• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

24 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Just a series of related questions.

How will you know when you have suffered enough with Him to obtain salvation?

How will you know when you have been chastised enough with Him to obtain salvation?

How will you know when you have fought the good fight enough with Him to obtain salvation?

How will you know when you have been obedient enough with Him to obtain salvation?

How will you know when you have been faithful enough with Him to obtain salvation?

How will you know when you have humbled yourself enough with Him to obtain salvation?

My salvation has been accomplished by ONE who is infinitely greater than I and so my confidence is in Him fully. Maybe we are saying the same thing but in a backward sort of way.

I see our motive for being obedient, suffering, faithful etc., is because we already believe the great salvation He has accomplished for us and are  convinced of His GREAT LOVE towards us ...not in order to obtain salvation.

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
(Php 1:6)

For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh—
(Php 3:3)
Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—
(Php 3:8-9)

I dont know anything brother, my job is just to trust and obey.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Hear the beauty of it.   THE TRUE BEAUTY.  the answer to all those questions is not about US obtaining salvation.  ITS simply REMAINING IN HIM TO THE END.

Must stay connected to the Vine to produce fruit, and to even have life.  Amen

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

OH praise the LORD my soul is rejoicing in the LORD.    OH may many morecome to the true gospel of Christ and be washed clean and given a clean pure conscious

by the Holy spirit.    Sing it willa, yowm davida,  blue eyed jewel,  he leadeth me, and all who love the Lord.   

• Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I dont know anything brother, my job is just to trust and obey.

SISTER we getting it all ironed out .   Internet discussions can be some of the hardest .  Often I see many , well all of us , making assumptoins

But the more we work it out.   IT WILL be seen that we are agreeing .   I can see it.   yowm does believe as we do.  Its just sometimes it takes a bit of time to see it.

He left that list of questions.    That was a beauty.  Because the answer the spirit gave me was what we ALL have been knowing.   we all KNOW IT

it , as I said can be hard at first to see it.  And often when one is saying something we might draw a conclusion that they mean it a different way than we see it

YET we don't.  WE are saying the same thing and meaning the same thing .   Its real easy to clear things up real fast if we were all in person.  In a second flat

we would be like THIS is what I was saying .   phone calls do it too.   the more you talk in person the easier it is to see.  but I can see it even now .

an example is I can say we must be obeying JESUS , some one might assume I mean this to be works earned .  WHICH I don't .  but they THINK I do.

WE are saying the same things,  its just our assumptions of what we mean by it have been assumed wrong.  But yowm asked the wonderful questions

and the Spirit gave me the words to say . ITS WHAT we all BELEIVE . we on the same page on this one .

we are.  I see it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

45 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

SISTER we getting it all ironed out .   Internet discussions can be some of the hardest .  Often I see many , well all of us , making assumptoins

But the more we work it out.   IT WILL be seen that we are agreeing .   I can see it.   yowm does believe as we do.  Its just sometimes it takes a bit of time to see it.

He left that list of questions.    That was a beauty.  Because the answer the spirit gave me was what we ALL have been knowing.   we all KNOW IT

it , as I said can be hard at first to see it.  And often when one is saying something we might draw a conclusion that they mean it a different way than we see it

YET we don't.  WE are saying the same thing and meaning the same thing .   Its real easy to clear things up real fast if we were all in person.  In a second flat

we would be like THIS is what I was saying .   phone calls do it too.   the more you talk in person the easier it is to see.  but I can see it even now .

I agree brother, I saw what looked like arguing at cross purposes on some things, and tried to reconcile the argument, but not very well I guess.  At this point I will just say that useful little word, oy. :)

7 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Just thought your comment here bears repeating in case it got missed......it is the Truth.....working out our salvation with fear and trembling.  There's a kind of gospel out there that really appeals to our flesh and feels so comforting, but it is a false comfort.  Reminds me so much of Roman Catholicism......and their goddess Mary who is the head of their church, it is a soft feminine kind of gospel, the comfort of a Mother, but lacking the discipline of a Father.  No wonder these false gospels are leading back to her, they are agreeing with her more and more.   It really does feel comforting and this is one way it deceives and tempts and draws people in, so everyone beware, be AWARE.  Help us Lord!

Did you know that Baptismal regeneration originated with the RC?  Interesting isnt it? Also, have you ever noticed that works righteousness is the main common denominator (not to mention the obvious heresy of denying the deity with some)with all false teachings and also the heresies we have to defend the faith against.

7 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Didn't you say the thief was under our covenant? when he wasnt saved by Christ work on the cross. have you read 1 corinthians 14 and 15

Show me where I said that. I am really sick of your games.

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

Again, your quote from Revelation has absolutely NOTHING to do with born again Christians. The White Throne judgement has to do with a judgement of works for those who refused the FREE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS through Jesus Christ our Lord. He bore the wrath due my sins...your scare tactics don't phase me. His love is sufficient.

Since he claims to be so smart;you would think he would discern that ! :P

Maybe he was led to that scripture for another reason that he hasnt yet realized.:blow-up:

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

Again our salvation hinges on His perfect obedience not our imperfect obedience. Once we become His child through the new birth we are given a new heart/new nature so that we will be willing to please Him such as being baptized. One who despises baptism is indicating he has not received the new birth. All our sins were nailed to Calvary's cross not just some and we are a work in progress...His handiwork.

How many times do we have to say it?  The pride in a human being wants to  help  with works to be saved.  

The Holy Spirit teaches us in all things. We work because he has brought us to it not because we are terrified of not being saved if we dont work. We work because it comes natural(through sanctification)as a reborn again saint and not because we cling to the law instead of grace. There is always EVIDENCE that one is saved. Has it occurred because the spirit gave us the desires and more and more  of the old man fell off or because  we circumcise and crush ourselves with works ? The LORD hates those that are prideful legalist and act as the judiazers.  Self imposed pride wrougt works is which is filthy rags to  our Sovereign Holy Lord.

Edited by Guest