doubt reading yet again the commands and precepts and guidance as I pray  for understanding and best application for the moment at hand.  If I am offended, or filled with pride, as well as the great sin of disdain, for I try to repent and apologize directly and immediately upon recognition that I have lost  the countenance that all the saints in Christ Jesus hopefully are enabled by the Holy Spirit's indwelling of them to enjoy in their eternal security.  

Perhaps it is so, that I do not often engage in  what you are calling gravity, and I call disdain.  I assure you  I am quite capable of blasting any poor saint or sinner, to my own shame. But, I find it is,  within me a low skill, more of a knee jerk reaction than any work of the Holy Spirit within me. It is an act of the old man within, not a tempering down of that with the rising of the new man born again and commanded by God.

I aspire in my appreciation and fear of my LORD to be as one  of the many many saints in Christ Jesus that hear and act to be going into all the world with the gospel of Jesus., always doing so within the certain hope that many may be called by the Holy Spirit, and that those called who also have have been foreknown and predestined  by our creator. May many be found mature in the Lord upon the requirement of needing their soul even this night.

My Lord suffered for me me personally. He has suffered the penalty  of every flaw within me, past present and to be. I do try to honor that sacrifice. Even though  my sins to come are covered by His blood, I do work to limit the atonement I am cause for, as I now know better. My shame is deep, ever deeper as a saint in Christ. So, I do work on my own propensity to cast dispersion on another soul, lest I hurt my own testimony and block the ears of anyone still unaware of the Lord's saving grace making the work of the agency of the Holy Spirit harder than  it need be.

I smile and share of the Holy Spirit who turned me about from my own repentance in a near tinkling of time. I was an atheist denying even the existence of God, a self proclaimed great debater of the disdain filled Christians. Yet, God's purest Love turned me about in a near heartbeat. He brought me from, you don't exist to  the shortest of prayer,  upon hearing actually hearing that God is there, and that his son died for me that I may have atonement for everything I have done that falls short of the glory that is God.

My prayer?"If that is true I want it!" And I was made aware of my eternal security right then. God had done it all. So I have no cause for disdain,  no need of what you are calling gravity. All that was taken from this denier of God and was replaced with an awesome fear and intense joy in the Holy Spirit that my creator loves me, more than any created being can.  He literally came to earth as fully man while retaining  His deity and He died for me, in my place. He suffered, died and arose again for me that I too may have eternal life with God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Gravity? No! For I am the very product of Hope that is certain. I am the answer to my grandmother's prayers before God, given in hope that was also certain by her. God honored her prayers, long after her physical  body's death. I am saved by the grace that is God. God answer prayers- even the shortest one's of, "If that is true I want it."

Hope that helps you some. You need not look for "gravity"  within me. I am filled to the top with hope that is certain even in the woes of each day, even though they are often many. For those woes, they are nothing compared to the evidence of the miracle of God's love for me individually. It is deeply awesome that God has taken it as His personal mission to save me. Amazing such merciful Grace! God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that many may be founded saved from His righteous wrath against this fallen creation. God has not in his mercy upon me appointed me to be an agent of His wrath,  but instead as a witness to His Glory!

Take care may you enjoy this day, may we both enjoy this day of sovereign God's making. 

Neighbour, I like you and respect you, and am blessed by your testimony and rejoice with you in your salvation.  I believe we all just need to keep soldiering on, and let the Lord correct and polish any rough edges remaining in us, so to speak.   I think it's just not over until it's over, for any of us, and if the love and zeal and jealousy of the Lord is seeking to perfect us, that's got to be a good thing......be encouraged in the Lord brother.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

No,I do not think that. I think God has given His saints a quality of His own grace, one that does not include crude disdain for anyone, especially the unsaved.

My model is Paul as he spoke  in the meeting of the Areopagus with His intruduction of "I see you are a religious people"....

With that opening Paul shared that he was aware of them, their traditions, their history, and had appreciation for their situation. He then shared that He had a better way found in Jesus alone.

No way does being pleasant to the unsaved nor  kind and even encouraging to the saved deny the gospel of Jesus. I certainly have need of being much  kinder if anything!

