• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

20 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

lightshadows.png

More Cartoons. :rolleyes:

Do you have a coherent "Substantive" argument/position regarding anything by chance?

ps.  You still have a sizable post 'step-by step' deconstructing your entire treatise (OP) that you WHOLESALE DODGED, here: 

Pseudo-Science Deconstruct

We're still waiting. 

regards 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  2

magnet01.png

EDIT[lost all the text when posting. retyping it in.]

When I was a kid, I was fascinated by magnets.  Something about feeling the forces at a distance seemed cool.  I was fortunate in my career and was able to spend a number of years learning about magnets and designing them.

Over the next week or so, I'm going to do some posts about magnets.  Feel free to toss out any questions.  The graphs above show the field around a cylinder bar magnet.  The left 3-D view is the shape of the magnet and the blue plane shows where the field is being plotted.  The right graph shows the direction and strength of the field.  Note that the north pole and the south poles are the general region of the surface of the magnet where the field is pointing outward or inward.  This is basically what a pole of a magnet is, where the field points strongly inward or outward.

As an FYI, this is a visualization of a simulation of the field using codes and algorithms that I wrote for professional magnet design.

Edited by GandalfTheWise

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, GandalfTheWise said:

The real key is having the mathematical and technical ability to actually understand what is happening and to make successful predictions from it.  People who can do this are the ones that I respect and have some degree of confidence in what they say.

The only successful mathematical prediction  that matters to our understanding  is that 1 out of every 1  of us will die .

All the mathematical and technical ability in the world  cannot save from sin , deliver from sickness , annihilate the fear of death and enable the whosoever will that may come to drink at the fountain of living waters .

The only confidence that matters is the confidence in the truth of the eternal  resurrected Christ who will always reveal His desires for us if we will listen .

" He sent His Word , and healed them ."   ( Psalm 107 : 20 ) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Here's my Example of Applied Physics.

Physically get out of bed at 4am, arrive at work at 5am, Go underground and cut coal till 5.30pm, leave work and arrive home 6.30pm, repeat 4 days straight. Have three days off, mostly sleeping and resting, then it all starts again only this time instead of getting out of bed at 4am, I lay about home all day on the fourth day off, waiting to leave home at 4.pm, to arrive at work at 5.pm, to go underground and cut coal till 5.30am, leave work and arrive home at 6.30 am and fall into bed exhausted. do this for another 4 nights in a row.

I prayed every day that God protects me on the job and my wife while I was away so long every day, and He did.

A hard life I know but at least we saw that we produced something saleable, something we could see stockpiled pit top, something useful that is used for many things to make life better for all.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Here's my Example of Applied Physics.

Physically get out of bed at 4am, arrive at work at 5am, Go underground and cut coal till 5.30pm, leave work and arrive home 6.30pm, repeat 4 days straight. Have three days off, mostly sleeping and resting, then it all starts again only this time instead of getting out of bed at 4am, I lay about home all day on the fourth day off, waiting to leave home at 4.pm, to arrive at work at 5.pm, to go underground and cut coal till 5.30am, leave work and arrive home at 6.30 am and fall into bed exhausted. do this for another 4 nights in a row.

I prayed every day that God protects me on the job and my wife while I was away so long every day, and He did.

A hard life I know but at least we saw that we produced something saleable, something we could see stockpiled pit top, something useful that is used for many things to make life better for all.

I grew up on a dairy farm.  I respect anyone that puts in a hard honest day's work.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, GandalfTheWise said:

I grew up on a dairy farm.  I respect anyone that puts in a hard honest day's work.

Hi Gandalf,

I worked on a dairy farm as a child before school for pocket money. I learnt early how hard things can be and how hard a dairy-mans life is as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

The only successful mathematical prediction  that matters to our understanding  is that 1 out of every 1  of us will die .

All the mathematical and technical ability in the world  cannot save from sin , deliver from sickness , annihilate the fear of death and enable the whosoever will that may come to drink at the fountain of living waters .

The only confidence that matters is the confidence in the truth of the eternal  resurrected Christ who will always reveal His desires for us if we will listen .

" He sent His Word , and healed them ."   ( Psalm 107 : 20 ) 

I want to make clear that my earlier statement was with regard only to technical matters, not spiritual matters. :) 

• Topic Count:  19

13 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Actually, the failure of this image experiment is the size of the light source is exceedingly too small and too close. You don't have a fuzzy shadow because the light source is directed. 

1.  Actually, according to 'The Narrative', the light source is very close to the Relative Size of the Sun.

2.  Actually, the further away the Light Source... the worse your case becomes.

SEDiagram1c[1].JPG

The sun is so big the shadow of the moon is very small on the earth which is why you can see the fuzziness of the shadow instead of a sharp line image as your photo graph implies. If you increase the size of your light by a factor of 300, you'll get a better reality.

Thanks!!  thumbsup.gif  SEE the... Convergent Sun Rays! 

"Crepuscular rays are PARALLEL!"
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/11/02/crepuscular-rays-are-parallel/#.WdELTFtSy02

Your Cartoon has some 'Splainin to do' because it takes Eratosthenes Fairytale outback to the Woodshed and gives him "What For"!! (It's a Trainwreck anyways, SEE: Cleomedes)

So which is it...Convergent Sun Rays or Parallel Sun Rays??  Can't have Both. ;)

And lastly, according to 'The Narrative'... the sun is 93,000,000 Miles Away, so the Sun is relatively the same size as the Moon.  If it wasn't, we wouldn't have Solar Eclipses. ;)

ps.  So you claimed that in my ACTUAL PICTURE the light source was too close; what about the light source in your Cartoon?? :huh:

Thanks for Confirming my Case.  

regards

24 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

This link contains a photograph taken from the International Space Station over India which forms the main basis of the conclusion.  To say that the rays of light are exactly parallel or close to parallel is beyond the resolution of a single photograph taken from space.

• Topic Count:  19

22 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

This link contains a photograph taken from the International Space Station over India

You're a Physicist and this is your response??  :huh:

I don't care if it contains a picture of Liberace and George Washington sporting purple tutu's riding side-saddle on a hobbled Pink Unicorn winging around the Sombrero Galaxy.

which forms the main basis of the conclusion.

Common Sense forms the 'Main' basis for the conclusion.

To say that the rays of light are exactly parallel or close to parallel is beyond the resolution of a single photograph taken from space.

Goodness Gracious

regards