• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Butero said:

I feel the need to say one more thing about this topic.  This is beyond the single verse being discussed.  Those of us who are KJV only are doing a great deal of harm to the devil, and a scheme he has had in place for a long time.  His ultimate goal is to get everyone to believe that we can't fully trust what is written in any translation, because there are supposedly errors and additions like scribal notes.  If you ever accept the idea that there is no perfect English translation, you fall right into that trick.  Because different English translations say different things, if you look at them all as equal, rather than believing one is right and the rest are wrong, you automatically are in the place to be questioning anything.  

I used to listen to the Catholic Mass while driving down the road in the truck, and they have rejected the KJV Bible for a modern English Catholic Bible.  It clearly has been perverted to make their false doctrines appear right.  It is an awful translation, and if they did that, why does anyone think the others don't have a bias?  The NIV was intentionally changed to make it gender neutral, even though that goes against the original text.  They even had a lesbian translator.  The Jehovah's Witnesses have the New World Translation.  Doesn't it stand to reason churches with liberal doctrines, will create watered down Bibles?  You will have things you know are sinful, and you will pull out your KJV Bible to show someone, and they will pull out their modern translation that says something completely different, and unless you are solidly KJV only, you will be silenced.  That is their objective.  

One other thing you need to be aware of, hermeneutics.  That is a pagan system of translation.  Go to Wikepedia and read up on it.  Notice there are even different types of hermeneutics that people use.  The reason I bring this up is because there are claims that Romans 1 is dealing only with temple prostitutes, and not all homosexuals.  If you fall into the hermeneutics trap, you can be fooled into accepting things like that.  Just be careful when you are so quick to embrace anyone's argument that there are errors in the KJV Bible, or that we need to use hermeneutics or try to look into the history of things to properly interpret it.  There is this thing called revisionist history, and all historians disagree on many things about the Bible.  The safest way to go is to stick with the Authorized KJV Bible and take it as written.  It is fully trustworthy.  

THIS NEEDS to get said again.    ITS TRUE , its TRUE .   HE LEADETH ME , READ THIS ,  read it.

THIS is so true.   I knew me king james was the most accurate by far,  yes I have read other versions

and the new kings james has more errors than just this one.     I seen a wee bit of worldy mix even in it , not as much as others  ,but still its their .

THE DEVIL wants us to believe their is no accurate bible, THEN HE HAS US THROUGH what appear as wise men.   LIES , LIES Of satan.

THE KING JAMES IS ACCURATE .    Satan is a liar and the Father of it.  HE wants us to not trust in Gods holy words in that bible

so we have nothing to really stand on to test HIS PROPHETS against .   WELL I WONT HEAR IT.  ARMOUR UP PEOPLES THIS IS WAR and its for souls .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

ITs so simple dear sister.    Paul was not hiding revelation in anything he said. HE was just WRITING LETTERS to the churches.

IT Just mean what it says........AVOID evil.    and by evil , ITS what GOD Calls evil , not man thinks is.
so its simple follow the spirit , get fed on holy scrips , be made wise unto salvation .   Paul wrote letters to the church .   just as did peter , james , jude

Letters.    ITS MAN that has messed up the letters, to FIT their DOCTRINE is why its such a madhouse.   let us just read and follow Christ .

I agree frienduff........I am just talking about where we might find some things hard to be understood.......that it helps to understand what the bible says elsewhere, the whole counsel of God, and make sure that how we look at some part of the bible also agrees with the rest of it.  If we think 1 Thess. 5:22 means to avoid others thinking evil of us then we are on the wrong track......for instance, someone gave Jesus' life as an example, eating and drinking with sinners....to the Pharisees it was an appearance of evil.....so I don't believe that passage can mean just to avoid the outward appearance of evil......it means to avoid every actual form and manifestation of evil.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

THIS NEEDS to get said again.    ITS TRUE , its TRUE .   HE LEADETH ME , READ THIS ,  read it.

THIS is so true.   I knew me king james was the most accurate by far,  yes I have read other versions

and the new kings james has more errors than just this one.     I seen a wee bit of worldy mix even in it , not as much as others  ,but still its their .

THE DEVIL wants us to believe their is no accurate bible, THEN HE HAS US THROUGH what appear as wise men.   LIES , LIES Of satan.

THE KING JAMES IS ACCURATE .    Satan is a liar and the Father of it.  HE wants us to not trust in Gods holy words in that bible

so we have nothing to really stand on to test HIS PROPHETS against .   WELL I WONT HEAR IT.  ARMOUR UP PEOPLES THIS IS WAR and its for souls .

Brother.......I don't even remember what hermeneutics means, I think I looked it up a long time ago and then forgot what it means.  What I do see is that many trust in hermeneutics and also something called exegisis  too much.  Many have misunderstood the verse that says to "study to show yourself approved..." to mean study the bible intellectually like a textbook or literary work, so they are relying too much on their own mind instead of the Holy Spirit.  In older English usage the word study meant endeavour....so I believe we should understand that verse to mean "endeavour to show yourself approved..."  Doesnt' mean the KJV is wrong, it's just that the usage of some English words have changed over the years.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well back to the original topic. I agree that it should be Abstain from every form of evil and not Abstain from all appearance of evil.   With that said.I do not think that I will be tossed into hell for following the NIV translation of the verse. Nor do I think that those who follow the KJV of the verse will be tossed into hell for following the KJV.  So we should not be condemning one another. 

I have no ideal why my fonts kept changing in this post. 

To me, if you follow one, you are really following both.  If I abstain from every form of evil, that would include the appearance of evil.  My concern with the NIV change is that some might feel that the appearance of evil is no big deal, even though it will harm your testimony.  That subtle change in wording will cause some to do things that are unwise.  It is not always about sin, but sometimes it is about something damaging to you.  

