• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Explain to me how it has any effect on our salvation.  If by "commanded" above you mean a must-have for salvation you are teaching a doctrine of salvation by works.

IF we continue NOT in Christ .............their is no salvation for us.    THUS by the SPIRIT let us do what our LORD commanded.

this is not works without faith.   THIS is works produced BY FAITH.    IF a man continues not in me, he is cast out .

ITS ALL ABOUT HEEDING HIS SPIRIT.  and HIS SPIRIT reminds us of ............ALL THINGS that HE has said.     I hope that clears it up.

Ps.   I don't know what the other man believes.  I just explained what i know is all.

• Group:  Mars Hill

12 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

the person i was saying it to is saying it and i think your grabbing stuff i say to them. so i explain to you why my heart can never say  "you dont have to be baptised. Just because i will never ever teach anything that would contradict the Lord and the apostals does not mean i believe some doctrin of regeneration or whatever heretic, condemned doctrin lable that other person is trying to lable me with.  

Thing like this happen all the time.  Its why we need to sit and really listen to what the other is saying.

I have been accussed of many teachings i have no clue about.  just because i say something the group itself has said.

THIS is where we need to all slow down and we all need to stop assuming,  i said all.   And ASK each other what we believe and etc. 

Like when i speak about the rapture ,    i have very little idea what pretrib teaches post trib teaches, ormid trib.

HOWEVER when i say what i learned by reading the bible, IF it lines up with any of these other teachings i get accused of believing LIKE EVERY GROUP

But i have no IDEA what all they teach.  I am just explaining what i learned in the bible.

THIS happens to all of us.   I have never even heard of baptismal regeneration either.  

We need to all of us SLOW DOWN , stop assuming if one says this THEY MUST be THIS or THAT

and just start over again.    I think this can all get cleared up real quick.  I DO.   i really do , if we do this.

Most here have sat in churches.   Most not all, most here have learned their doctrine from others or internet.

By grace , i just learned by reading the bible, by the HOLY GHOST.

it almost gets comical, if it were not so sad, when i get all these labels, YET i sat not under any church denomination or post trib , etc pre trib.

We need to start this all over .    And let none of us assume, instead if we think something , WE ask the other .

The holy spirit wants his people together as one, BUT only IN TRUE DOCTRINE .  

so why don't we start this all over .   

• Loved it! 1

So here let me start by saying what i have observed.

This might shock some .    I watched reinitin talk about water baptism.

She never said it saved .   she never once did.  What she said is correct.  

IT IS HIS COMMANDMENT.  that alone means what .   we should get angry if one says we should get water baptized.

NO.    Had reinitin SAID  if a man at or near his death comes to Christ and could not be water baptized, then he is in hell. THEN we would have had major problems.

She never said that.    However something hit me like a ton of bricks today.   JESUS SAID TO DO IT.   SO i say baptize any who can be baptized.

its the same thing i would say about Giving to the poor.     WE SHOULD.  HOWEVER if a man is dying and his whole life was naught but evil

but on his death bed is wheezing out his last breaths, yet comes to Christ .  the simple fact he never fed the poor wont damn him.  We are saved by Grace alone.

HOWEVER once we come to HIM , we then LEARN to walk as DID HE.  and this includes ALLL HIS SAYINGS

And yes we must provoke one another unto these good works, because sometimes some get weary and must be reminded , or they fall in error

and must be corrected quick.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

7 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Thing like this happen all the time.  Its why we need to sit and really listen to what the other is saying.

I have been accussed of many teachings i have no clue about.  just because i say something the group itself has said.

THIS is where we need to all slow down and we all need to stop assuming,  i said all.   And ASK each other what we believe and etc. 

Like when i speak about the rapture ,    i have very little idea what pretrib teaches post trib teaches, ormid trib.

HOWEVER when i say what i learned by reading the bible, IF it lines up with any of these other teachings i get accused of believing LIKE EVERY GROUP

But i have no IDEA what all they teach.  I am just explaining what i learned in the bible.

THIS happens to all of us.   I have never even heard of baptismal regeneration either.  

We need to all of us SLOW DOWN , stop assuming if one says this THEY MUST be THIS or THAT

and just start over again.    I think this can all get cleared up real quick.  I DO.   i really do , if we do this.

Most here have sat in churches.   Most not all, most here have learned their doctrine from others or internet.

By grace , i just learned by reading the bible, by the HOLY GHOST.

it almost gets comical, if it were not so sad, when i get all these labels, YET i sat not under any church denomination or post trib , etc pre trib.

We need to start this all over .    And let none of us assume, instead if we think something , WE ask the other .

