• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I am not sure how I would know for certain, if that still small voice was God's or not. I have heard, what I believe to be the voice of God, in a substantially not so still and small voice, three times in the last 40 years or so.

However, while I would value hearing God in clear and unmistakable ways, it is not that important that I do so. I have His word, the Bible, that speaks very clearly, and it is enough for me.

The Bible speaks to me, I believe that is God speaking, but I may not always, perfectly hear. I pray, and at times, I get an understanding or a confirmation in my spirit, hard to explain, but it is not hearing exactly, and it strikes me as something other that a feeling.

It is unpredictable, not dependable, but I think that is my problem, not God's. I do know that when I get these impressions, I never discover them to be wrong.

I doubt that helps answer your question much, but it is all I have to offer.

By the way, welcome to Worthy!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

God speaks to me through circumstances, through the still small voice when I know it is not my own ideas,  through the Scriptures,  through my pastor's sermon when it is an answer that I had been searching for---many ways.  Usually it is not in a way I was expecting.   Often it is repeated in confirmation through another means.  When Jesus was baptized it was confirmed by the Voice from heaven, the prophets, the godly man John the Baptist, and the Holy Spirit descending on Jesus.   It never violates Scripture or tells you to sin.