• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Read through everything please:

How can intellectuals have faith like children?

What's the practical process? How do we bypass having faith intellectually, and believe genuinely? 

Please give a practical example. Not "read the bible" or "pray". I think the people who believe that works, are conditioning themselves with a mantra. -Read and pray long enough, and eventually you'll believe. 

I've been reading the Bible and praying non stop, with an open heart, genuinely. But I feel I only believe with my mind. Not to the extent of a child. I trust in Jesus with all the heart that is in my mind. I know if he spoke to me with commands, I would do them with no question.

Is this how it should be for adults? "thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes"

I know if I had even the slightest sign that I'm saved. My faith would be forever secured in an immovable rock foundation. How do we know we're saved? The only evidence is a changed heart and works thereof/conviction. But if we intellectually believe the commandments, it's our natural inclination to do good works, and resent sin.

I'm genuinely trying(desperately) to find answers. I pray and am immersed in scriptures without ceasing. My heart has been opened like never before. But I hit a wall. We know God is all powerful. Why doesn't he use this power and communicate directly. Through sound or some recognizable way. A way that wouldn't make someone question if it really was God. Why can't he talk to us now, how he talked to those in the Bible? 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

Only by grace,  and by being crucified (ALL the things of the flesh must be crucified), and walking in newness of life - A NEW CREATION in CHRIST JESUS.....

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Oy Vey! 1

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Did Jesus take your sins at Calvary?

IOW did you come to the Crucified Jesus with your sins asking for His forgiveness?

Yes, intellectually - in my mind. But genuinely. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

What's the practical process? How do we bypass having faith intellectually, and believe genuinely? 

Please give a practical example. Not "read the bible" or "pray". I think the people who believe that works, are conditioning themselves with a mantra. -Read and pray long enough, and eventually you'll believe. 

I've been reading the Bible and praying non stop, with an open heart, genuinely. But I feel I only believe with my mind. Not to the extent of a child. I trust in Jesus with all the heart that is in my mind. I know if he spoke to me with commands, I would do them with no question.

Is this how it should be for adults? "thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes"

I know if I had even the slightest sign that I'm saved. My faith would be forever secured in an immovable rock foundation. How do we know we're saved? The only evidence is a changed heart and works thereof/conviction. But if we intellectually believe the commandments, it's our natural inclination to do good works, and resent sin.

I'm genuinely trying(desperately) to find answers. I pray and am immersed in scriptures without ceasing. My heart has been opened like never before. But I hit a wall. We know God is all powerful. Why doesn't he use this power and communicate directly. Through sound or some recognizable way. A way that wouldn't make someone question if it really was God. Why can't he talk to us now, how he talked to those in the Bible? 

I was once an intellectual.   the carnal mind cannot receive God.   Let he who is wise in this world become a fool that he may be wise.

YOU know how that happened to me.   First God drew me by Grace to Christ, asap put me in the bible and its the ONLY thing I fed from.

Way too many men in the pulpits teach from intellectual physcology minds of men.    You start over .   One more thing ,

are you in a sin .   IF so cease it .   SIN wars AGAINST the soul and man its messes with the mind.    

• This is Worthy 2

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

'Genuinely' would entail honestly confessing one's sins and asking Jesus for forgiveness of all of one's sins.

Yea....

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

You hit a wall, I just noticed you said that .    KEEP SEEKING MORE THAN EVER , THIS WILL PASS fast.   the enemy is messing with your mind and having you OVERTHINK

what is so simple.   You believe, no man could die for Christ without childlike faith.    You are okay.   THIS will pass,   DO not seek a sign

the enemy is trying to slip you up into thinking you have to SEE a sign or etc.    DONT HEED HIM.   YOUR OKAY.   JUST KEEP PRESSING IN>

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

You hit a wall, I just noticed you said that .    KEEP SEEKING MORE THAN EVER , THIS WILL PASS fast.   the enemy is messing with your mind and having you OVERTHINK

what is so simple.   You believe, no man could die for Christ without childlike faith.    You are okay.   THIS will pass,   DO not seek a sign

the enemy is trying to slip you up into thinking you have to SEE a sign or etc.    DONT HEED HIM.   YOUR OKAY.   JUST KEEP PRESSING IN>

I love your answers. Always broad but at the same time straight to the point.

Thank you! May God bless your life greatly.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

27 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

Please give a practical example. Not "read the bible" or "pray". I think the people who believe that works,

are conditioning themselves with a mantra. -Read and pray long enough, and eventually you'll believe. 

I've been reading the Bible and praying non stop, with an open heart, genuinely. But I feel I only believe

with my mind. Not to the extent of a child. I trust in Jesus with all the heart that is in my mind. I know

if he spoke to me with commands, I would do them with no question.

Is this how it should be for adults? "thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast

revealed them unto babes"

I know if I had even the slightest sign that I'm saved. My faith would be forever secured in an immovable

rock foundation. How do we know we're saved? The only evidence is a changed heart and works

thereof/conviction. But if we intellectually believe the commandments, it's our natural inclination to do

good works, and resent sin.

I'm genuinely trying(desperately) to find answers. I pray and am immersed in scriptures without ceasing.

