IGNORED

I Thes 5:22

Running Gator

37 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

And I have access to both His body and blood thanks to that "religion."

No you don't.  Catholics can claim that the bread and wine literally become flesh and blood, but that is completely false.  The bread and wine are symbolic for Jesus' broken body and his blood.  It is not literally his flesh and blood.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Internet search : About 53,600 results (0.50 seconds)  (search "ABOMINATION of the mass")
First result of 53,600:

www.peterjamesx.com/docs/The%20Abomination%20of%20the%20Mass.htm

The Abomination Of The Mass. The Roman Catholic Mass and other Masses which originate from this Mass,. are the Satanic counterfeit to the Lord's Passover,.

From Bible Hub:

Daniel 12:11 "From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and ...

biblehub.com/daniel/12-11.htm

and the abomination that maketh desolate; image worship; the abomination of the Mass, and other acts of idolatry and superstition: there shall be a thousand two ...

45 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Yes, He did.  Picking grain on the sabbath (working) had the appearance of breaking the sabbath.  Approaching and talking to women, even prostitutes, in the street had the appearance of soliciting fornication, which is evil according to the bible.  Socializing with tax collectors would have had the appearance of being party to their corrupt activities.  I think I will just have to leave it there though, shiloh, I don't know how else to explain what I am trying to say.  Bless you.

What the verse is telling me is to think about how others will view something before I do it.  Of course it will be impossible to always avoid looking like I am doing evil to sinners and hypocrites.  The average person in Israel didn't see Jesus and his disciples as doing evil when they picked grain on the Sabbath Day.  The phony religious crowd accused them of sinning because they were looking for an accusation against them.  I never saw Jesus approaching an actual prostitute in the street.  Sinners came to him.  The woman at the well wasn't a prostitute, so I am not sure what you are referring to.  The common person didn't see Jesus welcoming repentant sinners as evil.  The self-righteous religious crowd thought themselves too good to associate with sinful people, and couldn't understand why Jesus would if he was really who he said he was.  

The examples you gave are not really appearances of evil.  They are examples of things the religious crowd used to make false accusations.  The common people loved Jesus for those things because it gave them hope.  They saw that they were not so bad they couldn't be saved.  They knew that if they came to Christ, they would be forgiven.  There are many ways where in my life, I would know not to do certain things because of the appearance.  I wouldn't put out a big Halloween display on my lawn because it would have an appearance of evil.  I wouldn't hang out at the local bar.  I wouldn't blast AC/DC music on my stereo for everyone to hear.  Those are appearances of evil.  They are things I can easily avoid doing.  Even in Romans, it speaks of not doing things I have the liberty to do because of the weak conscience of others.  It says I can condemn myself for things I allow.  That is what this verse means to me.  

Fighting the GOOD FIGHT (of TRUTH, TRUE FAITH)

About 184,000 results (0.69 seconds)

www.sohmer.net/media/KG-TCC.pdf
Keith Green – "The Catholic Chronicles" The Sacrifice of the Mass -- What Does It Mean? Page 7 of 22. Part 2. The Sacrifice of the Mass - What Does it Mean?
Missing: abomination
The Ministry Continues. Keith Green. Keith was a Christian musician who made his entire life an act of worship and an embracing of the high calling to Christian ...

Personal Comment regarding Catholic Chronicles: Keith Green was the biggest .... evangelical communion services and the Roman Catholic Mass ends - at the ...

Just now, Butero said:

What the verse is telling me is to think about how others will view something before I do it.

Sorry,  this would be gross disobedience .... (disobeying God's Instructions) ....

Both the "thinking" and the affected "doing" based on what others think....

Jesus told His disciples:  That is none of your concern,  just do what the Father has told you to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Even some JWs have finally ditched their NWT for the NIV.

"Fidelity to Scripture is the first priority of the New International Version (NIV). The NIV translators bring a wealth of experience in the original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic languages of the Bible. The result? An accurate, reliable translation of God’s Word you can read and understand...."

https://www.biblica.com/niv-bible/niv-bible-translation-accuracy/

The NIV is one of the worst translations.  Not only did they have a lesbian among their translators, but they intentionally made a gender neutral Bible, even though that was not faithful to the original manuscripts.  Even people like James Dobson, who is generally fairly liberal when it comes to Bible translations, came against the way they took such liberties with the text.  You say that Jehovah's Witnesses have left the New World Translation for the NIV, and that is supposed to show it is accurate?  They are a cult.  If they like the NIV, that should sound a warning to everyone.  

15 minutes ago, Butero said:

No you don't.  Catholics can claim that the bread and wine literally become flesh and blood, but that is completely false.  The bread and wine are symbolic for Jesus' broken body and his blood.  It is not literally his flesh and blood.

Correct.  Also not just symbolic, but SPIRIT. (Remember, Jesus said SPIRIT, NOT physical ).

The abomination of the mass commits many sins, and causes many to fail to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Consuming (eating or drinking) BLOOD is forbidden -

JESUS would never tell the PURE IN HEART to sin,

the devil always tells the defiled in heart to sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Sorry,  this would be gross disobedience .... (disobeying God's Instructions) ....

Both the "thinking" and the affected "doing" based on what others think....

Jesus told His disciples:  That is none of your concern,  just do what the Father has told you to do.

Romans specifically instructs me not do put stumbling blocks in the path of others.  I can personally know that any meat I purchase in the market place is good and to be accepted, but another person might recognize it as sacrificed to idols.  Even though I know that the idol is nothing, I am still not to eat that meat in their presence for their sake and how they will view it.  I can actually condemn myself in things I do, even if I have no conscience they are wrong.  That is an example of an appearance of evil, and I am obeying God by following the instructions in his Word.  

Just now, Butero said:

Romans specifically instructs me not do put stumbling blocks in the path of others. 

Does Jesus tell all the disciples to do the Father's will,  or to do their own will ?

Did the Father ever tell Jesus to put stumbling blocks in the path of others ?