Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

I think in New testament era the gospel was preach in the open market place. Paul went town to town preaching the good news. But not where another was preaching christ.                 In this country I never see anyone preaching the gospel. Yes on Christian tv it is preach. But I don't think many non Christians watch Christian tv.                                                  This gospel will be preach in all of the world and then the end will come.                                How is that working out is what I want to know.        

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

That all depends on what you mean?  Are you talking about someone standing on a "soapbox" on the corner of the street preaching to people walking by?  I don't see that as much anymore.  I do, however, see much more one on one discussion, more personal.  I prefer the latter as I can speak to the heart of another instead of throwing out Hell and Brimstone theology that everyone has tuned out on.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

That all depends on what you mean?  Are you talking about someone standing on a "soapbox" on the corner of the street preaching to people walking by?  I don't see that as much anymore.  I do, however, see much more one on one discussion, more personal.  I prefer the latter as I can speak to the heart of another instead of throwing out Hell and Brimstone theology that everyone has tuned out on.

Well One Light I mean Paul went to different towns preaching the good news of Jesus. I don't think he just talk to people one on one . He had to preach to a group of people in different settings. The other Apostles did the same. They did open the gospel to people on a one to one as someone may be ask questions. But the gospel should be preach by those called with that gift. Not everyone can preach the gospel clearly. I also don't like hell being preach. Most people laugh at it. We should preach christ on the cross. 

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

Well One Light I mean Paul went to different towns preaching the good news of Jesus. I don't think he just talk to people one on one . He had to preach to a group of people in different settings. The other Apostles did the same. They did open the gospel to people on a one to one as someone may be ask questions. But the gospel should be preach by those called with that gift. Not everyone can preach the gospel clearly. I also don't like hell being preach. Most people laugh at it. We should preach christ on the cross. 

I agree that the focus should be on Christ and salvation, but what is someone being saved from?

One thing I have noticed lately is the desire to return to the days of Acts.  What people do not realize is that the culture is different and people don't gather around others teaching in public as they just don't have the time, everyone is in such a rush to get here or there.  I would love to see the body present the Way or Good News like they did in Acts.  It would be a blessing.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I think in New testament era the gospel was preach in the open market place. Paul went town to town preaching the good news. But not where another was preaching christ.                 In this country I never see anyone preaching the gospel. Yes on Christian tv it is preach. But I don't think many non Christians watch Christian tv.                                                  This gospel will be preach in all of the world and then the end will come.                                How is that working out is what I want to know.        

In many ways many have heard that name and sadly many have rejected it .    we use all things for the glory of GOD

you go into streets , you go on web sites , you go to markets , you just go.   let the LIGHT shine for all to see and march onward in the LORD.

Most don't know the whole meaning of what being saved means.     Being made free means.   but if one knows Christ they will know.

ITS being made free from the power of darkness of sin.    And the spirit will guide us in light only.  heed not the flesh for it is wicked

heed only the Spirit .   For the grace of GOD that brings salvation has appeared , teaching us to DENY ungdoliness and worldy lusts to be living RIGHTEOUSLY soberly and godly .

ARISE and Christ shall give thee light , Awake to righteousness and sin not .  The early church leaders that wrote those letters...THEY KNEW THE REAL and ONLY JESUS .

Now let us feed from their letters and the gosples the holy words of Christ , which is the doctrine according to godliness.    FOWARD MARCH WAYNE and let the LIGHT shine

wherever you go .  amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Paul usually went first to the local synagogues (even though he was an Apostle to the Gentiles) and many in Acts preached one on one as well...

so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ. And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
(Php 1:13-14)

Yes, they went house to house, breaking bread and teaching.  They also spoke publicly.  Read Acts again and compare how many personal conversation were done compared to public teaching.  You will see that most of their public teaching caused them much difficulty and imprisonment.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

[for me anyway]...

"And the went out and preached that men should repent" (Mark 6:12)

"..and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His Name among all nations..(Luke 24:47)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, lastofall said:

[for me anyway]...

"And the went out and preached that men should repent" (Mark 6:12)

"..and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His Name among all nations..(Luke 24:47)

Yes good point !

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 hours ago, OneLight said:

Yes, they went house to house, breaking bread and teaching.  They also spoke publicly.  Read Acts again and compare how many personal conversation were done compared to public teaching.  You will see that most of their public teaching caused them much difficulty and imprisonment.

Due to the all inclusive movment ,   soon it will be illegal to say JESUS is the only way , for that offends.

we will undergo what many of our brethren have .  REAL persecution for JESUS sake .   REJOICE , REJOICE when ye are persecuted .  and fear not man nor a thing

they can do .  not a thing.  To the LORD be the glory , to the Lord be the praise.   Fear only He who has power to cast both body and soul into hell fire.

ARISE peoples and praise the LORD and remember , Harm no one, repay no evil for evil, simply forgive your enemies , BUT NEVER CONFORM to their ways amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,734
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/20/2017 at 7:06 PM, Wayne222 said:

Paul spoke for three months running at one Synagogue he spoke at the hall of Tyrannus. He established churches brought them under local leadership and encouraged the saints. I don't see him as much a street preacher as church planter and encourager to Jew and Gentile alike. He obviously shared of Jesus in all circumstance from prison cell to shipboard.

Do we have evangelists today? Sure we do, many of them do we have determined pastors and teachers Yes!

Do we have lay persons going into all the world testifying and helping local churches in communities in strange lands and odd places? Sure!

The little church where God has led me has members out and all around; from France, the Netherlands, to Benin, to China, to Papua New Guinea, Honduras and even Italy, all testifying of our Lord, and planting local churches of our Lord Jesus under local leadership at those places.

It is not a unique  local body of Christ Jesus, every church of our Lord that  I have been led to has done the same; differing places but the same. It is encouraging that places so darkened to the word may flourish by the will of God the Holy Spirit and that many  heed that will.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thanks 1