• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

God's law is separate from the law of Moses...God's law was proclaimed in Exodus 20, written by God, Himself.

In all the history of all the world,

how many times did the Creator Himself directly write anything, anywhere ?  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

SDA                 SDA                SDA                  SDA                   SDA                  SDA                  SDA                 SDA                      SDA

That was  just to get your attention to a little know fact in the body of Christ about the Sabbath. Have you ever heard of God's Lunar-Solar Sabbath Calendar? If you've never heard of this, here is what you need to know:

The pagan Roman Julian/Gregorian calendar that we now use was only created in 45 BC, before this time it did not exist. Therefore, the current 7 day rolling week we currently use only began at that time. Before this date the Romans (Just in the Provence of Rome) were using a calendar with an 8 day week. Yes that's right the current 7 day week only goes back to 45BC. You can view pictures of the Roman stone tablets that show this Roman 8 day week calendar they used:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

The Greek Mathematician Sosigenes who Julius Caesar employed to create the new calendar simply removed one of these 8 days (Market day), so the chances of the current 7 day week matching the Jewish week is only a 1 in 7 chance.

However, the calendar Jesus and the Israelites had been using in Israel for over 1500 years prior to this time was completely different to the Julian calendar/Gregorian calendar. Their months actually began with the sighting of the new crescent moon on which day they rested and had a new moon feast, then there were 6 days of work followed by the first Sabbath. Lunar months are 29.53 days long and therefore Sabbaths fall on day’s 8, 15, 22 and 29 each lunar month. Then the process begins over again with the sighting of the next new moon which is either one or two days later after day 29. 

However, God’s Calendar is not the same calendar the Jews of today use. The Jews currently use a revised version of God’s Calendar which uses the Gregorian rolling week system instead of God’s lunar weeks, this was due partly to the Roman Emperor Hadrian, after he had put down the Jewish Simon Bar-Kokhba revolt in 135 AD and made an anti-religious decree forbidding Sabbath new moon observances from Jerusalem and also later by the Roman Emperor Constantine who began to force the Jews in 325 AD to worship on the pagan day called Saturday (named after the Roman god of agriculture; Saturnus).

The Jewish calendar used today was created in 359 AD by Sanhedrin Rabbi Hillel II, in response to what these Roman Emperors had done. Because the Jews could no longer sight the new moon from Jerusalem Hillel calendar employs a repeating 19 year lunar mathematical calculation that approximates the timing of each new moon sighting from Jerusalem. This allowed all the Jews to celebrate their feasts on the same day no matter where they had been scattered all over the world. However as the Jews were not allowed to keep the Sabbath on days 8, 15, 22 and 29 each lunar month and had been forced to worship on Saturdays, eventually this knowledge was all but forgotten until recently when it has been rediscovered.  

I hope this helps you to understand that the Sabbath is not on Saturdays or Sundays (Which are all pagan names that were invented long after God's Calendar of the Bible) but instead can fall on any day of the pagan Julian/Gregorian week. The calendar the Jews used was written about by Moses in the Bible and can be found in scripture scattered throughout the Bible, it is God’s Calendar and you can read more about how it is explained in scripture here: 

Robert Nicholas - The Christian's guide to the Bible:
https://guidetothebible.wordpress.com/start-reading-the-book/

John D Keyser – founder of Hope of Israel ministries:
http://www.hope-of-israel.org/sabtosat.htm

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

SDA                 SDA                SDA                  SDA                   SDA                  SDA                  SDA                 SDA                      SDA

That was  just to get your attention to a little know fact in the body of Christ about the Sabbath. Have you ever heard of God's Lunar-Solar Sabbath Calendar? If you've never heard of this, here is what you need to know:

The pagan Roman Julian/Gregorian calendar that we now use was only created in 45 BC, before this time it did not exist. Therefore, the current 7 day rolling week we currently use only began at that time. Before this date the Romans (Just in the Provence of Rome) were using a calendar with an 8 day week. Yes that's right the current 7 day week only goes back to 45BC. You can view pictures of the Roman stone tablets that show this Roman 8 day week calendar they used:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

The Greek Mathematician Sosigenes who Julius Caesar employed to create the new calendar simply removed one of these 8 days (Market day), so the chances of the current 7 day week matching the Jewish week is only a 1 in 7 chance.

