• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Yochanan the immerser declared that no man can receive anything (like understanding, or wisdom, or knowledge, or a wife, or a husband, or cattle, or victory in battle )

UNLESS the FATHER in HEAVEN grants it .....  i.e. not just 'sometimes'  , but every time,  all the time.....)

Ask, seek and knock and the door will be opened unto us.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus didn't do anything that had the appearance of evil, from a biblical understanding of what "evil"  means.   "Evil" is not an arbitrary word that means whatever anyone wants it to mean at any given time.

Jesus associated with those that the religious leaders would not associate with, but that does not mean that Jesus took on the appearance of evil.

According to you and others, it appears evil for a man to be alone in public with a woman not his spouse or family member.  Jesus was alone on public with a woman known to have a "low reputation" that was neither His spouse or family member.  

Jesus did actions that appeared to break the Sabbath, this would be evil from a biblical understanding.  

Jesus did not care about appearances. 

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Yes, He did.  Picking grain on the sabbath (working) had the appearance of breaking the sabbath.  Approaching and talking to women, even prostitutes, in the street had the appearance of soliciting fornication, which is evil according to the bible.  Socializing with tax collectors would have had the appearance of being party to their corrupt activities.  I think I will just have to leave it there though, shiloh, I don't know how else to explain what I am trying to say.  Bless you.

I understand what you are saying, but none of that means that Jesus violated the principle laid down in I Thess. 5:22.   Jesus never took on the appearance of "evil"  according to the Scriptures.   

It is pretty deplorable to attempt to put Jesus at odds with Scripture to assign the appearance of evil to Him

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, shiloh357 said:

No, I don't have religion.  The RCC is a religion.   I  have Jesus, instead.

And I have access to both His body and blood thanks to that "religion."

Guest shiloh357
Just now, OldSchool2 said:

And I have access to both His body and blood thanks to that "religion."

No, you don't.   The Mass is a pagan sacrifice of Jesus to the Father.  There is no access to either His body or blood through that abominable ritual.

I have eternal life by faith alone, in Christ alone because of His shed blood and broken body.   I don't have to perform pagan rituals over and over.  

22 hours ago, Davida said:

No it isn't a conspiracy.  It is a fact that some of the modern Bible versions have changed the meaning of some scriptures.  Why would you say they don't? 

Most of the more modern translation make those meanings more clear and accurate, including the RKJ and the NKJV. But I don't think replacing "his" or "he" for "Jesus" changes anything.

Context is everything.

21 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that's not how translation works.   The modern versions are based on the Alexandrinus, the Codex Vaticanus and the Codex Sinaiticus.  They are all corrupt Greek manuscripts and the Vaticanus is the source for why the the JW New World Translation claims that Jesus is a god and not "God".... 

Even some JWs have finally ditched their NWT for the NIV.

"Fidelity to Scripture is the first priority of the New International Version (NIV). The NIV translators bring a wealth of experience in the original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic languages of the Bible. The result? An accurate, reliable translation of God’s Word you can read and understand...."

https://www.biblica.com/niv-bible/niv-bible-translation-accuracy/

22 hours ago, Davida said:

Hmm, it is a waste of time listening to your own thoughts that occur in your head-- instead of looking up those Bible scriptures that Shiloh gave you so you could compare them.

See my other response to you.

29 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus didn't do anything that had the appearance of evil, from a biblical understanding of what "evil"  means.   "Evil" is not an arbitrary word that means whatever anyone wants it to mean at any given time....

Tell that to the Pharisees who criticized Christ for healing on the Sabbath and who also attributed his good works to the father of all lies.

"Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. All the people were astonished and said, 'Could this be the Son of David?'

"But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, 'It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons....'" ((Matthew 12:22-37). 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you don't.   The Mass is a pagan sacrifice of Jesus to the Father.  There is no access to either His body or blood through that abominable ritual.

I have eternal life by faith alone, in Christ alone because of His shed blood and broken body.   I don't have to perform pagan rituals over and over.  

Then how exactly do you eat His body and drink His blood as per John 6:53?

"Then Jesus said unto them, 'Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you....'" (KJV).