• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 10/12/2017 at 12:50 AM, Couppy said:

I love this picture.  It looks like a lonely road where very few people walk.

Hi Couppy,

I love the picture too. I liked the fact that you could see it long and wind into the distance, it reminds me that our lives are not always straightforward

Hope you are having a good week :)  Blessings 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2017 at 2:50 AM, IainL said:

I have been on Christian forums since 2004 when I was a student. It was a combination of curiosity and need for fellowship that made me search for such places. Also, I have also liked the idea of connecting with people from far away. I was part of a great Christian forum for many years and then it fell apart and many of my friends there left so I decided to scout for a new place. I first started using the chat and then I decided it was such a great place, so I joined. I must admit that I lost interest but the last year or two I have started to get more active. 

Hi Iain,

Thank you for sharing. I have been reading a book about different seasons in our life. We have got together and discussed the book with others. It was interesting to hear the others talk about changes in their own quiet time over the years. One lady was saying that she loves journaling as she spends time with God, and of late she has not been writing like she once did.

Having said this, it was interesting to read about your time here. It is great meeting people from all over the world here, and sharing our common love for the Lord with others.

Blessings :) 

On 10/12/2017 at 2:57 AM, Logan said:

When I first met my parents, this was the only place they would allow me to chat. Now it's the only place I want to.

That was so encouraging to read Logan. I am glad that your parents knew about Worthy, and see that it is has had such a positive impact in your life. I think it is great that people of all ages and backgrounds can interact and pray for one another here. 

On 10/12/2017 at 7:18 AM, Cobalt1959 said:

About 2003 I joined a Christian forum called "Manna Cabana " and really enjoyed it.  Was even a Mod there until I left.  The owner up and decided one day he was tired of the site and was going to shut it down.  Then he decided not to, and did an upgrade to it, but in the in-between Limbo, a good deal of the older members left because they thought the board was shutting down.  So even after the upgrade the place was kind of like a ghost town and he finally just let it die of neglect.  When I decided to leave I did a search for other Christian forums and signed up here in 2006.  I can't find the exact date anymore.

*Edit*  It was 11 years ago yesterday.

Hi Cobalt1959,

It has been interesting reading through the thread and seeing what people have shared. It is great finding a place like this, where we can interact with one another and learn from each other. It is encouraging to see people who have been here through the years, still here. Being here eleven years is excellent :)  Blessings 

On 10/12/2017 at 7:27 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Heck yeah I remember the A Team. Mr T was and is a good Christian believer. They actually asked him to be in that A Team movie that came out a few years ago but he refused saying it was nothing like the family friendly TV show. And I remember Buck Rogers.....the old Battlestar Galactica......Tom Baker's Dr. Who (the best one ever in my opinion)....Knight Rider.....

Hi TheMatrixHasU71, good to be reminded of names from the past. I had heard that Mr. T was a Christian but had not heard that he had been asked to act in the new A-Team movie. 

We loved watching Knight Rider, it was something we used to look forward to on a Friday night. Back in the day, having a car who like that was such a far-off dream. 

23 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I am glad that you are comfortable on Worthy with your Christian walk :)

Thank you MissMuffet :)

21 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi all,

I made a deliberate search for a larger Christian Message board, one with some control and supervision, and there was worthy Christian Forums.

After being a member of another Christian Message board since 2002, I was dismayed by the loss of so many Christians on the board. It had reduced to a handfull of nonchristians that spent most of each day ranting against God.

It had been a place to practice defense of the faith of Jesus, so I stayed until I was banned from mentioning the trinity. The Trinity was banned from subject matter on the basis that  the Trinity agitates the non believers with  mention of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That stunned me!  I knew something had gone seriously wrong with the operator of the board. It was most unfortunate in that the ministry bares the name of a servant of God that I reference often even today, a man I had met, spent some time with, had him talk at  our Local body  of Christ, and address our Christian school too. He was a terrific servant, now deceased, one I am still in great appreciation of for his tireless work and his magnetic cheerful personality.

