IGNORED

Faith without works is Dead

Bro.Tan

2 hours ago, Reinitin said:

no grace is learning to do The will of God and being empowed by his Spirit. What is hated about legalism is submission  to God/ the authority of Christ. Bible says be baptised. bible is an authority. Jesus the Lord our king said be baptised lawlessness or rebellion says, you dont have to be baptised. Church authority following biblical authority says To be welcomed into the family as a sheep be baptised. why? because Jesus Christ is Lord and he said be baptised. His diciples said be baptised and paul never taught you not to be baptised. Rebellion say i don't want to, I don't have to. bible say every tounge will confess Jesus as Lord and bow and submit to his authority or he will bow yor knee with a rod of iron. you think im gonna trust anyone else but Christ for my sakvation. He alone has the words of eternal life. the grace is being given a spirit that makes bowing our flesh into submission to our Lord our nature.

Legalism is NOT submission to the spirit but it is counting on HUMAN EFFORT to be saved. I thought you knew what you were talking about but it is clear to me that you have little understanding in the matter. It appears to me that you are in gross error of knowing the difference between obedience to Lord and savior and legalistic  works righteous false  teaching!!   

Which btw, baptism of the spirit is required for salvation which is the natural turn of events when God saves a sinner .The spirit indwells ie baptized into the spirit ie regenerated  ie reborn of the spirit!

Did the thief the cross get dunked in water? NO.  Does scripture describe a special circumstance for a believer such as his case? I have provided many scripture  explaining the heresy of baptismal regeneration. It appears to me reintin that you need to apply yourself to learning in truth and spirit. You have some gross errors in your understanding that will only lead you further down a road of confusion.

Are you ICOC or COC?

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

damnable? To say do all the lord commanded you is a damnable heresy? exactly what damned person teaches that? I'll see who is forgiven much loves much with he who loves him obeys his commands. We love because he first lived us. damnable.. that is laughable. the lawless ones are the anti christs.

As I have said before which you clearly are not READING: Legalism is NOT obedience. There is a HUGE difference in obedience because we are saved and obedience to be saved.  Legalism is HUMAN WORKS and crushing a believer with EXCESSIVE focus on the LAW. I provided scriptural proof. Where is YOURS?? 

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

Unless you can start providing scripture to back up your point of view and stop with your human reasoning;plz stop replying to me. I have been rather charitable towards you with explaining things with SCRIPTURAL BACKING all throughout this thread and you come back with NO scriptural backing towards me. I appreciate your backing what you say with the word of God . 

I will not keep repeating myself.

Edited by Guest

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,160
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/3/2017 at 11:48 AM, Bro.Tan said:

They have deceived you into believing that you need no works, that you need no fruits of faith. But if this is true, then the same question persists: how will God judge the world?

Hi BT and God bless! I believe one cannot have faith in God without eventually manifesting it with works. The statement "faith without works is dead" to me means that there is no faith (dead; nonexistent) if there eventually are no works or if they discontinue manifest them, because God ensures that everyone who is born again will "desire and do His good pleasure" (Phil 2:13). Those who profess faith and do not continue in the manifestation (works, e.g. fruit of the Spirit) of it never had it, but is merely professing it, i.e. "A man may say" (Jam 2:18); attempting to honor Him with their "lips" but the "heart is far from" Him (Mat 15:8).

God Be Blessed!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

It was a rhetorical question. Yes, legalism is heresy. It is works righteousness.  Do you know what works righteousness is? 

What you are describing is the instruction of the church as to how to handle a believer who has sinned and will not repent.It is laid out in Matthew 18.  That has absolutely NOTHING to do with legalism!! 

oh ok, i totally respect your place. I just do not think doing what man thinks and fills is right. If the bible says believe in your heart and confess with your mouth. Then that is the right thing. If bible says be patient and do not let bitterness take root. Then that is the right thing to do. If bible say if any among you are sick take them to the elders and have them annoint them with oil and pray then that is the right thing to do. If we say Lord, what should I do? check bible first for spirit and instuction. and pray and ask the Lord and you know what the right thing is. Not really hard at all to do what it says when you believe it is Gods word.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,465
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Second request for you to answer!!  

Who draws the sinner? Who gives a wicked man the sorrow over his sin ie repentance? WHO? 

And I will add: Who is it that gives us a measure of faith? Who gives us the strength to obey? 

Jumping up and down with my hand raised, shouting "ask me, ask me!"  :D I'd like to respond to the above.

Having experienced the above description in the recent past myself. It's the Lord Jesus Christ who drew me to Him and nothing of my own self except accepting His free gift.  I'm a sinner in need of a Savior and repentance. I had no joy in my heart, mostly sorrow and walking after the flesh. It is the Lord Jesus whom saves us by faith and gives us the desire and tools (Holy Spirit - Bible) to repent and walk Christ-like. It's all about the greatest Name under heaven, JESUS!

BTW Blueyedjewel, I enjoy your posts.

9 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Legalism is NOT submission to the spirit but it is counting on HUMAN EFFORT to be saved. I thought you knew what you were talking about but it is clear to me that you have little understanding in the matter. It appears to me that you are in gross error of knowing the difference between obedience to Lord and savior and legalistic  works righteous false  teaching!!   