I see your point Neighbour, but isn't it a different approach for the lost as opposed to those who already know the Lord though?  We are being made into soldiers.......I think of following the Lord as being like boot camp, taking up our cross to crucify the flesh, ENDURING, SUFFERING sound doctrine.....strong meat for the mature in Christ.  It isn't easy, how I know it.  As long as any flesh remains alive in us,  it will be a suffering to endure at times.  There is a little secret that Jesus spoke of that I have to remind myself of occasionally............to AGREE with our adversary along the way so that we will not have to be handed over to the Judge.  Well think on these things brother, I wish you all the best in our Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

"WHY do I see no ounce of being grave with you?"

Thank you!!!!!  Wow! Such  high praise, might spoil all humiilty within me. You tickle my ears with such fancy.

I don't know for sure the why, but I celebrate and praise God for it, that  you do not see gravity in my posts. Hey, perhaps my sanctification is nearly complete? It's more likely because I have learned over time to overcome such a deficiency in most circumstances, and instead go to my Bible when I  am in doubt reading yet again the commands and precepts and guidance as I pray  for understanding and best application for the moment at hand.  If I am offended, or filled with pride, as well as the great sin of disdain, for I try to repent and apologize directly and immediately upon recognition that I have lost  the countenance that all the saints in Christ Jesus hopefully are enabled by the Holy Spirit's indwelling of them to enjoy in their eternal security.  

Perhaps it is so, that I do not often engage in  what you are calling gravity, and I call disdain.  I assure you  I am quite capable of blasting any poor saint or sinner, to my own shame. But, I find it is,  within me a low skill, more of a knee jerk reaction than any work of the Holy Spirit within me. It is an act of the old man within, not a tempering down of that with the rising of the new man born again and commanded by God.

I aspire in my appreciation and fear of my LORD to be as one  of the many many saints in Christ Jesus that hear and act to be going into all the world with the gospel of Jesus., always doing so within the certain hope that many may be called by the Holy Spirit, and that those called who also have have been foreknown and predestined  by our creator. May many be found mature in the Lord upon the requirement of needing their soul even this night.

My Lord suffered for me me personally. He has suffered the penalty  of every flaw within me, past present and to be. I do try to honor that sacrifice. Even though  my sins to come are covered by His blood, I do work to limit the atonement I am cause for, as I now know better. My shame is deep, ever deeper as a saint in Christ. So, I do work on my own propensity to cast dispersion on another soul, lest I hurt my own testimony and block the ears of anyone still unaware of the Lord's saving grace making the work of the agency of the Holy Spirit harder than  it need be.

I smile and share of the Holy Spirit who turned me about from my own repentance in a near tinkling of time. I was an atheist denying even the existence of God, a self proclaimed great debater of the disdain filled Christians. Yet, God's purest Love turned me about in a near heartbeat. He brought me from, you don't exist to  the shortest of prayer,  upon hearing actually hearing that God is there, and that his son died for me that I may have atonement for everything I have done that falls short of the glory that is God.

My prayer?"If that is true I want it!" And I was made aware of my eternal security right then. God had done it all. So I have no cause for disdain,  no need of what you are calling gravity. All that was taken from this denier of God and was replaced with an awesome fear and intense joy in the Holy Spirit that my creator loves me, more than any created being can.  He literally came to earth as fully man while retaining  His deity and He died for me, in my place. He suffered, died and arose again for me that I too may have eternal life with God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Gravity? No! For I am the very product of Hope that is certain. I am the answer to my grandmother's prayers before God, given in hope that was also certain by her. God honored her prayers, long after her physical  body's death. I am saved by the grace that is God. God answer prayers- even the shortest one's of, "If that is true I want it."

Hope that helps you some. You need not look for "gravity"  within me. I am filled to the top with hope that is certain even in the woes of each day, even though they are often many. For those woes, they are nothing compared to the evidence of the miracle of God's love for me individually. It is deeply awesome that God has taken it as His personal mission to save me. Amazing such merciful Grace! God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that many may be founded saved from His righteous wrath against this fallen creation. God has not in his mercy upon me appointed me to be an agent of His wrath,  but instead as a witness to His Glory!