My heart has been opened like never before. But I hit a wall. We know God is all powerful. Why doesn't he

use this power and communicate directly. Through sound or some recognizable way. A way that wouldn't

make someone question if it really was God. Why can't he talk to us now, how he talked to those in the Bible? 

Hello AM3

Christianity is a faith, it is not an intellectual argument. Its not one of the sciences
either. Christianity is not based upon rational argument. It is based
upon the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that regenerates and
transforms the human heart and mind. Biblical Christianity lies outside
your capacity to intellectually investigate it --- the world of the metaphysical
cannot be investigated with the Scientific Method or with the Rationalism
of intellectualized philosophical arguments.

This is why the Lord Jesus said, "Have faith in God"__Mark 11:22

And why the Lord Jesus said we are to receive the Kingdom of Heaven

like a little child would receive it. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

41 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

Please give a practical example. Not "read the bible" or "pray". I think the people who believe that works,

are conditioning themselves with a mantra. -Read and pray long enough, and eventually you'll believe. 

I've been reading the Bible and praying non stop, with an open heart, genuinely. But I feel I only believe

with my mind. Not to the extent of a child. I trust in Jesus with all the heart that is in my mind. I know if

he spoke to me with commands, I would do them with no question.

Is this how it should be for adults? "thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast

revealed them unto babes"

I know if I had even the slightest sign that I'm saved. My faith would be forever secured in an immovable

rock foundation. How do we know we're saved? The only evidence is a changed heart and works

thereof/conviction. But if we intellectually believe the commandments, it's our natural inclination to do

good works, and resent sin.

I'm genuinely trying(desperately) to find answers. I pray and am immersed in scriptures without ceasing.

My heart has been opened like never before. But I hit a wall. We know God is all powerful. Why doesn't he

use this power and communicate directly. Through sound or some recognizable way. A way that wouldn't

make someone question if it really was God. Why can't he talk to us now, how he talked to those in the Bible? 

Hello again AM3,

See if this helps:

William Lane Craig, quoting Henry Dodwell, says this:

"Dodwell argues that matters of religious faith lie outside the determination of reason.
God could not possibly have intended that reason should be the faculty to lead us to
faith, for faith cannot hang indefinitely in suspense while reason cautiously weighs
and reweighs arguments. The Scriptures teach, on the contrary, that the way to
God is by means of the heart, not by means of the intellect. Faith is the gift of the
Holy Spirit." __William Lane Craig, Reasonable Faith, page 35
_____

Then Craig says a few pages later, "I think that Dodwell . . . [is] correct that, fundamentally,
the way we know Christianity is true is by the self-authenticating witness of God's Holy
Spirit. Now what do I mean by that? I mean that the experience of the Holy Spirit is
veridical [truthful] and unmistakable . . . for him who has it; that such a person does
not need supplementary arguments or evidence in order to know with confidence that
he is in fact experiencing the Spirit of God . . ."__William Lane Craig, Reasonable Faith,
page 43
________

So clearly William Lane Craig, one of America's most popular and influential Christian
Apologist, agrees with Henry Dodwell. 

_____

Then earlier on page 39, Craig says that he agrees with Plantinga that belief in God is
"both rational and warranted wholly apart from an evidental foundations for belief."

Says William Lane Craig:
"Alvin Plantinga has launched a sustained attack on theological rationalism.
Plantinga maintains that belief in God and in the central doctrines of
Christianity is both rational and warranted wholly apart from any evidential
foundations for belief."__William Lane Craig, Reasonable Faith, page 39
Edited by JAG**
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,652
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

43 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

Wow. I kind of feel like Obi Wan Kenobi  facing multiple light saber questions from General Grievous all at the same time. And I am striving to hit that one central point that all converge on...

I believe child-like faith is a willingness to accept truth as true. 

You CAN learn how or why something is true, in fact, we are commanded to test everything to see if it is true (including the spirits) 1 Thessalonians 5:21 / 1 John 4:1.

But the point I am driving at is you can put your trust in God like a little child does, say, their parents... in matters you can't find answers to. And I find that eventually you do get those answers, but in the mean time believing is seeing. Which is not the same thing as blind faith. Atheists have blind faith. Evolutionists have blind faith. Blind faith is a belief no matter evidence to the contrary. Believing is seeing is faith in a God who has proven himself over and over and over and over to be trustworthy and to trust him in moments of uncertainty and no answers at the ready.

The heavens declare the glory of God. If these be silent the rocks would cry out. Footprints of the Creator.

Evolutionists cop out when asked where everything came from in absolute biogenesis. Bottom line, unless an eternal being who transcends the laws of physics, brought everything into existence the first and second laws of thermodynamics indicate nothing should exist.

Not that Creator has indeed communicated with us in his word the Bible. Authenticated by another footprint of his; omniscience... his unique ability to forth tell historic events before they happen.

In his word he says if you believe in his Son (the genuine Jesus, not the jesus of LDS or Jehovah's Witnesses, or Islam, or whatever else) then you ARE saved. Whether you "feel" like it or not.

John 3:16-18 etc.

Maybe THIS is that convergence point in that light saber dual I mentioned above that goes on in your own mind. That this is the point where you must simply believe with child-like faith that your belief in Jesus Christ is your salvation.

• Brilliant! 1