• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I know all of those chapters and have taught out of them.  They have nothing to do with Calvinism or God choosing who will or will not be saved.  I was just interested in seeing how you twist Scripture to fit the  false teaching of Calvinism.

I am proud of you for standing up for truth. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I know all of those chapters and have taught out of them.  They have nothing to do with Calvinism or God choosing who will or will not be saved.  I was just interested in seeing how you twist Scripture to fit the  false teaching of Calvinism.

Wow, such profound blindness.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Robert William said:

Wow, such profound blindness.

It's not blindness.  Calvinism simply cannot be supported anywhere in the NT.    It is not a biblical doctrine.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

It's not blindness.  Calvinism simply cannot be supported anywhere in the NT.    It is not a biblical doctrine.

It's not about Calvin, he is just a fallible person like us, it's about the Holy Spirit and the Canon of 66 books as the Christian's ultimate and final authority.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Robert William said:

It's not about Calvin, he is just a fallible person like us, it's about the Holy Spirit and the Canon of 66 books as the Christian's ultimate and final authority.

Of course it is about Calvin.  That's where "Calvinism" comes from.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Of course it is about Calvin.  That's where "Calvinism" comes from.

Why do you keep bringing up Calvin, just stick with scriptures? I gave you plenty of scriptures but you reject them.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Robert William said:

Why do you keep bringing up Calvin, just stick with scriptures? I gave you plenty of scriptures but you reject them.

You haven't given me any Scriptures in our discussion, so far. Just oblique references to Ephesians 1 and Romans 9

12 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You say that man can make a free will choice to embrace the gospel, but scripture teaches the opposite.

1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

22 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You haven't given me any Scriptures in our discussion, so far. Just oblique references to Ephesians 1 and Romans 9

Pelagianism fails to understand man's nature and weakness. We are by nature sinners (Eph. 2:3; Psalm 51:5). We all have sinned because sin entered the world through Adam: "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned" (Rom. 5:12, NIV). Furthermore, Romans 3:10-12 says, “There is none righteous, not even one; 11 There is none who understands, There is none who seeks for God; 12 All have turned aside, together they have become useless; There is none who does good, There is not even one." Therefore, we are unable to do God's will (Rom. 6:16; 7:14). We were affected by the fall of Adam--contrary to what Pelagius taught.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Robert William said:

You say that man can make a free will choice to embrace the gospel, but scripture teaches the opposite.

I have never made that argument.