Take care may you enjoy this day, may we both enjoy this day of sovereign God's making. 

WHY do I see no ounce of being grave with you?"

I don't know for sure the why, but I celebrate and praise God for it, that  you do not see gravity in my posts.

THANK YOU for your honesty.  THIS I can work with and expose through the real scriptures.     THEM real apostels SURE did not have this type of mindset

how often they were grave and not only that , they taught the church to be grave. SAID it should be.

From deacons , bishops to wives , women and even young men , not just old.       You exposed your mind very clear.

NOW , with this being said.  I have no intention of attacking you.    Just you really NEED to dig into those letters the real apostels wrote

and flee this carnal sensual mindset you have heard in churches.    NOW  I see why you see so many good churches.   But this is not an attack.

REPEAT ...........GO BACK into BIBLE ONLY READING ,  and reading ONLY the BIBLE .   I am telling ya , your mind will be transformed back into

the true pattern and not this non grave , non serious church age approach.     I aint asking ya to follow me...............I AM ASKING YA to start over and READ THE BIBLE again

That alone says WORDS of knowledge.   You need to quit correcting the ONLY thing this church age sees as wrong .  THE CORRECTORS and grave ones.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

8 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

WHY do I see no ounce of being grave with you?"

I don't know for sure the why, but I celebrate and praise God for it, that  you do not see gravity in my posts.

THANK YOU for your honesty.  THIS I can work with and expose through the real scriptures.     THEM real apostels SURE did not have this type of mindset

how often they were grave and not only that , they taught the church to be grave. SAID it should be.

From deacons , bishops to wives , women and even young men , not just old.       You exposed your mind very clear.

NOW , with this being said.  I have no intention of attacking you.    Just you really NEED to dig into those letters the real apostels wrote

and flee this carnal sensual mindset you have heard in churches.    NOW  I see why you see so many good churches.   But this is not an attack.

REPEAT ...........GO BACK into BIBLE ONLY READING ,  and reading ONLY the BIBLE .   I am telling ya , your mind will be transformed back into

the true pattern and not this non grave , non serious church age approach.     I aint asking ya to follow me...............I AM ASKING YA to start over and READ THE BIBLE again

That alone says WORDS of knowledge.   You need to quit correcting the ONLY thing this church age sees as wrong .  THE CORRECTORS and grave ones.

You could pray for me. That will be nice. 

As to only seeing good churches that is a conclusion without basis in fact. What I do not see is all bad churches. God has led me to local bodies of Christ Jesus that have been  absolutely perfect for my sanctification process whether they have been good or not. They have perfectly served the intent of God  over me.

The first church I joined taught me a terrific lesson!!!- Never be the follower of the man that preaches the word from the pulpit. Be a listener  and hearer of the word and follow Jesus alone. I loved that church, but when it blew up, it blew because the congregation was in awe of the preacher, and when he failed in his personal life they were injured and they scattered. The local body of Christ there,  was gone, dead.

My present teachers of which there are some nine elders are all great teachers and a few are excellent pastors too. The word they teach is  the power not them. The strength of the local body is not in our pastor of over 35 years that teaches the word verse by verse, so  much in detail that we spent six years in the book of Matthew alone.  The strength is in the Holy Spirit among us as we do study the word of God, and do fellowship one with another, and do the work of God for one another.

Six years of Sunday mornings in the Book of Matthew might indicate that  the local body does dig into the word of God as you have hoped for us to be doing. Now that is six years plus the study time in preparation, plus the Sunday night studies of other Books. Plus the Wednesady night ACTS classes on other  books of the Bible. Plus assorted other early mornings of study in special groups  of more direct interest to smaller groups. Plus home studies. Hope that is sufficient for your standards  for the  local body  of Christ Jesus here. Yes there are good churches and yes I see them. I participate as led by th eHoly Spirit in them and I even move my entire family  as led by the Spirit to  particular church bodies. As I have started more than once. I have been draged by th eholy Spirit 2800 miles three times for the purpose of  my  being led ot a good church  where I will learn what God want sof me to learn, when He wants me to learn it.

