• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

Just now, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Teditis is a very nice fellow Christian.  He avoided answering your questions because he has no answers.  Young Earth Creationists abound here.  There are a few of us Old Earth Creationists here, of one type or another, and see it as a literal reading of Holy Scripture.  I agree with your posts. 

LOL  Yes  I assumed as much.  Many people tend to get a bit prickly when they 'know' that they are right and can't come up with any argument to prove their point.  Been there, done that.  :coffee:I usually assume they have too much blood in their caffeine stream.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member

I find it amazing how little truth Christians are taught in church, or other gatherings.  My Lady was looking at Mark 16:17 one time. She asked at a bible study we attended that evening.  "Why is it we don't see this on a regular basis in our churches, and among Christians in general.   IMMEDIATELY!  The manure went into the air conditioning.  Within two weeks we were kicked out of our church and shunned by all the Christians in our town.  Her question scared the stuffing out of the demons over our church and our town!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92

17 hours ago, Denadii said:

I find it amazing how little truth Christians are taught in church, or other gatherings.  My Lady was looking at Mark 16:17 one time. She asked at a bible study we attended that evening.  "Why is it we don't see this on a regular basis in our churches, and among Christians in general.   IMMEDIATELY!  The manure went into the air conditioning.  Within two weeks we were kicked out of our church and shunned by all the Christians in our town.  Her question scared the stuffing out of the demons over our church and our town!

Mark 16:17 - “These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; [NASB]

This is what Denadii is talking about.  I realize it's a bit off topic, but I believe it's important to answer.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

And these signs shall follow them that believe,.... Not all of them, but some; and not always, only for a time; and which were necessary for the confirmation of the Gospel, and the establishment of Christianity in the world; and not only believing hearers, but believing ministers of the word, are chiefly designed; and this is said, for the encouragement both of those that preach the Gospel, and of them that hear, believe and obey. The Persic version, contrary to all others, reads, "ye shall show signs and wonders to them that believe not"; see 1 Corinthians 14:22.

In my name shall they cast out devils; so the Apostle Paul dispossessed the damsel, that had a spirit of divination; commanding the spirit, in the name of Jesus Christ, to come out of her, and it did; and evil spirits also went out of others, through his means, by the power of Christ, Acts 16:18; and this power continued for a considerable time among the saints: the phrase "in my name", is in the Arabic version, joined to the word "believe", in the preceding clause; and is omitted in the Persic version, but is rightly retained by all others in this place; for by the power and authority of Christ, and not their own, and by calling upon, and making use of his name, such miraculous operations were wrought by the apostles:

they shall speak with new tongues: or languages, not such as were new made, and had never been heard and known before; but foreign languages, such as they had never learned, or were able to speak, or understood before; and this not only did the apostles on the day of pentecost, but even common believers at other times, Acts 2:4 Acts 10:45.

But to stop here is doing Mark a disservice.  We should include Mark 16:18.

Mark 16:18 - they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” [NASB]

How many here are following Mark's Gospel quotations to the letter?  I've watched my wife pick up snakes to keep me from accidentally running over them with the lawn mower.  And we ate my mother's cooking when she was alive and survived it.  [My wife and I believe I was the victim of Munchausen by proxy when growing up.]  So how many pick up snakes and drink poison?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

The parts were delivered for the house. Stacks of timber and all materials necessary for its construction.  

But the house was [yet] without recognizable form and void. (Void can also mean 'empty' or unrecognizable).

55 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

The parts were delivered for the house. Stacks of timber and all materials necessary for its construction.  

But the house was [yet] without recognizable form and void. (Void can also mean 'empty' or unrecognizable).

Justin your logic is good, as far as it goes.....What was the first verse?   In the beginning God created.....What tense is the word 'created'?   Right.  Its past tense.   The tense indicates that creation the heaven and the Earth is finished.  All the lumber and building material is already incorporated to assemble the house.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Agreed.

So God created (a finished work)  Then the Earth became without form and void.  Yes?

Well. The narrative is a little confusing. It is repeated actually.

I think in this case, semantics and tense can be confusing.

Some languages do not have a past tense, so the phrase, "Be Saved" actually means, be "being saved".

Transliteration can often cause debate where none is needed. Thus, being created, might mean, Created, creating, is being created.

I think that God creates and sustains our universe at his pleasure. When He decides to sleep everything could become un-create in the "twinkling of an eye". 

43 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Well. The narrative is a little confusing. It is repeated actually.

I think in this case, semantics and tense can be confusing.

Some languages do not have a past tense, so the phrase, "Be Saved" actually means, be "being saved".

Transliteration can often cause debate where none is needed. Thus, being created, might mean, Created, creating, is being created.

I think that God creates and sustains our universe at his pleasure. When He decides to sleep everything could become un-create in the "twinkling of an eye". 

You may be right on different languages.   The point is, my friend, you're reading it in English.  Created' is not the Word used in the Hebrew.  The word used was בָּרָא" bârâʼ, baw-raw"  Its an absolute.  Created.  Complete

וַיַּ֤רְא אֱלֹהִים֙ אֶת־כָּל־אֲשֶׁ֣ר עָשָׂ֔ה וְהִנֵּה־טֹ֖וב מְאֹ֑ד וַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר יֹ֥ום הַשִּׁשִּֽׁי׃ פ