Why I even met my  present love my bride of a year on that board! So I have very fond memory of it back in it's hayday.

I peeked in recently, as  my bride still visits it to chat with a couple of old friends there. All that was posted were from three people that hate Christ and Chrsitians, and two professing Christians that  love to argue more than share of Jesus ( IMO).

At this time  I do cherish this board for it's discipline, it's refusal to tolerate constant unkind commentary, as well as for it's encouragement from the operator of the board, to the moderators, and fellow members.

Praise God for the ministry  that is Worthy Christian Forums! 

The corporate body of Christ, the local church, I attend  teaches verse by verse. Here I get exposed to topical studies of interest of the moment.  I enjoy that opportunity to dig into the word to seek out information on subjects of interest to others as well as myself. I do enjoy all posts regardless of the point of view expressed. It is a joy and a benefit to this saint.

May God continue to bless Worthy Christian Forums with  individuals from around the globe that want to share or and about our Lord and savior Jesus.

Hi Neighbor,

One year and counting, right?

Thank you for taking the time to share. I like that even though there was disappointment with the previous website that you used, that you are still able to see the positive in it. It can be easy to only see the negative after having had a bad experience somewhere. 

A while ago I visited a church where they taught verse by verse. I was amazed looking around, seeing people of all ages there, including teenagers, who were sitting and listening! It was encouraging to see people keen to learn the Word.

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Annette,

What a great topic, thanks for posting. Hearing everyone`s journey to the Worthy family,` is so, so precious. We treasure what the Lord has here and the mods, and generally people are caring and thoughtful amid differences.

For me I some how got on to Andrew Strom`s site and learnt to comment on the topic at hand. Then some one invited me to a forum where I learnt to be gracious amid conflict. Eventually I saw that the forum was `controlled` by a few and they could not discuss without getting heated. So I looked around for Christian Forums, some were not well moderated, but as I `tried` out Worthy I found it very well moderated.

Have made some very good friends, old & new and it so feels like home, as TheAimes said.

And Ted, what others miss out on, not knowing you, we have the privilege here.

regards, Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

Good to hear from you. I agree with you, it has been great to read what others have shared. 

I think it is great to be able to allow others a chance to share, even when they see things differently from us. I think it helps us all grow a bit, but allowing ourselves to let others share. I think we are more likely to learn if we feel that we can share and have others interact with us within this group. I know I often go away with something to think. And sometimes take a while before I come back and write a response, or even just reread something that someone has written. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, jeffnevins said:

Oh wow, can't remember seeing a topic on this before. It's been so long now.

I was searching for a place to talk to Christians online, and found a forum with an easily found name, but the layout of the site and all the crazy avatars & image attachments really seemed random.

After some more searching I found this one, and haven't found a better Christian forum.

The number of subsections here still overwhelms me a bit, but once in a while I can figure out a place to post, like this topic.

Hi Jeff,

It is great having people share about their journey here on Worthy. And seeing why Worthy has been a place that has stood out to them. 

It has been great getting to meet people here and being encouraged to grow in our love and knowledge for God and His Word.

I am so glad that you shared your story too. I can totally relate to you wondering where you should post. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/11/2017 at 11:10 AM, GandalfTheWise said:

A couple people I respect on another Christian forum mentioned it so I thought I'd check it out.  I originally planned to mostly lurk and read and learn what I could.  I hadn't planned on saying much. :) 

I'm mostly interested in practical Christian living and spiritual growth.  I like to find threads where people are sharing their experiences and advice.  There's a lot to learn from people who've walked through places I haven't.

"practical Christian living and spiritual growth". I have the same desire. Was on other Christian forums, became a little frustrated by the seemingly major discussion  revolved around each word or phrase and Greek and Hebrew, of which I am unlearned. I'm simple, and need simple understanding. How others deal with certain problems and situation of every day life and how God's word applies to them. I found it here googling Christian forums, and been here since 09. Originally a lurker, saw the great attitude of most, and jumped in. Hope I will be a blessing to others, especially the lurkers watching .   

• Thumbs Up 2