• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

4 hours ago, Butero said:

One additional thing.  You claimed in once instance that Trump never apologized for anything, a charge you cannot prove....

Trump's own words proved it for me.

"... Why do I have to repent or ask for forgiveness, if I am not making mistakes? I work hard, I'm an honorable person."

No mistakes, no apologies, no matter how sorry Trump is.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Once again, the process for calculating unemployment has not changed since Trump took office. 

I am talking about how they calculate unemployment going back to when Obama was in office. 

Unemployment rates under Obama peaked in October of 2009 and with the exception of a couple blips due to seasonal reasons dropped every month after that.   That means that for 10 of the 96 months of Obama's term unemployment rates were trending upwards and for the other 86 they were trending down.   By comparison unemployment rates trended down only 40 of Bush IIs 96 months.

Unemployment under Obama reached 8%, but if you add in those who simply stopped looking the overall unemployment was near double that.

The process for counting jobs created has not changed under Trump, it is the same as it was under Obama.  They count everything including jobs with temporary hiring agencies like Penmac.    Part time jobs and minimum wage jobs are also being counted now.  NOTHING has changed. 

The difference is that under Trump the jobs being created are actually good jobs and he is bringing manufacturing back, whereas under Obama, that was not the case.  Under Obama the jobs being created were crappy jobs and fewer really good jobs were being created and few business owners and entrepreneurs had any incentive to start new  businesses.   Trump's policies are creating an environment where really good jobs, living wage jobs are being created.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am talking about how they calculate unemployment going back to when Obama was in office. 

Yes, and it is calculated exactly the same way now.  Nothing has changed.

Unemployment under Obama reached 8%, but if you add in those who simply stopped looking the overall unemployment was near double that.

Actually, it reached 10% under Obama.  Under Obama when the official rate hit 10% the U6 (which is what you are talking about) was 17.6%, not double but very high.  

Right now the official rate is is 4.2% and the numbers you are talking about raise it up to 8.3%.  Again not double but close to it than Obama came.

The difference is that under Trump the jobs being created are actually good jobs and he is bringing manufacturing back, whereas under Obama, that was not the case.  Under Obama the jobs being created were crappy jobs and fewer really good jobs were being created and few business owners and entrepreneurs had any incentive to start new  businesses.   Trump's policies are creating an environment where really good jobs, living wage jobs are being created.

I have seen this said before and it is just partisan banter, I have never seen a single bit of evidence to show today's jobs are any different.  If you have some such data please present it, otherwise they are just empty words.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,783
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

4 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I have seen this said before and it is just partisan banter, I have never seen a single bit of evidence to show today's jobs are any different.  If you have some such data please present it, otherwise they are just empty words.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday that average hourly wages have grown by 2.9% over the past 12 months. That is the highest level of annual wage growth in more than eight years, and it means some people are getting more in their paychecks.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/06/investing/jobs-report-wage-growth-inflation/index.html

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, George said:

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday that average hourly wages have grown by 2.9% over the past 12 months. That is the highest level of annual wage growth in more than eight years, and it means some people are getting more in their paychecks.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/06/investing/jobs-report-wage-growth-inflation/index.html

Thanks.  Not really what I was looking for.  This shows that people that have jobs are getting paid more (tough as a statistician I cringe when I see the word "average").  It does not really speak to the jobs that are being created.  

• Steward

I removed a bunch of posts ... getting ready to shut down the thread since it's turn into another Trump bashing affair.  He's not perfect and yet he's the president -- that God allowed to be placed in office.  Just as He allowed Obama to be placed in office ... just like he's allowed the mullahs in Iran to be in power ... all of these EVENTS are working toward the redemptation of this fallen world back to himself ... reading this stuff reminds me of ....

Rom 8:18  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 
Rom 8:19  For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. 
Rom 8:20  For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope 
Rom 8:21  that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 
Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. 
Rom 8:23  And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

23 minutes ago, George said:

I removed a bunch of posts ... getting ready to shut down the thread since it's turn into another Trump bashing affair

So is bashing Trump against the TOS on Worthy? If it is that is something I need to know before I go on here. There seem to be no issue on here with  Bush bashing when he spoke out against Trump. 

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

So is bashing Trump against the TOS on Worthy? If it is that is something I need to know before I go on here. There seem to be no issue on here with  Bush bashing when he spoke out against Trump. 

The problem is that Trump bashing is based on lies, and misinformation, not policy.   We criticized Bush for speaking out against Trump but we didn't have to make up lies to do it.

• Steward

9 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

In the terms of service ...

Disrespectful or threatening comments toward governmental institutions and/or world leaders will not be tolerated. (1 Pet. 2:13-17)

It's not just Trump -- its all gov't officials.

• Steward