However, the calendar Jesus and the Israelites had been using in Israel for over 1500 years prior to this time was completely different to the Julian calendar/Gregorian calendar. Their months actually began with the sighting of the new crescent moon on which day they rested and had a new moon feast, then there were 6 days of work followed by the first Sabbath. Lunar months are 29.53 days long and therefore Sabbaths fall on day’s 8, 15, 22 and 29 each lunar month. Then the process begins over again with the sighting of the next new moon which is either one or two days later after day 29. 

However, God’s Calendar is not the same calendar the Jews of today use. The Jews currently use a revised version of God’s Calendar which uses the Gregorian rolling week system instead of God’s lunar weeks, this was due partly to the Roman Emperor Hadrian, after he had put down the Jewish Simon Bar-Kokhba revolt in 135 AD and made an anti-religious decree forbidding Sabbath new moon observances from Jerusalem and also later by the Roman Emperor Constantine who began to force the Jews in 325 AD to worship on the pagan day called Saturday (named after the Roman god of agriculture; Saturnus).

The Jewish calendar used today was created in 359 AD by Sanhedrin Rabbi Hillel II, in response to what these Roman Emperors had done. Because the Jews could no longer sight the new moon from Jerusalem Hillel calendar employs a repeating 19 year lunar mathematical calculation that approximates the timing of each new moon sighting from Jerusalem. This allowed all the Jews to celebrate their feasts on the same day no matter where they had been scattered all over the world. However as the Jews were not allowed to keep the Sabbath on days 8, 15, 22 and 29 each lunar month and had been forced to worship on Saturdays, eventually this knowledge was all but forgotten until recently when it has been rediscovered.  

I hope this helps you to understand that the Sabbath is not on Saturdays or Sundays (Which are all pagan names that were invented long after God's Calendar of the Bible) but instead can fall on any day of the pagan Julian/Gregorian week. The calendar the Jews used was written about by Moses in the Bible and can be found in scripture scattered throughout the Bible, it is God’s Calendar and you can read more about how it is explained in scripture here: 

Robert Nicholas - The Christian's guide to the Bible:
https://guidetothebible.wordpress.com/start-reading-the-book/

John D Keyser – founder of Hope of Israel ministries:
http://www.hope-of-israel.org/sabtosat.htm

Yeah we (most of us) know all of that.   But that is not the issue.   The issue is about whether or not God requires Christians to keep the Sabbath day as commanded in the OT (where it is the only place it is commanded).

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yeah we (most of us) know all of that.   But that is not the issue.   The issue is about whether or not God requires Christians to keep the Sabbath day as commanded in the OT (where it is the only place it is commanded).

I'm surprised, not many have even heard of it. You may be interested to know that Month 8 (Bul in Hebrew or Heshwan in Babylonian) begins at sunset this evening. Happy new moon day! 

As for the Law and whether to keep it I think it's obvious that we should still try. After all My Lord who I follow kept the law and I follow him but when ever I break the law I know that his grace is sufficient. I use a lot of that grace. :)  

• Haha 1

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

I'm surprised, not many have even heard of it. You may be interested to know that Month 8 (Bul in Hebrew or Heshwan in Babylonian) begins at sunset this evening. Happy new moon day! 

As for the Law and whether to keep it I think it's obvious that we should still try. After all My Lord who I follow kept the law and I follow him but when ever I break the law I know that his grace is sufficient. I use a lot of that grace. :)  

Do you also think that the Sabbath is required for Christians?

14 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Do you also think that the Sabbath is required for Christians?

It's a 'belt and braces theology'. Grace saves us but the law guides us. Although we are saved by our belief in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and God’s Grace which supersedes the law, we should still use the ten commandments as our guide as to how to live. We are not dependent on them but it will prosper us if we adhere to them. Equally, if we break these laws then we will face the consequences. For example, murder could well result in a person going to prison. Jesus also gives us a simple instruction as to how to keep all of the laws; The Great Command:

Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus here was still quoting from the law however, as these are two of the 613 Old Testament laws found throughout the first five books of the Old Testament, that are known as the Torah:

Deuteronomy 6:5

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength.

And:

Leviticus 19:18

Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbour as yourself. I am the LORD.

