• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, Ogner said:

In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.
John 8:5‭-‬6 NIV

They wanted to kill Jesus.  That's really their goal. When they have found no reason to kill him everybody's gone home. 

But then they killed Jesus. And they carried Stephen forth out of the city and stoned him with stones and he died. 

Sinners shows no mercy before the righteous.

It was a blatant trap

1) They didnt bring the man as was required by the law of Moses.

2) If Jesus had said dont stone her, theyd have discredited him by saying he contradicted Moses butv had he said stone her, theyd have reported him to the Romans as Rome didnt allow the Jews to execute people witihout its permission (thats why Jesus was taken to Pilate)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

21 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

It was a blatant trap

1) They didnt bring the man as was required by the law of Moses.

2) If Jesus had said dont stone her, theyd have discredited him by saying he contradicted Moses butv had he said stone her, theyd have reported him to the Romans as Rome didnt allow the Jews to execute people witihout its permission (thats why Jesus was taken to Pilate)

This is true. They do not care about Law of Moses. He used the law to trap Jesus, so that they could bring charges against him and kill him. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 4:02 PM, creativemechanic said:

isn't it funny how people loved quite part of a verse of story that suits them but of her ignore the rest

FB_IMG_1509393453771.jpg

I think the original post is a prime example of the very thing it is attempting to address.

The full passage has many teachings and to point out only part really opens it up to misinterpretation. 

Some see it as Jesus being stern. Others see it as him showing compassion. 

Part of what is not shown, is how he states

NKJV John 8: 14-16 " My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me."

We tend to complicate what is already plainly stated in scripture.

Some believe to approach with "hugs and kisses" others believe in harshness to get a point across, or the word across. These are "Man's" take on how we should be.

The complete chapter of John 8 shows us how Jesus walked and how we should be in our walk to be Christ like.

Jesus was compassionate to all. He was stern to those He knew needed it. He could discern between the two.

We, need to tread lightly because we are full human and lack the knowledge he possessed/s in his judgement, if he judged/s.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 03.11.2017 at 1:19 AM, notsolostsoul said:

I think the original post is a prime example of the very thing it is attempting to address.

The full passage has many teachings and to point out only part really opens it up to misinterpretation. 

Some see it as Jesus being stern. Others see it as him showing compassion. 

Part of what is not shown, is how he states

NKJV John 8: 14-16 " My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. 16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me."

We tend to complicate what is already plainly stated in scripture.

Some believe to approach with "hugs and kisses" others believe in harshness to get a point across, or the word across. These are "Man's" take on how we should be.

The complete chapter of John 8 shows us how Jesus walked and how we should be in our walk to be Christ like.

Jesus was compassionate to all. He was stern to those He knew needed it. He could discern between the two.

We, need to tread lightly because we are full human and lack the knowledge he possessed/s in his judgement, if he judged/s.

Doesn't matter what a righteous man say to sinners because they will always wish him harm.

And all want to protect sinners. But who would do something to protect the righteous men?

10 hours ago, Ogner said:

Doesn't matter what a righteous man say to sinners because they will always wish him harm.

And all want to protect sinners. But who would do something to protect the righteous men?

But who would do something to protect the righteous men?

It is written in countless scripture.

Psalm 37, Proverbs 2:8

My bet is on God.

5 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

But who would do something to protect the righteous men?

It is written in countless scripture.

Psalm 37, Proverbs 2:8

My bet is on God.

Is there no one else to help the righteous men?

1 hour ago, Ogner said:

Is there no one else to help the righteous men?

Why count on any other than God? Why try and do what is his? He saves not Man/men.

He is perfect, He is infallible, His judgement is just. Only He can perfectly deal with any situation in this world.

I get that Christians want to look out for fellow Man and they should. Yet sometimes Man goes about it incorrectly, even when they have the best of intentions.

Ex: Job's friends and the Pharisees.

Discernment is not as easy as most believe. Pride and self righteousness can lead to hindering those we try and help as well as ourselves.

11 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Why count on any other than God? Why try and do what is his? He saves not Man/men.

He is perfect, He is infallible, His judgement is just. Only He can perfectly deal with any situation in this world.

I get that Christians want to look out for fellow Man and they should. Yet sometimes Man goes about it incorrectly, even when they have the best of intentions.

Ex: Job's friends and the Pharisees.

Discernment is not as easy as most believe. Pride and self righteousness can lead to hindering those we try and help as well as ourselves.

So, you're saying that you should protect sinners, but the righteous men can only count on God? Why don't you want to help them? And why you want to protect sinners? 

Is that what God taught people?

1 hour ago, Ogner said:

So, you're saying that you should protect sinners, but the righteous men can only count on God? Why don't you want to help them? And why you want to protect sinners? 

Is that what God taught people?

No, none of this is what I said or implied.

I did not say protect sinners. 

You asked about who would protect the righteous. I replied My bet, God. Gave some good reasons why he is the best protector and no other would be a better choice nor needed.

I stated that Christians should help their fellow man, and even threw in some help of my own cautioning that we should be careful not to sin while trying to correct or help others.

Once again protect sinners  was not part of my words.

As for God's teachings. The OP referenced John 8. In that chapter some have learned how Jesus shows compassion to sinners.

Jesus also explains how his judgement is just and Man's is flawed. 

So with that, how can man judge who is sinner or righteous?

Also Jesus saves who he sees fit.

and....

All Man/men sin.

There is a difference between what God teaches people and what people interpret and choose to learn.

20 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

No, none of this is what I said or implied.

I did not say protect sinners. 

You asked about who would protect the righteous. I replied My bet, God. Gave some good reasons why he is the best protector and no other would be a better choice nor needed.

I stated that Christians should help their fellow man, and even threw in some help of my own cautioning that we should be careful not to sin while trying to correct or help others.

Once again protect sinners  was not part of my words.

As for God's teachings. The OP referenced John 8. In that chapter some have learned how Jesus shows compassion to sinners.

Jesus also explains how his judgement is just and Man's is flawed. 

So with that, how can man judge who is sinner or righteous?

Also Jesus saves who he sees fit.

and....

All Man/men sin.

There is a difference between what God teaches people and what people interpret and choose to learn.

You're saying that Jesus said we can not judge who is sinner or righteous? Or what? Didn't God said to us that we should help the righteous men?

In Matthew 10:41 Jesus say: Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward.

Jesus believes we can, and we should do it.