• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Catholics on changing the Sabbath Commandment-
(third by their reckoning) -

The Third Commandment Expounded.

Q. What is the third commandment?
A. Remember that thou keepest holy the sabbath day.

Q. When did the Sabbath begin to be kept?
A. From the very creation of the world; for then God blessed the seventh day, and rested on it from all His work.—Gen. ii. 2.

Q. When was this commandment renewed?
A. In the Old Law, when God gave the commandments to Moses on mount Sinai, written with his own finger in two tables of stone.—Exod. xx. 1, &c. xxxi.

Q. Why was the Jewish Sabbath changed into the Sunday?
A. Because Christ was born upon a Sunday, arose from the dead upon a Sunday, and sent down the Holy Ghost on a Sunday—works not inferior to the creation of the world.

Q. By whom was it changed?
A. By the Governors of the Church, the Apostles, who also kept it; for St. John was in spirit on the Lord’s day (which was Sunday)—Apoc. i. 10.

NOTE: Catholics themselves have maintained that scriptural evidence for the Lord's day being Sunday is non-existent. See Rome's Challenge. See also  Did the Apostles Keep Sunday?

Q. How prove you that the Church hath power to command feasts and holydays?
A. By the very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, which Protestants allow of; and therefore they fondly contradict themselves, by keeping Sunday strictly, and breaking most other feasts commanded by the same Church.

Q. How do you prove that?
A. Because by keeping Sunday, they acknowledge the Church's power to ordain feasts, and to command them under sin; and by not keeping the rest by her commanded, they again deny, in fact, the same power.

Source:  The Douay Catechism (An Abridgment of the Christian Doctrine) of 1649, by Henry Tuberville, D.D., published by P. J. Kenedy, Excelsior Catholic Publishing House, 5 Barclay Street, New York, approved and recommended for his diocese by the Right Rev. Benedict, Bishop of Boston, April 24th, 1833, pages 57-58.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61

1 hour ago, inchrist said:

613 commandments are scriptures they are not a waste of time

It is interesting that since I quit eating any of God's suggested 'vacuum cleaner animals'; like pig (which also has connotations of Yule etc) and other species, I find my health has much improved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

It is interesting that since I quit eating any of God's suggested 'vacuum cleaner animals'; like pig (which also has connotations of Yule etc) and other species, I find my health has much improved.

Pork contains toxins anyway.    Do as your conscious leads,   only never condmen one who does eat meat.   

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Pork contains toxins anyway.    Do as your conscious leads,   only never condmen one who does eat meat.   

Yes brother. I would never condemn another for that; or for anything for that matter. There are way too many folk out there condemning people. It is a world full of condemnation, recrimination and false perfection. I find that love is the scarcest of commodities.

• Thumbs Up 1

Justin that is good .    also remember true love both warns and encourages , rejoices only in truth and not in inquity nor behave itself unseemingly.

a lot of people today, NOT SAYING YOU,  are under the wrong verision of love.  its what the world THINKS and SEES love as .  but this love is not holy

it is not compatible with the LOVE of GOD that would correct , that would warn to repent , that loves truth , that rejoices in truth.

this love of today that that many in churches are even under it is a love that is sensual and knows NOT GOD .

It allows people to either feel safe in sin, or it even calls evil good and good evil, it honors man, NOT GOD , it honors inquity it does not honor nor rejoice in truth.

WE must all be on guard against the false sensual love being taught in the churches , media  , politics, ITS EVERYWHERE and its leading to the man of sin, NOT CHRIST

the man of sin  .    Its a heavey focus on good works , its a focus on hugs and all inclusive, YET REJECTS TRUTH ALONE.

this The love of GOD does NOT DO.   It lies to the people , it seduces them into the idea of UNITY of the WORLD, BUT it should be UNITY IN THE ONE TRUE FAITH ALONE , not world

it seduces them into PEACE of the world , but refuses THE PEACE OF GOD which is the gospel for that OFFENDS that causes not unity with the world

Its love is false , its peace is false , its unity is false , but it is made to sound like love peace unity and good feelings with all and friendship with the world

which is enmity with GOD.   It teaches our common ground , our community unity we can find is in things OF THE WORLD ,

Yet this goes against WHAT CHRIST taught and the apostels.   our common ground our unity , our peace ,   IS TO BE IN CHRIST ALONE .

but this offends now.  And most cannot see where this is leading nor whom its leading the world to as ONE MIND ONE HEART .