Of course, my biggest concern is not over individual verses and their meaning so much as I am concerned over the false notion that we can't fully trust our Bible because they are all supposedly full of translation errors.  My KJV Bible is fully trustworthy.  This isn't about condemning anyone so much as it is about my feeling like I need to warn people about the dangers that exist when we embrace modern English translations.  I see the bigger picture of what is really behind them.  

7 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

I agree frienduff........I am just talking about where we might find some things hard to be understood.......that it helps to understand what the bible says elsewhere, the whole counsel of God, and make sure that how we look at some part of the bible also agrees with the rest of it.  If we think 1 Thess. 5:22 means to avoid others thinking evil of us then we are on the wrong track......for instance, someone gave Jesus' life as an example, eating and drinking with sinners....to the Pharisees it was an appearance of evil.....so I don't believe that passage can mean just to avoid the outward appearance of evil......it means to avoid every actual form and manifestation of evil.

When I read the verse in my KJV Bible, I automatically know from many other passages to abstain from evil, which is sin.  This takes things a step further when it says I am also to abstain from the appearance of evil.  It is not telling me I can do evil so long as I don't do things that look evil.  What kind of sense would that make?  

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Butero said:

When I read the verse in my KJV Bible, I automatically know from many other passages to abstain from evil, which is sin.  This takes things a step further when it says I am also to abstain from the appearance of evil.  It is not telling me I can do evil so long as I don't do things that look evil.  What kind of sense would that make?  

I think people fail to understand that the "appearance" of evil is a form of evil.  It's not simply that we are to avoid doing what is evil.   That is a given.  That should be a foregone conclusion.   To avoid the appearance of evil holds us to a higher standard.   Nothing in our life should even give off the appearance of what is evil. 

What the world does is either muddy the water about what "evil" means, OR they redefine it to exclude the kinds of things they want to participate in.   

6 hours ago, Butero said:

Certainly agree we should abstain from all forms or manifestation of actual evil.  But me, along with most people I believe, took that verse to mean that if doing something might cause others to misunderstand, even though it is innocent, then we should abstain from doing it.  But that can't be what it means......since Jesus Himself often did things that had an appearance of evil but wasn't.  Eg, eating and drinking with sinners including prostitutes, picking grain on the sabbath, talking to women in public which in that society back then for a strange man to talk to a woman in public was frowned upon and would have automatically appeared to have evil intent.  Jesus went about doing the Father's will regardless of how it looked to others from outward appearances.  A proper understanding of that verse should set us free from that kind of restraint now.  Hope that clarifies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
20 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Certainly agree we should abstain from all forms or manifestation of actual evil.  But me, along with most people I believe, took that verse to mean that if doing something might cause others to misunderstand, even though it is innocent, then we should abstain from doing it.  But that can't be what it means......since Jesus Himself often did things that had an appearance of evil but wasn't.  Eg, eating and drinking with sinners including prostitutes, picking grain on the sabbath, talking to women in public which in that society back then for a strange man to talk to a woman in public was frowned upon and would have automatically appeared to have evil intent.  Jesus went about doing the Father's will regardless of how it looked to others from outward appearances.  A proper understanding of that verse should set us free from that kind of restraint now.  Hope that clarifies.

Jesus didn't do anything that had the appearance of evil, from a biblical understanding of what "evil"  means.   "Evil" is not an arbitrary word that means whatever anyone wants it to mean at any given time.

Jesus associated with those that the religious leaders would not associate with, but that does not mean that Jesus took on the appearance of evil.

16 hours ago, simplejeff said:

All around you ,  surrounding your posts, and the posts of those who are faithful and true,

the "amount of damage" is growing, not shrinking , every day......   as Yahweh permits or has permitted ...

No one is actively "censoring" nor even identifying ('flagging'?)  those who continue daily all around us to post error upon error as it is also written: "the wicked will become more wicked" ....

Brother, everything that happens under God's heaven has been permitted and allowed by Him in His wisdom and righteousness, I agree with that........however, it doesn't mean we are to stop fighting the good fight of faith.  For example the Lord God allows poverty......that doesn't mean we are to stop giving to the poor.  He allows deception and even delusion apparently, since it exists, but that doesn't mean we should stop fighting it and trying to speak the truth in love.  He allows sickness and disease.....that doesn't mean we are not to help and tend to the sick.  He even allows many souls to perish, since that also does happen under His sovereign rule.......but that doesn't mean the gospel shouldn't be preached.  The bible says to slaves that if they can obtain their freedom they should do so.  The role of the church is to be intercessory, like Jesus, standing in the gap between God's righteous judgment on this earth and ministering mercy where we see judgment.  I don't know what you believe in particular about that, but I just thought it would be good to mention these things, since I have heard others say that everything is exactly as it should be under God's sovereign rule, as though we should accept everything as it is instead of bringing His mercy into situations on earth.  That was Jesus' whole ministry..........bringing forgiveness in the face of judgment.......healing, delivering, giving, forgiving......ministering to all the problems that had come to the people due to God's righteous judgment under the law.....which Jesus came to set the sinner free from the curse of it.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus didn't do anything that had the appearance of evil, from a biblical understanding of what "evil"  means.   "Evil" is not an arbitrary word that means whatever anyone wants it to mean at any given time.

Jesus associated with those that the religious leaders would not associate with, but that does not mean that Jesus took on the appearance of evil.

Yes, He did.  Picking grain on the sabbath (working) had the appearance of breaking the sabbath.  Approaching and talking to women, even prostitutes, in the street had the appearance of soliciting fornication, which is evil according to the bible.  Socializing with tax collectors would have had the appearance of being party to their corrupt activities.  I think I will just have to leave it there though, shiloh, I don't know how else to explain what I am trying to say.  Bless you.