• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Whatever. I find this a gross waste of time. Will you be here on the 24th?

A waste of time..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No but odds are on my side lol.

But you could apply that logic to any day in future and complete deny Jesus comming .

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Maybe with the rapture but I believe certain signs will appear before His 2nd Coming. 

Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
(2Th 2:3-4)

This has not happened, so I can confidently say Jesus is not coming back on the 23. 

This is about 2nd comming , about rapture is here 2 Thess 2:6-9

6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Maybe with the rapture but I believe certain signs will appear before His 2nd Coming. 

Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
(2Th 2:3-4)

This has not happened, so I can confidently say Jesus is not coming back on the 23. 

Notice below it says the restrainer (the church) will be taken out of the way, AND THEN the lawless one will be revealed. 

2 Thess 2:7-8 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 

The restrainer is the Holy Spirit which indwells all believers. If the Holy Spirit is taken away, so are all believers. We are children of the light and children of the day, 1 Thess 5:5, and the tribulation period will be 7 years of darkness, Zeph 1:15. I don't think God intended light to mix with darkness. 

Also, if you go to Rev 12:1-5, it says the child (the body of Christ) is caught up to God's throne when the woman gives birth, which is in September. Notice the dragon tries to devour the body of Christ the moment he was born, Rev 12:4. Rapture saves us from being devoured.. http://www.unsealed.org/2017/08/conservative-scholars-agree-male-child.html

2 Thess 2:3 is not referring to people's faith, it's referring to rapture. The restrainer is the church and these passages are in parallel with each other. Notice the word "revealed". The church is taken out, and then shall that Wicked be revealed.

2 Thess 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away (rapture) first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2 Thess 2:6-8 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

God Bless.

7 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

And yet, it is not a waste of time for you to tell us that we should buy into this latest doomsday prediction and imply we are scoffers if we do not.  You seem to be highly selective about what is a waste of your time and what is not.

2 Pet 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Jesus commands the believer to wake up Prov 8:34-36, Matt 24:42-44, Luke 21:34-36, Rom 13:11, 1 Thess 5:1-11, 1 Pet 4:17, Rev 3:1-3

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Rapture is ...

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
(1Th 4:16-18)

1 Thess 4:13-17 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up (harpazo) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Rev 12:1-5 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman (Israel) clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.   2  She (Israel) was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.   3  Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon (Satan) with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads.   4  Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon (Satan) stood in front of the woman (Israel) who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child (teknon the church) the moment he was born.   5  She gave birth to a son (huios Jesus Christ himself), a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child (teknon the church) was snatched up (harpazo) to God and to his throne.

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No, that's 2nd Coming too. 

Rapture is ...

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
(1Th 4:16-18)

But  anyhoo, another topic.

So what does 2 Thess 2:6-9 mean to you? who withdrawn and who revealed

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Whatever. I find this a gross waste of time. Will you be here on the 24th?

Then why do you bother in these discussions?

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

Reading the proponents of this crazy theory since you last posted this, I'd say the bath water is dirty and there is no baby!.

I would agree that there is way too much dirty water, but there is a baby......  But the little bugger doesn't have anything to do with the return of Christ

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm a slow learner. :P

LoL

Hi all. I will not be posting on 9/20 thru 9/23. I do apologize for anyone who I've upset or offended. I love all my brothers and sisters in Christ, and I wish the best for everyone. God bless you always. - Heb 13:8