• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 minute ago, Amazing Horse said:

People who preach works salvation ,why don't you sell your pc right now and everything that you have and go follow Jesus right now?

Matthew 19

20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

I have not read anyone preaching works salvation.  Except Tan. Works make our faith perfect. But they don't save us. The works we do are when we become born of the spirit. The promise of The Holy  Spirit will change your nature. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Maybe this is a bit clearer then...

For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them." Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for "The righteous shall live by faith." But the law is not of faith, rather "The one who does them shall live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree"—
(Gal 3:10-13)

Thus those not living by faith are living by works and are under a curse. To do the law, one must do ALL things written in the Book of the Law otherwise they are under a curse.

You are another subject lol. I am not talking about works of law.  I just saying what James said. Don't trust in a dead Faith. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78

53 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I quote GODS WORDS. You are a LIAR.

I have never quoted a man from 1800s whoever the heck you are referring to! You are simply amazing. You contradict yourself over and over again. Im very concerned for you. Your reasoning is so UNBALANCED.

I never said God didnt know. You just did!  Dont be ridiculous!

Why do you talk in riddles and bring in the strawman?

I posted GODS RECORDED WORDS. Why cant you understand it? You come back with your false assertions.. How often do you type out Gods words? You claim to know it. Prove your claim!!

You MUST worship in truth and spirit!  You are relying on works and mans traditions. That is EXACTLY what the PHARISEES do.

We are saved by grace alone through faith alone through Christ alone.

Ephesians 2:8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast.…

Open your ears REINITIN! You are stiff necked and you will perish because of it! You will not only be held accountable for perverting the gospel of grace but you will be held accountable for leading others astray!

THIS!

The word is spelled "baptize." Proper spelling and sentence structure are elementary. It is important!

It would be very refreshing  if you would post scripture to back up your claims. But you cant! Scripture does not say what you claim.

I have said the same thing probably AT LEAST 50 times on this thread alone.

You dont have a teachable spirit. There is a blockage . It is called PRIDE.

Here comes some more scripture!  Are you ready? I know it really bothers you ( you have mentioned it several times havent you?) to see scripture in a scriptural discussion:rolleyes:

James 4:6 God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.…

Quit "horsing around" reinitin!

Your eternal soul is at risk of perishing! :emot-fail:

Yeah the scriptures your using come from Ed Sanders books in 1937 or 1837 (I forget). Not many scholars and translators agree with Him. His crazy ideas all came from a self concieved but not factually supported idea about a possably added scripture in John 4 about Jesus baptising then he went crazy in books rewriting Pauls doctrins to mean "you do not have to proclaim "be baptised" "you do not have to be baptised", Jesus didn't include water baptism in his message it was a jewish ritual for jews not christians. blah blah blah bolignia. Then spread thru Wesley colleges (look it up i might be remembering the college that spread it through the pulpits wrong) where he was a professor.

Edited by Reinitin

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

So that is how  the game is played? I post, you respond, I  respond and then you tell me I am on another subject...not your subject. LOL

You made me dizzy lol.

38 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

You are another subject lol. I am not talking about works of law.  I just saying what James said. Don't trust in a dead Faith. 

There is a really good historical book called pilgamige of the church. I only study the bible now but it was a text book i had to use in college. I shows the historical branches of theology and doctrin all the way back to 102 AD so you can see who was resposible for doctrin splits in theology and doctrin. Great book to start with if your heart ever asks Since we only have One GOd, One Lord, One Spirit, One baptism, One Salvation, One Testiment of witness (bible), One Gospel. One Shepherd, Why are we divided by 125,000 doctrins and denominations. The answer is vain imaginations of men who search the scriptures all day long because they think they will find the keys to eternal life in them but refuse to come to Jesus so he can give them life.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

There is a really good historical book called pilgamige of the church. I only study the bible now but it was a text book i had to use in college. I shows the historical branches of theology and doctrin all the way back to 102 AD so you can see who was resposible for doctrin splits in theology and doctrin. Great book to start with if your heart ever asks Since we only have One GOd, One Lord, One Spirit, One baptism, One Salvation, One Testiment of witness (bible)why are we divided by 125,000 doctrins and denominations. The answer is vain imaginations of men.

A useful book I bet. It's sad the divide. Image only one church.

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

A useful book I bet. It's sad the divide. Image only one church.

You can't imagine how many split off's world wide claim origin of Christ and a Disciple of Christ. Rome, Greek Orthodox, Ethiopian Church, In India, even here in America Joseph Smith claims Christ in His 3 Days in the grave came to America. A bunch more I just can't remeber them all.

2 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Water Baptism is not SALVIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Water baptism is NOT a COMMAND. Water baptism is an ORDINANCE! 

Were you napping in the salvation 101 class at baptist seminary?

Im sorry your so afraid. If people believe the gospel and Christ is in you baptism will be a Joy and so will Christ doing good works through you.

If baptism is a huge issue I guess you just walk away the message. who knows (I don't) what the Lord will do in judgment towards those who change or ignore the gospel. How the Lord judges and how he records in his heavenly books only the Lord knows and sees what we don't see. It doesn't change the fact baptism is a part of the gospel.

It diesn't change the Lords prophetic glimpses in to his judgment. "Lord, Lord when did we see you in prison, with out cliths, thirsty and hungry? the Lord says "what you did not do for one of these my brethern you did not do for me. Depart from me you workers of iniquity" (look it up mathew this is a lisa paraphrase from memory)

If you use the prophetic rules of translation. 

prison- captivity in sin.

coat- good works accredited and asigned by God.

thirsty-living water to drink.

hungry-bread of life to eat. 

The 4 components God offers to us through the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

6 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Water Baptism is not SALVIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Water baptism is NOT a COMMAND. Water baptism is an ORDINANCE! 

Were you napping in the salvation 101 class at baptist seminary?

Really? where did you read that its an ordinance? 

Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age."

Looks pretty much like he commanded to me. The word used for baptism is water immersion. Doesn't look like there is a gospel change till the end of the age either.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

News not flash. James 2:21 was not Abraham our Father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar. See thou how faith wrought with his works,and by works was faith made perfect. Oh faith made perfect by works.  So we are saved by faith that is made perfect by works. We cannot boast in our works because it is still faith that saved us. But if your faith has no works then it's dead. So your dead faith cannot save you. It's a faith of information only. It's in your head but not in your life. Now don't get me wrong.  I am not saying works save us at all. Your faith has to be of the kind that it changes your heart. A change heart will have works. Those works make your faith perfect because it's a real living faith not a dead faith that cannot save. 

Faith without works is dead as a door nail amen.

What I say next goes out to that dung pile interfaith.  But works without faith in Christ is death.   The holy spirit is NOT at works in others in different religons

or atheist because they are doing good works.  Be on guard rome preaches lies .