Which btw, baptism of the spirit is required for salvation which is the natural turn of events when God saves a sinner .The spirit indwells ie baptized into the spirit ie regenerated  ie reborn of the spirit!

Did the thief the cross get dunked in water? NO.  Does scripture describe a special circumstance for a believer such as his case? I have provided many scripture  explaining the heresy of baptismal regeneration. It appears to me reintin that you need to apply yourself to learning in truth and spirit. You have some gross errors in your understanding that will only lead you further down a road of confusion.

Are you ICOC or COC?

Your calling what i think is spiritual pride or a controlling spirit of pride legalism. to me legalism is obeying the laws:) what is wrong with doing what the words says? bible say let Gods word be true and every man a lier. Flesh loves to Lord over people.. Flesh gets in the pulpit. If you do what tge bible says your can dicern a fleshly control freak in a Spirit of pride in the pulpit and pray for him and stand against him. You have the Spirit of Christ in you. If God be for you who can be agaist you. doing the goodworks and walkng in them is a result of our salvation, not a requirement. sometimes you have to grab onto the Lord like jacob wrestled with the angel. legalism that your hating is telling lost people they are saved cause they followed you verse doctrin fomula instead of telling them be prisistant and knock on the door of the righteous judge answers and you have a spirit in you that testify's to you that youcare a child of God. Sad people white knuckle hold to doctrin of man instead of standing as a child on the rock of salvation.

13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

We all believe that works and fruit are needed as born again Christians. The difference is on the emphasis when it comes to whether it is God produced as we abide in Him or whether it is self produced in our own efforts.

I think a lot of people are judging and labeling people walking with the Lord.  Using a doctrin of man to put groups of people that love the Lord into boxes.  Saying in flesh, "my doctrin is better then this one and that one. We all eat from the same loaf of bread and drink the same wine. God has multifaucited attributes, He will display his glory and mercy through this one, righteousness, through that, forgiveness through another, purity through another, justice through another, holyness through another. and fingers puffed up in pride can only see the Lords work in other fingers and in envy judging their brothers and judging things before their time. But the bible say He will make those who trust in him stand and who are you to judge another mans servant?

10 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

As I have said before which you clearly are not READING: Legalism is NOT obedience. There is a HUGE difference in obedience because we are saved and obedience to be saved.  Legalism is HUMAN WORKS and crushing a believer with EXCESSIVE focus on the LAW. I provided scriptural proof. Where is YOURS?? 

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

Unless you can start providing scripture to back up your point of view and stop with your human reasoning;plz stop replying to me. I have been rather charitable towards you with explaining things with SCRIPTURAL BACKING all throughout this thread and you come back with NO scriptural backing towards me. I appreciate your backing what you say with the word of God . 

I will not keep repeating myself.

What makes you think Calvin and these other mens doctrins you are parroting rightly divided the word of truth? The Word of Truth in reality and Fact is Jesus is the Word, Jesus is the Truth. Christ in us our hope for glory is counceling us to divide flesh from Spirit. the voice of the stranger from the heart of Gods puroises and intentions, intention to identify h voice.

I promise you Christ is not telling anyone to ignore His advise, instruction, commands, lessons, edification, chastisement, correction, statutes and commands. He is teaching us to know God and follow in his way.

Im sorry, im on a phone and keep loosing peoples post. So Ill just post here. its like the people saying I fillow appolos. we have the cathlic doctrin, the faith by grace doctrin, the penticotal doctrin all these doctrins have extemes and leanunsies depending on the man in the pulpit. we find Christ through these houses and then start limiting the love and salvation of our precious savior and Lord to these doctrins. whe don't open the Word and look for Truth (Jesus) we sit in these rooms and call sons and daughters born of one God heritics and try to prove our doctrin is truth and every one that sees The Lord they were baptied and lay there flesh in the grave with and walk in the soirit with and learn from damned and heritics. be honest you are hating you brother barbabis that walk away commanded by the Lord to aid a brother that failed Paul to grow in grace and mature in Spirit and Paul sent by God another direction. God sent them different ways with different priorities in their heart but both were doing his will.

58 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I wasn't speaking of judging one another but of the sprectrum of views as to how a Christian produces fruit. On one end of the spectrum all the emphasis is on man's effort and doing, on the other end all the emphasis is on God's doing. I think the truth is closer to the 2nd but with a caveat...

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.
(1Co 15:10)

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20)

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Mat 11:28-30)

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
(Joh 15:4-5)

It is in the middle one man stand at the alter Says "God have mercy" so bowed by the weight of our Lord's holyness and righteousness he cant even look up at the alter. One man stands face to face with God saying "I do this and that" (That is spiritual pride not leagalism). Who walks away with mercy? The word asks.. I ask, who is really standng face to face with Our Lord who is holy and righteous saying "I". we do not know. We need the full councel of the word of God not just small doctrins of salvation. If the Lord needs to take a man through the Law to bow him down to to say Lord have mercy. Then why fight the Lord who is the one who actually knows our hearts. You cant judge the hearts of men and their salvation statues by your rules you can just Speak the Word in a Spirit of Truth and Let the Holy Spirit and The Lord do their perfect work of creation in us and bring us to the end of ourself so we actally cry out To the Lord instead of trusting our doctrins and traditions and religions.

Edited by Reinitin