The holy spirit wants his people together as one, BUT only IN TRUE DOCTRINE .  

so why don't we start this all over .   

amen.

In James letter what was he sharing with us? it is something that the Lord taught him by the Holy Spirit. What is he telling us when he said faith without works is dead? wouldn't we need the context and examine the scriptures before we start condemning people of heresy and false gospels, and typing repent in huge letters?

1 minute ago, Reinitin said:

amen.

In James letter what was he sharing with us? it is something that the Lord taught him by the Holy Spirit. What is he telling us when he said faith without works is dead? wouldn't we need the context and examine the scriptures before we start condemning people of heresy and false gospels, and typing repent in huge letters?

Reitin.  let us be quick to forgive.   just forget what she or he said.  Lets please start over .   I know people get mad at each other

and then want to tear at each other.  to me this is very sad.   rebuking ,being grave is good.  but just plain anger and stife is not.

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

So here let me start by saying what i have observed.

This might shock some .    I watched reinitin talk about water baptism.

She never said it saved .   she never once did.  What she said is correct.  

IT IS HIS COMMANDMENT.  that alone means what .   we should get angry if one says we should get water baptized.

NO.    Had reinitin SAID  if a man at or near his death comes to Christ and could not be water baptized, then he is in hell. THEN we would have had major problems.

She never said that.    However something hit me like a ton of bricks today.   JESUS SAID TO DO IT.   SO i say baptize any who can be baptized.

its the same thing i would say about Giving to the poor.     WE SHOULD.  HOWEVER if a man is dying and his whole life was naught but evil

but on his death bed is wheezing out his last breaths, yet comes to Christ .  the simple fact he never fed the poor wont damn him.  We are saved by Grace alone.

HOWEVER once we come to HIM , we then LEARN to walk as DID HE.  and this includes ALLL HIS SAYINGS

And yes we must provoke one another unto these good works, because sometimes some get weary and must be reminded , or they fall in error

and must be corrected quick.  

Amen. Jesus saves and Jesus said "be baptised".

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Explain to me how it has any effect on our salvation.  If by "commanded" above you mean a must-have for salvation you are teaching a doctrine of salvation by works.

I'm saying im not sure what the Lord had in mind. It could be the ephesians 2 works he prepared. It could be a witness that we as his creation need to humble ourself a little with an outword profession of inward faith.

I don't know i can scripturely come up with all kinds of reasoning. But, I can't and wont turn away from the Lord said to do it. So I say "be baptised" as he said. 

20 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Reitin.  let us be quick to forgive.   just forget what she or he said.  Lets please start over .   I know people get mad at each other

and then want to tear at each other.  to me this is very sad.   rebuking ,being grave is good.  but just plain anger and stife is not.

your right.

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

I guess we need to add the word 'baptism' to each of the following passages.

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
(Rom 10:9)
Then he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."
(Act 16:30-31)
Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,
(1Co 15:1-4)

Those are beautiful words and Paul eliquently shares with the church in Rome from Corinth (scholars agree he hadn't met them yet). I am abought to step on the doctrin pride toe. 

if you read and study his beautiful letter He was trying to head off doctirnal divisions and makes very clear in Romans 6 He is giving insight into all the Lord has done and is speaking to all of us "who have been baptised" (includes himself in the baptised) Romans 6:3 (i think). In romans 10 He's telling all who have been baptised the wonderful things our Lord has done.

He is trying to clear up divisions in doctrin between the new covenant and the old covenant given through moses.

You gotta read romans 1,2,3 to see his purpose of the letter to the church in Rome before you make a doctrin and start teaching something contrary to what the Lord said out of a few beautifully articulated verses in Romans 10.

Edited by Reinitin

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

No one has ever proven that telling the disciple to baptize people, as a command, has anything to do with salvation.  People place a spiritual component on it that does not exist, therefore, it becomes a work.  You cannot have it both ways.  If you say Jesus commanded it and we have to do it, then it is a work that saves you, not God's grace through faith.  Baptism and the Lord's Supper are merely signs.  They have no saving power.  What you say above means that if a person does not get baptized, they are not saved.  That makes baptism a work that saves you, and conversely, if you do not do it, you are not saved.  So it is a work that either saves you or condemns you.  That is salvation by works no matter how you slice it.

Wrong either your saved by the cross or not. In Romans Paul said confess Jesus as Lord. Jesus said why do you call me Lord and not do the things I say . So we have to obey him. If we don't how can we say we are saved. It's Jesus who commanded to baptize and make disciples of all nations. That's not a work salvation. It's just sanctification unto God. If you disobey God how do you call him Lord. And how are you saved.