• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

No, he is asking you to clarify your statement because this:

Makes no sense in it's current form.

sigh   no  i suggest   you look up the scripture  of knowing we are saved...  a know  so salvation..  i done clarified it    and no i am not going to defend the term a know  so salvation..  one Clue what doe the word   KNOW  mean...   ?  figure it out on your own  you dont need a college  degree to understand  . in all my years preaching i have never had anyone  come to me and say a know so salvation makes no sense   

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

So, after all your "years" of preaching, when asked to simply clarify what you say, this is the response?  Condescension and mild insults?  I'd hate to be in your congregation and be someone who wanted to ask for clarification.

if you consider my reply  Condescension and mild insults  i dont know what to tell you.. i explained it  let me copy and repost so as you can read  ...    {   there is i know Jesus and there is no Jesus    which is it for you?  no offense  what does the Bible say,    we can hope we have eternal life? }  when i read something i am not sure about i start searching and yes i do ask i gave a explanation   that we may know ==a know  so salvation  if you dont know chances are you are not     1 John 5:13 .. you turning a ant hill into a mountain  (   I'd hate to be in your congregation and be someone who wanted to ask for clarification.)   you probably would..   then you probably would not understand when the preacher gets  here we will have preaching    or your name tag will either fall off going  up or burn off going down..  

On 10/8/2017 at 10:05 AM, JohnD said:

Cutting through the opinions and hopes and dreams and myths and traditions of man...

The Holy Spirit interpreted ←Bible authenticated scriptures can prove we are saved by faith alone in Christ alone.

1 John 5:13 (AV)
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

yes a know so salvation AMEN AMEN     

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

14 hours ago, the watchman said:

sigh   no  i suggest   you look up the scripture  of knowing we are saved...  a know  so salvation..  i done clarified it    and no i am not going to defend the term a know  so salvation..  one Clue what doe the word   KNOW  mean...   ?  figure it out on your own  you dont need a college  degree to understand  . in all my years preaching i have never had anyone  come to me and say a know so salvation makes no sense   

Its your grammar that made no sense. I know what it means to be saved.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Its your grammar that made no sense. I know what it means to be saved.

so my grammar of saying i have a know so salvation   made no sense?    " I know what it means to be saved. "   that was not the statement  knowing what it means to be saved..   i said i had a know so salvation     f or the life of me i have no idea what grammar has to do with saying i have a know so salvation.  1 john 5:13       5 words   which is saying   I  KNOW THAT I KNOW THAT I KNOW BEYOND  a shadow of doubt that i am saved..  i also know --- which means to have understanding or knowledge  through a personal relationship  .that i am saved.  might i add i had no idea proper grammar was a requirement  to post here.  if that be  the case  admin needs to remove my account  .

Edited by the watchman
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, the watchman said:

so my grammar of saying i have a know so salvation   made no sense?    " I know what it means to be saved. "   that was not the statement  knowing what it means to be saved..   i said i had a know so salvation     f or the life of me i have no idea what grammar has to do with saying i have a know so salvation.  1 john 5:13       5 words   which is saying   I  KNOW THAT I KNOW THAT I KNOW BEYOND  a shadow of doubt that i am saved..  i also know --- which means to have understanding or knowledge  through a personal relationship  .that i am saved.  might i add i had no idea proper grammar was a requirement  to post here.  if that be  the case  admin needs to remove my account  .

I understand your point and no need to explain it to me.

I do not hope for eternal life to come to me, because Jesus is my Eternal Life and the way I see my self I will continue to believe the rest of my life.  

I am saved from Hell, what else can I ask, to be saved from too much working or for driving too fast, and not admit it, instant chalenge the officer to prove it.

Is it pleading no guilty a sin, is it remaining silent a sin, is it not disclosing the where about of my friend an elegal a sin, and on persistent inquiries giving the wrong address a sin? Whether I am going to be saved from something people considered a sin, does is it realy matter so much, when I am saved from not believing, because I believe. 

This is my Eternal life with Jesus, I believe in him, that's when my eternal life begins with Jesus, the very first moment i believe in him. 

Jesus said when someone sins , he does not die spiritually, he is still mine, jesus said I cannot loose anyone for eternity to the Devil because of sins. 

They belong to me but They fellowship with the darkness but not full time I get my momments also.

But when they die, they cannot fellowship with the darkness any more because there is no darkness in Heaven. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I understand your point and no need to explain it to me.

I do not hope for eternal life to come to me, because Jesus is my Eternal Life and the way I see my self I will continue to believe the rest of my life.  

I am saved from Hell, what else can I ask, to be saved from too much working or for driving too fast, and not admit it, instant chalenge the officer to prove it.

Is it pleading no guilty a sin, is it remaining silent a sin, is it not disclosing the where about of my friend an elegal a sin, and on persistent inquiries giving the wrong address a sin? Whether I am going to be saved from something people considered a sin, does is it realy matter so much, when I am saved from not believing, because I believe. 

This is my Eternal life with Jesus, I believe in him, that's when my eternal life begins with Jesus, the very first moment i believe in him. 

Jesus said when someone sins , he does not die spiritually, he is still mine, jesus said I cannot loose anyone for eternity to the Devil because of sins. 

