• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Sojourner414 said:

Okay then...so when you drive on the highway, ignore all the speed limit and other traffic signs. I guess then you should ignore all the warnings on food labels, prescription bottles, Emergency Alerts on TV, warnings on hair dryers not to use them in the tub, and anything else man ever wrote.

Speed limits, food labels have nothing to do with scripture. They are the instructions and laws of our world. If you go over the speed limit you may get a ticket and that could cost you some money. It is wise to read instructions but that is not what we are talking about. Is man's opinion more important than God's word? Definitely not.You are confusing the world and God's Holiness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

And yet another topic goes off the rails on a crazy train. :stong:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/11/2017 at 6:36 PM, Amazing Horse said:

When i post , i always post not what i think but what bible says . Nobody should care what i have to say im sinner man and should be in hell if not grace of Christ . By what i wrote i mean , untill you understand bible , you should not waste your time on man's writtings.

A simple statement, how I learned scripture. I have read the bible. God's word. As a young believer, I had to ask questions of other believers concerning scripture I did not understand. I learned much about God and His word, listening to Christian radio, daily studies. I read every day BOOKS about the scripture, by learned men I respect. As I became more equipped and secure in my understanding, I was able to be more selective in my book selections. I didn't graduate from Bible college as a baby Christian, I had to go through the basics and much bible study to get where I'm at today. I do not consider my time wasted reading so many studies by Godly men who helped me to grow. Making a broad statement as you did only shows your lack of understanding concerning other people who have been given a gift from God to teach, the truth of God's word. Though I do appreciate your desire to be biblical y pure, your missing a lot of great writings from very knowledgeable people. It is possible to learn from others, that's how we grow. 

Pro_11:14  Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.

Pro_9:9  Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

Heb_5:12  For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Mat_5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

1Ti_3:2  A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

2Ti_2:2  And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

Pro_27:9  Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.

2Ti_2:24  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

Pro_12:15  The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearken unto counsel is wise.

Mat_28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Okay then...so when you drive on the highway, ignore all the speed limit and other traffic signs. I guess then you should ignore all the warnings on food labels, prescription bottles, Emergency Alerts on TV, warnings on hair dryers not to use them in the tub, and anything else man ever wrote.

No i don't drive , i sit in back while Jesus is driving and i trust him , i don't even have license to drive .

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

9 hours ago, Amazing Horse said:

No i don't drive , i sit in back while Jesus is driving and i trust him , i don't even have license to drive .

I'm still waiting for scripture to back your claim that we shouldn't read anything else.

I mean, if your going to use scripture to attack someone, then you should be willing to use it to support your beliefs, do you not agree?

4 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I'm still waiting for scripture to back your claim that we shouldn't read anything else.

I mean, if your going to use scripture to attack someone, then you should be willing to use it to support your beliefs, do you not agree?

Sure thing

Romans 1:25

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

When you prefer to read book written by man , than written by God , you worshipp creature rather than Creator  , because you put your priority in what creature has written rathen than what Creator has written .

1 hour ago, Amazing Horse said:

Sure thing

Romans 1:25

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

When you prefer to read book written by man , than written by God , you worshipp creature rather than Creator  , because you put your priority in what creature has written rathen than what Creator has written .

You know that verse doesn't say anything about that. Its talking about worshipping idols. It says nothing about pleasure reading, and no one here said the book at hand was more important then the bible. 

So, now that we've established that verse doesn't prove your point, do you have another?

Just now, The_Patriot2017 said:

You know that verse doesn't say anything about that. Its talking about worshipping idols. It says nothing about pleasure reading, and no one here said the book at hand was more important then the bible. 

So, now that we've established that verse doesn't prove your point, do you have another?

Idols are not only gods made of clay but it can be also computer , book or even facebook , why do you assume that idols are only gods ?

22 minutes ago, Amazing Horse said:

Idols are not only gods made of clay but it can be also computer , book or even facebook , why do you assume that idols are only gods ?

Again your accusing someone of something not true just to prove your point. Yes the internet and all those things can be idols. Doesn't mean they are. You must also believe the same way I am, otherwise you would not be here, on the internet, misinterpreting scripture.

16 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Again your accusing someone of something not true just to prove your point. Yes the internet and all those things can be idols. Doesn't mean they are. You must also believe the same way I am, otherwise you would not be here, on the internet, misinterpreting scripture.

What do you base on what is idol and what is not idol? Can you give me bible verse explaining what is idol for you then we can continue or do you assume that something is idol based on your point of view and not bible ?

For me it's pretty simple. God said to study his word .

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

And if you Love Jesus then you keep his commandment , not 10 commandments given by YHWH to Moses but every commandment that Jesus said .

John 14:15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

But when you study other books than God , you prefer to study things created by man rather than things created by God , so you not only could waste the time (because not everything written is true ) but you put God on 2nd place for that time and prefer man's writting rather than God's writting .

That would apply to other things same as seen in Luke 14:26

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

That does not mean that you should go now and curse your parents and hate them , but that means you should prioritise what God said over what your parents said .

God warn us about doctrines of man , and because i know we live in apostasy i don't suggest reading anything because most stuff nowdays is New Age lies .

Matthew 15:9

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Edited by Amazing Horse