• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Bro tan it wont matter how much truth you knew or scrips.    IF you deny any part of Grace and make it into SOMETHING WE DID.   bro your in serious danger with that mindset.

REPENT.   ONLY GOD can convict us , our FLESH WONT . it is contrary.  ONLY GOD can do this on us.   Our part is TO OBEY this grace, OBEY HIS SPIRIT

OBEY his Unctions  .   No part of me, led me TO CHRIST , no part of me did that.  THAT was the SPIRIT .  it CONVICTED ME and it PUT the LOVE OF TRUTH on my heart.

NOT THE FLESH .  all that wants is lust.    THIS IS SOLEY BY GRACE.   IF you think YOU approached GOD by any kind of work.    Man that is not good .  that denys grace.

sounds like you may have learned this in a church.  or from a man.   Go back to just BIBLE reading. and really pray for God to reveal Grace to YOU , the full depth . amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

18 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Lets keep in mind what the prophets Isaiah say in 16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. 17 And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him. 18 Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion. 19 ¶ And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? 20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. New and the Old Testament people

Yes........BUT don't forget we are under a New Covenant in the way that we serve and speak:  

Romans 7:6

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

2Corinthians 3:6

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

4 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Yes........BUT don't forget we are under a New Covenant in the way that we serve and speak:  

Romans 7:6

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

2Corinthians 3:6

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Spirit doesn't work that way. You as a person are raised by parents to grow up to learn right from wrong. We are born in a world of sin, so being a sinner comes easy. The spirit of God comes in your life by the choices you make towards God as you grow and learn

SISTER this is a problem.   NO i never said this.   Bro tan did.    Now i am trying to tell him it got nothing to do with works of our own

the SPIRIT don't wait to enter us till we do some good.   bro tan got this all wrong man.   this is very dangerous.

THE SPIRIT sure did not wait to enter me like that.   I was a hog on the run , even on my way out the door to comit adultery

with another mans wife, and then BAM grace appeared .   HE drew me TO The son  WHILE i was an enemy of god and all that is holy.

SAVED and changed by grace ALONE , that is how it worked on me.  COURSE that is how it is for any  who is under grace.

NOT BY WORKS WHICH WE HAVE DONE, no BUT BY HIS MERCY < HIS GRACE ALONE .  

Bro tan i am very worried now.    You cant relate to this.  WHERE is the SPIRIT .    Where is the conviction.   

We don't not come to GOD outside of grace.  THE SPIRIT draws us .   i beg i plead with ya...........take no credit , don't do it.   don't do it.   TIS BY GRACE ALONE .

not anything to with our works , not one bit.  not one ounce.   But how do we KNOW we are under grace.   HOW WE WALK,  grace TEACHES US to DENY the wicked evil flesh

the FLESH don't DENY THE FLESH .    i  will go pray for you bro.  i will.    just read the good holy book for yourself.   Love and emgrace every word of GOD. 

i will pray the increase on you.   You just be very careful .   very.    We were not saved by what we did .    By grace alone .   We cannot even come to the faith in the SON

lest GOD drew us.   OH its grace alone .   

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

amen.. tears of Joy..

REINITIN.   You be blessed dear sister.  maybe one of them tear drops will roll on down here in texas for me.   we could use a bit of rain.

Not Houston though.  Goodness they got flooded.   You are loved. 

• Loved it! 1

7 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Spirit doesn't work that way. You as a person are raised by parents to grow up to learn right from wrong. We are born in a world of sin, so being a sinner comes easy. The spirit of God comes in your life by the choices you make towards God as you grow and learn

SISTER this is a problem.   NO i never said this.   Bro tan did.    Now i am trying to tell him it got nothing to do with works of our own

the SPIRIT don't wait to enter us till we do some good.   bro tan got this all wrong man.   this is very dangerous.

THE SPIRIT sure did not wait to enter me like that.   I was a hog on the run , even on my way out the door to comit adultery

with another mans wife, and then BAM grace appeared .   HE drew me TO The son  WHILE i was an enemy of god and all that is holy.

