• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Did you know that Baptismal regeneration originated with the RC?  Interesting isnt it? Also, have you ever noticed that works righteousness is the main common denominator (not to mention the obvious heresy of denying the deity with some)with all false teachings and also the heresies we have to defend the faith against.

Yes to all your questions sister.......i was baptized as a baby and raised in the Catholic church as a child and had opportunity to observe some things in hindsight after coming to faith in Christ.  Amen, there are a lot of common denominators and all the false gospels are going in the same direction......back to Rome, which is peddling the interfaith delusion.......which will bring the whole world to worship antichrist.

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Yes to all your questions sister.......i was baptized as a baby and raised in the Catholic church as a child and had opportunity to observe some things in hindsight after coming to faith in Christ.  Amen, there are a lot of common denominators and all the false gospels are going in the same direction......back to Rome, which is peddling the interfaith delusion.......which will bring the whole world to worship antichrist.

Yep! They are emerging . Protestant and catholic. Catholic and islam. Islam and  protestant. Catholic and  buddist. The rabbit trail is long and dark. They are all already serving the beast.  We have emergent synogogues of satan all around us.  TBN houses many of them. 

I have friends that are catholic that I have grown up with since I was 5 yrs old. I have know them for 50 yrs.  I have been witnessing to them for years now and they just will not listen. All I can do is tell them the truth. The rest is up to God. They mostly avoid me like the plague now. 

Im thankful the Father saved you sister! Glory be to God in the Highest!!  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Yep! They are emerging . Protestant and catholic. Catholic and islam. Islam and  protestant. Catholic and  buddist. The rabbit trail is long and dark. They are all already serving the beast.  We have emergent synogogues of satan all around us.  TBN houses many of them. 

I have friends that are catholic that I have grown up with since I was 5 yrs old. I have know them for 50 yrs.  I have been witnessing to them for years now and they just will not listen. All I can do is tell them the truth. The rest is up to God. They mostly avoid me like the plague now. 

Im thankful the Father saved you sister! Glory be to God in the Highest!!  

It's the sad reality of the days we are living in now.   In a way though, all this is showing us how much God is in control and working to fulfill His purposes and bring things to a conclusion......and how close we are to the Lord's return.  He is doing exactly what He said He would do.

Yes, glory to God in the Highest!  Amen sister!  Yes I was such a lost and wandering sheep, just following the world merrily along until I got pregnant and began raising my child alone....wasn't the life I had pictured for myself, but the Lord used it to humble me and one day in 1986 He made me His own.  I had questions about life, but I wasn't looking for Him in particular, I was completely agnostic at that point, and I'm so glad how He arranged things and came looking for me and it was just like the song, I was blind and now I see. :) Thank you sweet Saviour.   

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Yowm said:

Again, your quote from Revelation has absolutely NOTHING to do with born again Christians. The White Throne judgement has to do with a judgement of works for those who refused the FREE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS through Jesus Christ our Lord. He bore the wrath due my sins...your scare tactics don't phase me. His love is sufficient.

Those that do not repent and get baptize in the name of Jesus refuse the free gift.  Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts1:36-38). Repenting and changing your way of thinking and living takes work, and takes time. For example Paul said in 1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Let continue with Paul. Let go into Galatians 5: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Now Paul said in Ephesians 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.  

Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. Now lets understand and reason together, Paul just gave us a rundown on condition of sins, repentance. People who are behaving in such manner will not inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God, even those who are unclean. Being unclean does not mean a person doesn’t wash up, we are not talking about soap and water. We are talking about defiling the body, with unholiness or unGodliness. Even the thoughts of your mind, learn to have good thoughts, learn to read the Bible and understand what you read. 

• Loved it! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

In all of this discussion of the "law", I find it interesting how the law of love is missing in so much of this discussion.  Perhaps, we should stay focus on love in discussing the Scriptures.

Rom 13:8  Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 
Rom 13:9  For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 
Rom 13:10  Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. 
Rom 13:11  Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. 
Rom 13:12  The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light. 

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

17 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

If you are working out your own salvation through "fear and trembling," then you have no need for Christ because you are saving yourself through your own works.  That is 100% a DIY salvation and that is just about as false a gospel as one can get.  People have been propagating some sort of works-based salvation since the beginning of the Church.  It was false then and it is still false today.  Works cannot and will not save you.  If they could, what is the magical number you would have to reach to earn your salvation?

Im pretty sure these are times we should be making sure our love does not wax cold and we are to live like Jesus is before us. When we attack people who love the Lord because our doctrin we should see our doctrin has bad fruit and we are bringing reproach on christianity and the name of our Lord when we bite and devour one another. You that Say salvation is by grace and refuse and attack the words influence as instruction to live a Godly life. Then where is your grace? Are these your brothers? have you judged them as seperated from Christ? If "they" in your judgment are of Satan and the World then wouldn't it still be your duty before the Lord is to show the love, grace and mercy you recieved by the Lord Christ Jesus?

Edited by Reinitin
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Yowm said:

I'm not sure what your point is, but for me repentance is a daily thing as He purges out the dross. I believe all Christians experience that convicting work throughout their walk.

Please quit with your condescending comments such as,"learn to read the Bible and understand what you read".

My point is that keeping of God’s holy laws that separates the righteous from the unrighteous. In (Titus: 3:8) This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. You must learn (by the word of God) what God expects of you and maintain his expectations to the end, if you expect to be saved. Jesus says in (Matt. 5:16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. You are supposed to glorify your Father in heaven, and let your light shine before men. And how do you do that? By having good works. Sometimes as a Christian you don’t have to say a word, people will see your works.

