• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

1 minute ago, Teditis said:

The point was that God's creating the world void and dark (or dead, as you claim) makes perfect sense to me.

Make's for a clean-slate for Him to work with.

It makes sense that the living God.  The God who is life creates something dead.   How does it make sense?  How do we get death from life?

Edited by Denadii
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Denadii said:

It makes sense that the living God.  The God who is life creates something dead.   How does it make sense?

Well, you're the one adding the word "dead" here... that's not in the Bible.

Stick to the simple and don't add your preconceived notions.

• Group:  Senior Member

2 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Well, you're the one adding the word "dead" here... that's not in the Bible.

Stick to the simple and don't add your preconceived notions.

I added nothing.  The word 'void' is clear in its meaning in English

void

adjective
Law. having no legal force or effect; not legally binding or enforceable.
useless; ineffectual; vain.
devoid; destitute (usually followed by of):
a life void of meaning.
without contents; empty.
without an incumbent, as an office.
Mathematics. (of a set) empty.
(in cards) having no cards in a suit.
noun
an empty space; emptiness:
He disappeared into the void.
something experienced as a loss or privation:
His death left a great void in her life.
a gap or opening, as in a wall.
a vacancy; vacuum.

bôhûw, bo'-hoo; from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:—emptiness, void.

So tell me....You do read the bible.  Have you ever studied the bible?  I mean, have you ever done word studies? As in take each word and find the original Hebrew word for them?  You should try it.  You'll find it fascinating

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

What do you mean evidence for young earth ? there is no evidence for old earth  and earth is young .

19 minutes ago, Denadii said:

void

adjective

Law. having no legal force or effect; not legally binding or enforceable.
useless; ineffectual; vain.
devoid; destitute (usually followed by of):
a life void of meaning.
without contents; empty.
without an incumbent, as an office.
Mathematics. (of a set) empty.
(in cards) having no cards in a suit.

noun

an empty space; emptiness:
He disappeared into the void.
something experienced as a loss or privation:
His death left a great void in her life.
a gap or opening, as in a wall.
a vacancy; vacuum.

bôhûw, bo'-hoo; from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:—emptiness, void.

So tell me....You do read the bible.  Have you ever studied the bible?  I mean, have you ever done word studies? As in take each word and find the original Hebrew word for them?  You should try it.  You'll find it fascinating

Cute bait and switch game that you're playing... not! lol :24:

The word you used, and I objected to, was "dead" not "void"... and there is no hint of death in the word void as your own Definition shows, right?

So who's lacking the ability to do word-studies... that would be you. I read etymological dictionaries to pass the time as well as to actually learn .

Your ad hominems aren't going to add color to any discussion you'll want with me... try using tact and respect.

33 minutes ago, Denadii said:

1 hour ago, Denadii said:

Here is a question....When did Satan fall to Earth?  Why was it dark?  Why did God create an Earth that was without form and dead

43 minutes ago, Denadii said:

It makes sense that the living God.  The God who is life creates something dead.   How does it make sense?  How do we get death from life?

You see how you used the word "dead"? You did that... now you're playing games and actually lying.... why?

You should apologize before we continue...

59 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Cute bait and switch game that you're playing... not! lol :24:

The word you used, and I objected to, was "dead" not "void"... and there is no hint of death in the word void as your own Definition shows, right?

So who's lacking the ability to do word-studies... that would be you. I read etymological dictionaries to pass the time as well as to actually learn .

Your ad hominems aren't going to add color to any discussion you'll want with me... try using tact and respect.

Yes.  I used the word 'Dead'   Void means devoid of life. Empty. Dead. 

Nobody said you were not capable of doing a word study.  I asked if you ever have done one?  Why do you take offense at a simple question?  It seems that you are looking for a fight.  I'm not willing to fight so cool down.  Ok?  Reading etymological dictionaries to pass the time as well as to actually learn .  Rather useless unless you put that knowledge to work.

Here's a quick word study on verses one and two.   Tell me what you think.  

Did God simply stockpile materials to make the Earth or did He create it in verse one?

If God created the Earth in verse one, how did it become without form and void? 

In the beginning -רֵאשִׁית rêʼshîyth, ray-sheeth'; from the same as H7218; the first, in place, time, order or rank (specifically, a firstfruit):—beginning, chief(-est), first(-fruits, part, time), principal thing.

God -ʼĕlôhîym, el-o-heem'; plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God;

Created- בָּרָא bârâʼ, baw-raw'; a primitive root; (absolutely) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed (as formative processes):—choose, create (creator), cut down, dispatch, do, make (fat). The word  'Created' is in the past tense.  Means its done, complete, finished.

the heaven- shâmayim, shaw-mah'-yim; dual of an unused singular שָׁמֶה shâmeh; from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve):—air, × astrologer, heaven(-s).

and the earth- ʼerets, eh'-rets; from an unused root probably meaning to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land):—× common, country, earth, field, ground, land, × natins, way, + wilderness, world.

And the earth- ʼerets, eh'-rets; from an unused root probably meaning to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land):—× common, country, earth, field, ground, land, × natins, way, + wilderness, world.