SAVED and changed by grace ALONE , that is how it worked on me.  COURSE that is how it is for any  who is under grace.

NOT BY WORKS WHICH WE HAVE DONE, no BUT BY HIS MERCY < HIS GRACE ALONE .  

Amen frienduff.......we receive Christ by the Spirit when we come to faith in Him.....and then sometimes right away, sometimes later, we get filled with the Spirit....like where one of the apostles asked some believers if they had received the Spirit yet since they believed, he was referring to being filled with the Spirit.....since they would have already received the Spirit in the other sense if they believed.  And where Jesus spoke about God not giving us a stone when we ask for bread, or a snake if we ask for fish....ie, His Spirit....not to be afraid to seek and ask for it.  Received by FAITH, not because of works.......and often I think it is just a matter of a person coming to a place where they know their need of it......so again not by works, but because we need it and so ask.  The indescribable GIFT.

• This is Worthy 1

Just now, Heleadethme said:

Amen frienduff.......we receive Christ by the Spirit when we come to faith in Him.....and then sometimes right away, sometimes later, we get filled with the Spirit....like where one of the apostles asked some believers if they had received the Spirit yet since they believed, he was referring to being filled with the Spirit.....since they would have already received the Spirit in the other sense if they believed.  And where Jesus spoke about God not giving us a stone when we ask for bread, or a snake if we ask for fish....ie, His Spirit....not to be afraid to seek and ask for it.  Received by FAITH, not because of works.......and often I think it is just a matter of a person coming to a place where they know their need of it......so again not by works, but because we need it and so ask.  The indescribable GIFT.

That is so beautiful sister.  that is how it works.   Yes the spirit drew me , it was on may 30 two thousand six

and the spirit kept me and put me in the Holy book.    The baptism of the holy ghost , that did not occur for me till sept thirteenth.

That was wonderful.  tongues and all.   but never have i spoken in tongues since.    Guess it was just the baptism not the gift of tongues.

You be blessed and sing to the baby chipmunks that JESUS is LORD.   how are the baby chip munks.  Has kitty left them be.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

13 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That is so beautiful sister.  that is how it works.   Yes the spirit drew me , it was on may 30 two thousand six

and the spirit kept me and put me in the Holy book.    The baptism of the holy ghost , that did not occur for me till sept thirteenth.

That was wonderful.  tongues and all.   but never have i spoken in tongues since.    Guess it was just the baptism not the gift of tongues.

You be blessed and sing to the baby chipmunks that JESUS is LORD.   how are the baby chip munks.  Has kitty left them be.

yes  hunger and thirst for the word is given to us by God

• Thumbs Up 1

Bless you brother..........haven't seen the chipmunks for a while.......or any signs of shredded fur.....so I'm sure hoping that means they have learned to hide from the cat. :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:48 PM, Bro.Tan said:

. Most ministers today teach that all you have to do (Rom.10: 9) is confess that Jesus came in the flesh and you shall be saved.   

Bro Tan ,

I have never heard that first portion of the  verse you quoted given without the second part : 

"..... and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead , thou shalt be saved ."  ( KJV 10 :9 )

Never .

This is actually the more important part of the verse for the following reason .

While you can make a person repeat any statement at gunpoint or torture   , you cannot make them believe it in their heart .

Two very different things going on there.

This is why the salvation of this Jesus who is the Christ has never been forced on anyone nor can it be .

Among the billions , there will not be a single occupant  in heaven who did not believe in their heart .

But hell will be filled to the rafters with those who claimed Christ with their mouth but their heart never believed .

And this goes to the heart of your question concerning  "  works " 

" works " conceived in the secret place of the Most High and placed in the heart and soul of the believer  by God Himself   ,  or "works "  born of a barren , carnal , self-vindicating

spiritual wasteland ? 

You cannot get two more spiritually  opposed things than these two forms of   " works " .

Only God knows for sure which " works "   were cast within the veil .

I will say this though ,the anchor of a ship is something everyone sees on the bow and it gives a sense of security in seeing it there  ,  but only when nobody can see it does it actually fulfill its office as an  anchor in steadying the ship .