A hint , it aint JESUS, if it were then the GOSPLE would be FOREFRONT of everything.  IN time and on this road, the gospel will be made illegal.

anything which offends the common unity of the world for the idea of world peace will be ILLEGAL IN TIME.

and lets face it ...........SAYING JESUS ONLY SAVES and that HE is not the minisitir of sin.............IT excludes all who reject HIM as LORD .

on this path TRUE EVANGELISM will be shut down , warning out against the worship of other gods , WILL BE SHUT DOWN

warning men to repent of SIN , will be SHUT DOWN.  the worlds greatest tribulation against the lambs IS KNOCKINGON THE DOOR

only so few can see it, and instead see the very things which will allow this to happen AS GOOD as LOVE as UNITY as WORLD PEACE.

THEY CANT SEE,  we have to HELP THEM , help me warn the people , times running out and many are and will go under the world peace dream lie the all inclusive lie

and then when once the world is gathered , with all false religions and mindsets as one , then comes OUR BETRYAL and they will only see

having us killed as GODS WILL FOR WORLD PEACE LOVE AND UNITY.   ITS COMING , help me warn the people to flee its concepts

and to be prepared to lose all for Christ .   

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

having us killed as GODS WILL FOR WORLD PEACE LOVE AND UNITY.   ITS COMING , help me warn the people to flee its concepts

.. for we die all the day long, as sheep led to the slaughter..
.. greater love has no man, than he who lays down his life..
..social gospel is spreading this false-love disease..

..Oh wretched man that I am. Who can deliver me from this body of sin...

It will be that men think they do God a service by killing us.

• Praise God! 1

Just now, Justin Adams said:

.. for we die all the day long, as sheep led to the slaughter..
.. greater love has no man, than he who lays down his life..
..social gospel is spreading this false-love disease..

..Oh wretched man that I am. Who can deliver me from this body of sin...

It will be that men think they do God a service by killing us.

ONLY in CHRIST  we will REJOICE when peresuted , sing in prison just like they did, have real joy because we have the real LIFE IN CHRIST.

and our joy they cannot take ,our hope they cannot break, no nothing coming against us can steal our joy for our JOY is in THE SALVATION OF GOD.

we will be beaten, but rejoice afterwards for being counted worthy to suffer shame, many will be in prison , YET FREE IN SPIRIT THEY WILL SING

for no bars can take our JOY.  and many will be killed for his name sake..........OH, but to die is only to be present with the LORD.

WE WIN no matter what comes against us .......FOR CHRIST DEFEATED HE who has the power of death, and thus all who are CHRISTS have HOPE.

We will sing and we will abound all things coming against us ........ONLY CONTINUE IN HIM and HE shall not let our foot be moved,

as a STONE against a ferocious storm, the winds will rage and the waters will enclose........but long after the storm is DONE the STONE NEVER BUDGED it REMAINED

and so will those who are OF CHRIST , one day will inherit the very earth the wicked sought to eradicate us from.  IT WILL NOT be theirs,  NO on HIS DAY it will be given

to the saints .    HOPE Justin................real HOPE and real JOY and I have NO FEAR of what is coming.  NOT because I trust In me, nor riches

nor anything of this world.    I can lose all that , and my HOPE nor joy WILL WANE one ounce.   I have HOPE and JOY and NO FEAR of man

BECAUSE IMMANUEL .   forever amen and amen forever to the LORD be all glory.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

That not what I meant to say, I was thinking if you wanted to discuss something you are brought up. 

This is a good time, things cool down. 

It is about these core principals, let's start with repentance. 

Did you mean the repentance of choosing not to believe in Jesus , and later have change ones mind and believe? 

Repentance of one's sins. Of my failings, of those things that I do that separate me from God's love. This must be done to Recieve Jesus into my heart.

10 hours ago, inchrist said:

It is only a small group on this forum, dont let the few spoil your experience of the website, and discourage you in your walk with Christ.

He was blocked for what he said

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

There is no such thing as a follower of Jesus who doesn't know he is a follower of Jesus.   Sorry, but your argument is just nonsense.

How can someone enter heaven, and not Know Jesus