They belong to me but They fellowship with the darkness but not full time I get my momments also.

But when they die, they cannot fellowship with the darkness any more because there is no darkness in Heaven. 

glad some one understands it thank you

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

14 hours ago, the watchman said:

might i add i had no idea proper grammar was a requirement  to post here

Sir you are being rude. Its not a "requirement" but you do need to make yourself easily understood.

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

3 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

A few pointers. 

First off, since you say you are a long-time preacher, your message should be tailored in a way that anyone can easily understand it.  This is the basic Modus Operandi for any Pastor.  So if you have a few people telling you that your point is not clear, the problem is not them, the problem is with your delivery of the message.  That demands a re-structuring of the message on your part, in the hopes of making it more understandable.  If there are people who cannot understand the message, then the message is useless.

Using poor grammar and poor punctuation severely degrades the message.  No, nothing here demands that you use good grammar or good punctuation, or capitalization when constructing a post, but once again, it's all about the delivery.  Poor grammar, lack of proper punctuation, and lack of capitalization shows either laziness or lack of education.  It damages the message itself.  Illiterate people cannot read the post at all, and literate people look at the message and the first thing they think is:  "Does this guy not know about capitalization?  His grammar does not make sense."  They mostly disregard everything after that.  And if they ask for clarification, you insult them and act like they are the problem.

Rudeness is not going to get anyone to listen to you.  Rudeness virtually guarantees that your message, whatever it is will be automatically dismissed out of hand, no matter how good you think it is.

I understand completely what that particular phrase means, having heard it many times in an AoG church.  But perhaps others on this board, made up of fellow Christians from other denominations, or no denominations are not going to understand that statement.  That means, for those who are not familiar with that statement, and since you assume the role of a teacher, you have to be not only able, but willing to explain the concept to them if they do not understand it and ask for clarification.

You are an educated person, and you made some good points. 

Food for thought. 

Does it realy matter if some knows that he is saved or not? 

The answer is both yes and not. 

Even to the Savior is important. 

Jesus knows when someone is Saved from Hell, or from some other earthly situation, or individual sin or defect of caracter. 

Whether the person knows it or not and sits on judgement on his own matters, or other individuals sit on the judgement sit judging him, it matter and does not. 

It is not that Jesus knows and his judgement is the supreme one and final. 

We must also learn how to judge correctly, because we want to advocate for the Heavenly truth and be peace makers and not to afflict those that belong to Jesus and put them on a wok to work and labour for something they already have, with the philosophy in mind that "the end justifies the means". 

This is a two way path that blesses and courses. 

This is a man's path who is wise in his own eyes, and not the Heavenly path who says a man must decide on his own repentance and the degree and specific repentance as it is required from him by the Holy Spirit, who is the Law for each one of us within our hearts. 

And this is not the repentance unto faith, because we speak to those who believe. 

And also it must be the persons dicitions how much he is going to devote to Jesus and there is the right season for that and it is not the same for everyone . 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

A few pointers. 

First off, since you say you are a long-time preacher, your message should be tailored in a way that anyone can easily understand it.  This is the basic Modus Operandi for any Pastor.  So if you have a few people telling you that your point is not clear, the problem is not them, the problem is with your delivery of the message.  That demands a re-structuring of the message on your part, in the hopes of making it more understandable.  If there are people who cannot understand the message, then the message is useless.

Using poor grammar and poor punctuation severely degrades the message.  No, nothing here demands that you use good grammar or good punctuation, or capitalization when constructing a post, but once again, it's all about the delivery.  Poor grammar, lack of proper punctuation, and lack of capitalization shows either laziness or lack of education.  It damages the message itself.  Illiterate people cannot read the post at all, and literate people look at the message and the first thing they think is:  "Does this guy not know about capitalization?  His grammar does not make sense."  They mostly disregard everything after that.  And if they ask for clarification, you insult them and act like they are the problem.

Rudeness is not going to get anyone to listen to you.  Rudeness virtually guarantees that your message, whatever it is will be automatically dismissed out of hand, no matter how good you think it is.

I understand completely what that particular phrase means, having heard it many times in an AoG church.  But perhaps others on this board, made up of fellow Christians from other denominations, or no denominations are not going to understand that statement.  That means, for those who are not familiar with that statement, and since you assume the role of a teacher, you have to be not only able, but willing to explain the concept to them if they do not understand it and ask for clarification.

You are an educated person, and you made some good points. 

Food for thought. 

Does it realy matter if some knows that he is saved or not? 

The answer is both yes and not. 

Even to the Savior is important. 

Jesus knows when someone is Saved from Hell, or from some other earthly situation, or individual sin or defect of caracter. 

Whether the person knows it or not and sits on judgement on his own matters, or other individuals sit on the judgement sit judging him, it matter and does not. 

It is not that Jesus knows and his judgement is the supreme one and final. 

We must also learn how to judge correctly, because we want to advocate for the Heavenly truth and be peace makers and not to afflict those that belong to Jesus and put them on a wok to work and labour for something they already have, with the philosophy in mind that "the end justifies the means". 

This is a two way path that blesses and courses. 

This not the Heavenly path