Was- to be, become, come to pass, exist, happen, fall out

1.      (Qal)

1.      to happen, fall out, occur, take place, come about, come to pass

2.      to come about, come to pass

2.      to come into being, become

1.      to arise, appear, come

2.      to become

1.      to become

2.      to become like

3.      to be instituted, be established

Without Form- תֹּהוּ tôhûw, to'-hoo; from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert; figuratively, a worthless thing; adverbially, in vain:—confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness.  Became.

and void- בֹּהוּ bôhûw, bo'-hoo; from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:—emptiness, void.  (Dead? Devoid of life?)

and darkness- חֹשֶׁךְ chôshek, kho-shek'; from H2821; the dark; hence (literally) darkness; figuratively, misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness:—dark(-ness), night, obscurity.

was upon the face- face, surface (of ground)

of the deep- תְּהוֹם tᵉhôwm, teh-home'; or תְּהֹם tᵉhôm; (usually feminine) from H1949; an abyss (as a surging mass of water), especially the deep (the main sea or the subterranean watersupply):—deep (place), depth  (The darkness was all throughout the planet).

And the Spirit- רוּחַ rûwach, roo'-akh; from H7306; wind; by resemblance breath, i.e. a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively, life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension, a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions):—air, anger, blast, breath, × cool, courage, mind, × quarter, × side, spirit(-ual), tempest, × vain, (whirl-) wind(-y).

of God- אֱלֹהִים ʼĕlôhîym, el-o-heem'; plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:—angels, × exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), × (very) great, judges, × mighty

Moved- רָחַף râchaph, raw-khaf'; a primitive root; to brood; by implication, to be relaxed:—flutter, move, shake.

Upon- עַל ʻal, al; properly, the same as H5920 used as a preposition (in the singular or plural often with prefix, or as conjunction with a particle following); above, over, upon, or against (yet always in this last relation with a downward aspect) in a great variety of applications:—above, according to(-ly), after, (as) against, among, and, × as, at, because of, beside (the rest of), between, beyond the time, × both and, by (reason of), × had the charge of, concerning for, in (that), (forth, out) of, (from) (off), (up-) on, over, than, through(-out), to, touching, × with.

the face- פָּנִים pânîym, paw-neem'; plural (but always as singular) of an unused noun פָּנֶה pâneh; from H6437); the face (as the part that turns); used in a great variety of applications (literally and figuratively); also (with prepositional prefix) as a preposition (before, etc.):— accept, a-(be-) fore(-time), against, anger, × as (long as), at, battle, because (of), beseech, countenance, edge, employ, endure, enquire, face, favour, fear of, for, forefront(-part), form(-er time, -ward), from, front, heaviness, × him(-self), honourable, impudent, in, it, look(-eth) (-s), × me, meet, × more than, mouth, of, off, (of) old (time), × on, open, out of, over against, the partial, person, please, presence, prospect, was purposed, by reason of, regard, right forth, serve, × shewbread, sight, state, straight, street, × thee, × them(-selves), through ( -out), till, time(-s) past, (un-) to(-ward), upon, upside ( down), with(-in, -stand), × ye, × you.

of the waters.- מַיִם mayim, mah'-yim; dual of a primitive noun (but used in a singular sense); water; figuratively, juice; by euphemism, urine, semen:— piss, wasting, water(-ing, (-course, -flood, -spring)).

Here's an opportunity for discussion instead of arguing.

Edited by Denadii
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Yes.  I used the word 'Dead'   Void means devoid of life. Empty. Dead. 

Nobody said you were not capable of doing a word study.  I asked if you ever have done one?  Why do you take offense at a simple question?  It seems that you are looking for a fight.  I'm not willing to fight so cool down.  Ok?  Reading etymological dictionaries to pass the time as well as to actually learn .  Rather useless unless you put that knowledge to work.

Here's a quick word study on verses one and two.   Tell me what you think.  

Here's an opportunity for discussion instead of arguing.

Nope, you're playing games again.... and I'm looking for no fight with you about it.

The word "void" does not connote deadness in any fashion.. you've tried to prove it does.. weakly, but couldn't.

Now you're trying to change the topic of you basing your opinions on a faulty understanding of simple text.

It seems that you approach the Bible with preconceptions and a lack of understanding of simple words... like "void".

No further discussion can really take place until you learn some basics.... have a good day.

Just now, Teditis said:

Nope, you're playing games again.... and I'm looking for no fight with you about it.

The word "void" does not connote deadness in any fashion.. you've tried to prove it does.. weakly, but couldn't.

Now you're trying to change the topic of you basing your opinions on a faulty understanding of simple text.

It seems that you approach the Bible with preconceptions and a lack of understanding of simple words... like "void".

No further discussion can really take place until you learn some basics.... have a good day.

I suggest you get yourself a dictionary.  Goodbye

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92

1 hour ago, Denadii said:

I suggest you get yourself a dictionary.  Goodbye

Teditis is a very nice fellow Christian.  He avoided answering your questions because he has no answers.  Young Earth Creationists abound here.  There are a few of us Old Earth Creationists here, of one type or another, and see it as a literal reading of Holy Scripture.  I agree with your posts.