Let's go into (Ezek. 33:30-32) Also, thou son of man, the children of thy people still are talking against thee by the walls and in the doors of the houses, and speak one to another, every one to his brother saying, Come, I pray you, and hear what is the word that cometh forth from the Lord. (v.31) And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. (v. 32) And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not. Hopefully the time will come when you realize that you need more than lip service when it comes to serving the Lord. You must learn what thus saith the Lord, and do it!  

• Thumbs Up 1

Sisters and brothers God gives us all these earthy examples regarding faith. People have so much faith in their job that they work seven, sometimes fourteen days, and why? Because they have faith (believe) that they employer is going to pay them according to their works. Some of us have so much faith in our employer that we take out thirty-year mortgages on homes, five- year car loans. When you go to apply for these loans and the loan officer asks you for proof of income and employment, you don’t say “man I don’t have a job, just have faith in me, I’ll pay you”. The loan officer is going to run a credit report because he wants to see your past works and your history that’s how he judges if he can have enough faith in you to give you a loan. God works the same way, he is going to lay your works on the table on judgment day and judge you accordingly.

Paul said in (2Tim. 4:1) I CHARGE thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom. And by what means will he use to judge you? You will be judged according to your works, pertaining to the Commandments.

Jesus said in (John 17:3-4) (v.3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (v.4) I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. Yes Jesus did much work. He is the captain of our salvation and the captain is leading by his example, by his works.

Paul said in (Phil. 2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Now if you need not work, then why is Paul telling you to “WORK” out your own salvation, and pay close attention because he also says with “fear and trembling”.

Jesus said in (Matt. 19:16-17) (v.16) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? That’s what we are all trying to obtain correct, eternal life? (v.17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Now if you want to enter into eternal life you most keep the commandments. Sounds like a little work to me. 

18 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Again, more condescension.

Sure it sounds like works to you because it seems you are set on all the Scriptures that support your stance. Let's take a fuller look at this passage and see where you are ripping verses out of their context.

Here is your passage but in a fuller context...

And behold, a man came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?" And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments." He said to him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself." The young man said to him, "All these I have kept. What do I still lack?" Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me." When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions. And Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God." When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?" But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
(Mat 19:16-26)

As you see that rich young ruler has the same problem you are having. He thinks he can keep the commandments in order to merit eternal life. Pride was his problem. He could not bring himself to the point to see his utter helplessness in being 'good enough'. He could not  see that with man it is impossible.

You not understanding that right, the young man was attached to his possession, everything else he did was right, including keeping the commandments and the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week. There was no Sunday Jesus at that time, but the young man lack one thing. I'm not here to Judge you, judge yourself according to the word of God. Hopefully you not telling people it ok to steal, kill, commit adultery, etc. Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn’t dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! Jesus say in (Mat.7:21) “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”. For students to succeed in school, students learn to follow their teachers' instructions, and learn their lessons carefully. But few apply this method when they are dealing with the word of God.

In the scriptures its written in Proverbs 23:12  Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Bro.Tan said:

My point is that keeping of God’s holy laws that separates the righteous from the unrighteous. In (Titus: 3:8) This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. You must learn (by the word of God) what God expects of you and maintain his expectations to the end, if you expect to be saved. Jesus says in (Matt. 5:16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. You are supposed to glorify your Father in heaven, and let your light shine before men. And how do you do that? By having good works. Sometimes as a Christian you don’t have to say a word, people will see your works.

Let's go into (Ezek. 33:30-32) Also, thou son of man, the children of thy people still are talking against thee by the walls and in the doors of the houses, and speak one to another, every one to his brother saying, Come, I pray you, and hear what is the word that cometh forth from the Lord. (v.31) And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. (v. 32) And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not. Hopefully the time will come when you realize that you need more than lip service when it comes to serving the Lord. You must learn what thus saith the Lord, and do it!  

Bro Tan here is how I see it. acts 15 is the foundation for my opinion and studying of The 4 requirement's the Apostles, Prophets, and Leaders Of the Foundation Church of our Lord (including Paul who was excited to take the message from Jerusalm) made to gsntiles. Inward defilement by sexual sin(which would destroy our fellowship with God) and the out ward sin of sacraficing to Idols, abstaining from the blood, eating  things sacriaficed to idols would defile them outwardly. Jews couldn't of had fellowship with them without defiling themselfs If Gentiles continued those 3 practices. And this message was the wisdom of the Holy Spirt. Gentiles did not have to stop being Gentiles To be saved but what the proud and arrogant OSAS Denies and perverts Is Jews didn't have to stop being Jews to be saved by Gods mercy and grace shown to all men to the Jew First then the Gentile. These people fight agaisnt Gods Holy Spirit and do not protect the fellowship between those under the Law and those without the Law. In Revelation it says those being made holy  go on being made holy and those being made righteous Go on being made rightious and those being made pure go on being made pure. The 144,000 righteous and pure God chooses from each tribe have made themselfs cleanand pure outwardly by the word given by moses and inwardly by The Word Our Lord Jesus Christ The Son Of God. It is not refusing grace to follow the law given by moses this law also offered mercy and grace and Christ was the Mercy and grace and blood offered for those under the law also. offering a temporary witness till our Lord Came and offered Himself for all time and all men. Jesus by the Holy Spirit, Paul, Peter, James agreed in Acts 15 Gentiles can be saved and Continue being Gentiles. Jews can be saved and continue being Jews With there sacrafice for their sin our Lord. But those who do not protect our fellowship in Christ in either condition is very Lost and has defiled themselves inwardly and outwardly. The law cleans the out side of the serving dish and Christ Alone forgives sin and cleans the inside. Jesus doesn't provide meals at his table from dishes that are dirty outside or inside.

We are one in Christ. The Jew, The Gentile, and The Greek, Man or Women, Free or Slave.

Edited by Reinitin