Equippers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

everyone defines real friendship differently, and lets face it, there is no such thing as a perfect friendship

but for the purpose of this thread , there are four criteria for the kind of friendship i am talking about here

1 there has to be genuine love

2 when you are down, you know they would be there for you, no just dispensing bunch of quick advice that costs them nothing, but they are actually willing to (to a certain extent) face whatever that comes at you side by side.

3 when you succeed, they are genuinely happy for you

4 when they sinned against you , you are able to have a honest conversation with them, and you know they love you enough to be willing to make a change rather than just brush you off.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

I’d say 4. I have many acquaintances but real friends is a group I keep small for personal reasons. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1981

God bless you in Jesus Christ the Lord and our saviour. Amen!

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  24,675
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

I have about between and 10 friends that fall under that criteria. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Here ponder this for a bit.

I Have One friend and that IS CHRIST , now all who truly LOVES CHRIST are my friends.

IN this day and age it sure appears I have far more against me .

But When we see spiritually,  the whole world against Christ would still mean THEIR are MORE with me than against me.

Cause the world stands no change against Christ .

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, Equippers said:

everyone defines real friendship differently, and lets face it, there is no such thing as a perfect friendship

but for the purpose of this thread , there are four criteria for the kind of friendship i am talking about here

1 there has to be genuine love

2 when you are down, you know they would be there for you, no just dispensing bunch of quick advice that costs them nothing, but they are actually willing to (to a certain extent) face whatever that comes at you side by side.

3 when you succeed, they are genuinely happy for you

4 when they sinned against you , you are able to have a honest conversation with them, and you know they love you enough to be willing to make a change rather than just brush you off.

They are more numerous than I can count. Truly more than I can name. I am blessed! Friends have demonstrated their willingness and ability  to be of physical help and spiritual companionship in both the darkest of time as well as within the lighthearted moments of fellowship. Some were friends without my even knowing it or of them personally. They are also family by blood line, by marriage, by local body of Christ fellowship, by common mission interests, by  bond-servant status as laborers in the service of our Lord and; some are neighbors both those that know Jesus and those that do not.

BTW friendship does not have to be reciprocal! I can be the genuine friend to someone and they not be a friend to me, if I follow the extra burden ( privilege, responsibility, and opportunity ) that Jesus places on his servants. I am to be friend to my enemies as well  as my allies.

Bible reference:

“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.  To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either.  Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back.  And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

“If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.  And if you do good to those who do good to you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount.  But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful."

Practical application in song- Try carrying this tune in heart and head. And be this person. By Randy Newman and as found in the movie Toy Story;

"You've Got A Friend In Me"

You've got a friend in me
When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles
From your nice warm bed
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in me
Yeah, you've got a friend in me

You got troubles, I've got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together and see it through
Cause you've got a friend in me

Some other folks might be
A little bit smarter than I am
Bigger and stronger too
Maybe
But none of them will ever love you
The way I do
It's me and you, boy

And as the years go by
Our friendship will never die
You're gonna see it's our destiny

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Further;  I learned of friends I didn't really know I had, and so did my helpmate of nearly 50 years, when she was so sick. They have always been there even those whose names I did not know, except as Brother and as Sister.

We would become aware of prayers for her and we both were lifted in spirit by them.  It got so we knew when individuals were in prayer for her.

People, friends, came to our home and helped. They helped with cleaning, with food, with conversation, as well as with prayer.Though she was so sick she should have not lived, she did and was actually  pronounced healed with no need of further treatment. Yet, so soon after, that illness returned anew and it took her rapidly onto peace with our Lord Jesus.

Life has it's hard moments! Yet we have the final victory, a gift coming from  our creator, eternal life with Him at a place of no tears.

..."Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.  And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”  And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.  The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son"...

All the brothers and sisters in Christ do have a friend in Jesus

Edited by Neighbor