Therefore, we should be trying really hard to be as excellent as possible to God, as well as one another, but if we fail, and we all do, then it’s okay, because it’s by our belief in Jesus as our Saviour that makes everything right with God. Therefore the Sabbath, and God’s Calendar is still relevant to us today, and if we really knew why this was then we would see why it was the enemy, Satan, who has brought this whole calendar confusion about. Ending up with the pagan Roman Catholic Julian/Gregorian calendar on which is celebrated Jesus’ death at Easter; a pagan religious festival named after Queen Ishtar who was Nimrod’s Queen and own mother! Nimrod and Ishtar began the false Babylonian mystery religion which included infant baby sacrificing. This Roman calendar also celibates Jesus’ birth on the pagan day that celebrated sun worship, named Sol Invictus which means ‘unconquered sun’ and was also supposed to be the day Ishtar’s son Tammuz was born. Whether we acknowledge God’s Calendar or not, God is still using it, and sets His prophetic plans by it, if we ignore it then we will not be ready for when He has planned His prophetic acts to happen. However, just to be clear:

1. Be as excellent as possible to God and others every day.

2. Be aware of God’s Calendar and when His Sabbaths and Feasts really are. (Although they currently still hold to a Friday-Saturday Sabbath;TorahCalendar.Com is a useful website to help with this.

3. Take one day off in every seven, any day you like, just to rest, and do no work. You will feel better and be more productive.

4. If you wish to honour God on the correct Sabbath, without having to take the day off work, why not try fasting. It doesn’t have to be a total fast of all food. You could just decide to skip a meal, or eat only fruit, or even to just not watch non-Christian TV, for example.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

It's a 'belt and braces theology'. Grace saves us but the law guides us. Although we are saved by our belief in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and God’s Grace which supersedes the law, we should still use the ten commandments as our guide as to how to live. We are not dependent on them but it will prosper us if we adhere to them. Equally, if we break these laws then we will face the consequences. For example, murder could well result in a person going to prison. Jesus also gives us a simple instruction as to how to keep all of the laws; The Great Command:

Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus here was still quoting from the law however, as these are two of the 613 Old Testament laws found throughout the first five books of the Old Testament, that are known as the Torah:

Deuteronomy 6:5

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength.

And:

Leviticus 19:18

Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbour as yourself. I am the LORD.

Therefore, we should be trying really hard to be as excellent as possible to God, as well as one another, but if we fail, and we all do, then it’s okay, because it’s by our belief in Jesus as our Saviour that makes everything right with God. Therefore the Sabbath, and God’s Calendar is still relevant to us today, and if we really knew why this was then we would see why it was the enemy, Satan, who has brought this whole calendar confusion about. Ending up with the pagan Roman Catholic Julian/Gregorian calendar on which is celebrated Jesus’ death at Easter; a pagan religious festival named after Queen Ishtar who was Nimrod’s Queen and own mother! (Nimrod and Ishtar began the false Babylonian mystery religion which included infant baby sacrificing. More is explained about Nimrod in chapter 13). This Roman calendar also celibates Jesus’ birth on the pagan day that celebrated sun worship, named Sol Invictus which means ‘unconquered sun’ and was also supposed to be the day Ishtar’s son Tammuz was born. Whether we acknowledge God’s Calendar or not, God is still using it, and sets His prophetic plans by it, if we ignore it then we will not be ready for when He has planned His prophetic acts to happen. However, just to be clear:

1. Be as excellent as possible to God and others every day.

2. Be aware of God’s Calendar and when His Sabbaths and Feasts really are. (Although they currently still hold to a Friday-Saturday Sabbath;TorahCalendar.Com is a useful website to help with this, or see:guidetothebible.wordpress.com)

3. Take one day off in every seven, any day you like, just to rest, and do no work. You will feel better and be more productive.

4. If you wish to honour God on the correct Sabbath, without having to take the day off work, why not try fasting. It doesn’t have to be a total fast of all food. You could just decide to skip a meal, or eat only fruit, or even to just not watch non-Christian TV, for example.

That doesn't answer my question. I will ask it again.   Do you believe that the Sabbath day observance is required for Christians?

Just now, shiloh357 said:

That doesn't answer my question. I will ask it again.   Do you believe that the Sabbath day observance is required for Christians?

Most think the 10 commandment are all equal in importance but God actually started with the most import one first, therefore murder which 6th is less important than keeping the Sabbath which is 4th. Thank God Jesus died for us hey. 

• Oy Vey! 1

Guest shiloh357
Just now, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Most think the 10 commandment are all equal in importance but God actually started with the most import one first, therefore murder which 6th is less important than keeping the Sabbath which is 4th. Thank God Jesus died for us hey. 

So do you think the Sabbath is required for Christians?   It's a "yes" or "no" question.   Why won't you give me a direct answer??

Just now, shiloh357 said:

So do you think the Sabbath is required for Christians?   It's a "yes" or "no" question.   Why won't you give me a direct answer??

Because It would be like me saying that it is not a requirement not to murder people, which would seem abhorrent but is actual true. 

• Thumbs Up 1