I know how privileged I am  to have had this experience occur not once not twice but at least three times. In addition i have been allowed access to many churches and even many faiths in my life  due to the careers God has put me into as He has prepared me for my own service as a soldier in Christ Jesus.

At now very near age 74, I am freed again to seek out God's will for me. My 15 years of local service has been ended  as result of  my prayer and that of others,  and good purposes of God being served for many not just me alone.  My prayer has been answered in dramatic fashion, as I never get it ( understand it ) any other way. I hope it is not just to go out to pasture, as I will certainly shrivel and die if that  is the case. And I do want to be led to yet another stint somewhere doing some small thing of "helps". Perhaps it is to happen at North Carolina, though I don't see it to date. Perhaps it is to be here, yet again. I do not know, but I must be ready and willing to hear and heed the Holy Spirit's reveal.

Fortunately I do have a terrific prayer network available to me, and yes it is at  church, a good church, of saints of Christ Jesus. I make no apology for that.  Instead I do defend the awesome and wonderful local body that  God has assembled and used  to lift me through  such very very hard times. I find joy in it all.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

51 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

You could pray for me. That will be nice. 

As to only seeing good churches that is a conclusion without basis in fact. What I do not see is all bad churches. God has led me to local bodies of Christ Jesus that have been  absolutely perfect for my sanctification process whether they have been good or not. They have perfectly served the intent of God  over me.

The first church I joined taught me a terrific lesson!!!- Never be the follower of the man that preaches the word from the pulpit. Be a listener  and hearer of the word and follow Jesus alone. I loved that church, but when it blew up, it blew because the congregation was in awe of the preacher, and when he failed in his personal life they were injured and they scattered. The local body of Christ there,  was gone, dead.

My present teachers of which there are some nine elders are all great teachers and a few are excellent pastors too. The word they teach is  the power not them. The strength of the local body is not in our pastor of over 35 years that teaches the word verse by verse, so  much in detail that we spent six years in the book of Matthew alone.  The strength is in the Holy Spirit among us as we do study the word of God, and do fellowship one with another, and do the work of God for one another.

Six years of Sunday mornings in the Book of Matthew might indicate that  the local body does dig into the word of God as you have hoped for us to be doing. Now that is six years plus the study time in preparation, plus the Sunday night studies of other Books. Plus the Wednesady night ACTS classes on other  books of the Bible. Plus assorted other early mornings of study in special groups  of more direct interest to smaller groups. Plus home studies. Hope that is sufficient for your standards  for the  local body  of Christ Jesus here. Yes there are good churches and yes I see them. I participate as led by th eHoly Spirit in them and I even move my entire family  as led by the Spirit to  particular church bodies. As I have started more than once. I have been draged by th eholy Spirit 2800 miles three times for the purpose of  my  being led ot a good church  where I will learn what God want sof me to learn, when He wants me to learn it.

I know how privileged I am  to have had this experience occur not once not twice but at least three times. In addition i have been allowed access to many churches and even many faiths in my life  due to the careers God has put me into as He has prepared me for my own service as a soldier in Christ Jesus.

At now very near age 74, I am freed again to seek out God's will for me. My 15 years of local service has been ended  as result of  my prayer and that of others,  and good purposes of God being served for many not just me alone.  My prayer has been answered in dramatic fashion, as I never get it ( understand it ) any other way. I hope it is not just to go out to pasture, as I will certainly shrivel and die if that  is the case. And I do want to be led to yet another stint somewhere doing some small thing of "helps". Perhaps it is to happen at North Carolina, though I don't see it to date. Perhaps it is to be here, yet again. I do not know, but I must be ready and willing to hear and heed the Holy Spirit's reveal.

Fortunately I do have a terrific prayer network available to me, and yes it is at  church, a good church, of saints of Christ Jesus. I make no apology for that.  Instead I do defend the awesome and wonderful local body that  God has assembled and used  to lift me through  such very very hard times. I find joy in it all.

Then find joy in the wonderful encouragement of this too.    No matter how much we have read the bible for ourselves , find the refreshing in its pages once again.

Read the letters just over and over again .   Be refreshed all over again.    I give you the joy challenge of reading the gosples all over again , along with all the letters from the apostles

and revelation.    Just pick it up afresh and read it over and over and over again.   and ps,   flee any concept of kairos twenty seventeen. and the all inclusive message of interfaith.

Look at King david, even he erred and God sent the younger , or job and God sent the younger.  Sometimes the LORD sends even the younger to exhort .

Just as myself, it don't matter that I have by grace just read that bible for hours every day , since day one of my walk.    Even if a new born babe comes up

and reminds me of something , I better heed truth at all times.    And I am so unctioned to just remind you to go and take a bible only read for hours daily

and let it refresh and remind you .      Just dig in .

Ha, at seventy four there is only a couple handfuls of people around here older to guide me and share. So all that I hear from are younger, well nearly all- One claims he is only 22 and a half  now, as he was born on February 29 of the year of his birth ( age 90).  He has wonderful testimony to share, is a fine orator and expositor of the word of God.

I especially enjoy him for his historic insight into Iran where he and his wife spent 27 years as missionaries. He is a worker in the service of our Lord, more than a talker, he is a walker, doing work with his hands demonstrating the fruit of the word in all that he does. He is gracious, kind, never scolding, always sharing, and by his demeanor a gentle man of Godly manner giving  all glory to God in his walk each day.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2017 at 8:35 AM, Heleadethme said:

I see your point Neighbour, but isn't it a different approach for the lost as opposed to those who already know the Lord though?  We are being made into soldiers.......I think of following the Lord as being like boot camp, taking up our cross to crucify the flesh, ENDURING, SUFFERING sound doctrine.....strong meat for the mature in Christ.  It isn't easy, how I know it.  As long as any flesh remains alive in us,  it will be a suffering to endure at times.  There is a little secret that Jesus spoke of that I have to remind myself of occasionally............to AGREE with our adversary along the way so that we will not have to be handed over to the Judge.  Well think on these things brother, I wish you all the best in our Lord.

Yes you seem right on with your clarification, least to me you do. Iron sharpens iron, Christian lifting Christian. And it is different than sharing the gospel of Jesus with an unsaved person. One lacking the Holy Spirit has no capacity within them to understand spiritual matters. Therefore greater kindness really does need to be extended.

There are pretenders that have refused the Holy Spirit or refused the word of God denying Jesus, grieving the Holy Spirit, and there too  is another situation with it's own cautions for the believer in Jesus as their Lord and personal savior.

But; in general, a kind word does turn away wrath and may soften that barrier between the saint in Christ, and the as yet  unsaved individual, that person that the Holy Spirit will yet make His specific call to repent. It is at that time the person may remember that kinder Saint that did give testimony of Jesus, and he may then better hear the Holy Spirit and feel better confirmed in following  our Lord by the call of the Spirit, as well as then receive the Holy Spirit within.

I still remember many if not all that  witnessed in word and deed to me. They were obedient to God, pleased Him in their testimony,  but it was the Holy Spirit alone that turned me about.

I also remember the unkind Christians and pray for them even today. I used their testimonies in my own rebuttal to the Holy Spirit.- until He told me enough, no more, you have this time alone to repent of your sin, there is no other time for you.

That stunned me into ending my own well practiced game plan for denial of Jesus. I repented right then and received the Holy Spirit within  me and was fully righteous as of that moment, saved to eternal life with God.

So,  I do need to testify as a witness today and everyday by word and by deed; but I save no one I just obey my creator and have hope certain that in so doing I please Him. I save no one. I condemn no one. I simply am  a soldier at a post doing the task of that post. My confidence is in God not any man.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/28/1993

On 27/10/2017 at 1:59 AM, frienduff thaylorde said:

Have you noticed ITS only if you speak against their sin.      THAT IS WHY they accuse it of judging .  they don't want the correction.  that simple , that easy.

Be blessed now and remember .............I loves you all.

That's about right.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Several times when the Lord reproved me and I didn't want to hear it, He would then have my husband reprove me!.  And I Really didn't want to hear it from him.  Of course I knew they were right and would come around after pouting a short time.