• Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you actually didn't answer her. 

Yes, I actually did.

4 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

The contradiction of being in the New Testament while still living in the Old.

You're welcome.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

9 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

And what exactly are you calling an RCC "abomination"?

Yahweh calls the whole system an abomination.

All Scripture repudiates all the rcc,  and all the Reformers for what, a hundred years,  proved it.

Everything I read that you posted or have referred to so far regarding the rcc tradition is all DIRECTLY CONTRARY to Yahweh, and opposed to Scripture.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The RCC took that blessed truth and mangled the Scriptures into a demonic, pagan. abominable doctrine pertaining to the Eucharist/Mass/Transubstantiation.  Anathema upon it all.

This pretty much sums up all that can be known about the roman catholic origin and practices and doctrines today,

and Yahweh's Judgment upon it all.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The issue is not the translation.  The issue is the line of thought in the passage.   Jesus was replacing the Jewish notion of the law as the tree of eternal life and living water as a source of eternal life, with his own body and blood.   He is still using the same metaphorical language....

There is not one verse in John 6 that I could find referring to the Tree of Life; Jesus plainly said he was the (true) bread that fell from heaven, i.e., manna, and not leaves of life (John 6:30-2).

And obviously the issue isn't translation when the translators are all in agreement.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13

5 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Yahweh calls the whole system an abomination....

Chapter and verse where Yahweh condemns the RCC?

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

There is not one verse in John 6 that I could find referring to the Tree of Life; Jesus plainly said he was the (true) bread that fell from heaven, i.e., manna, and not leaves of life (John 6:30-2).

And obviously the issue isn't translation when the translators are all in agreement.

I am speaking to the Jewish religious climate at the time.  They believed that the study of the Torah was how they gained eternal life (John 5:39).  It is actually part of Jewish mystical teachings about the Torah, namely that eating of the Tree of Life and drinking living water (both refer to Torah study) will give the Jew a place in the Olam Haba (Word to Come).  

And Jesus is countering that view by pointing to his body and blood (symbolic for the work of redemption on the cross) is how eternal life is gained.  

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Chapter and verse where Yahweh condemns the RCC?

Revelation 17  It's all about the destruction of Mystery Babylon and Mother of Harlots (RCC).

Every Breath of Yahweh, Every thought in Yeshua, Every Wisdom, Every Knowledge, Every Chapter,  Every Verse, 

is LIGHT,  exposing the devilish darkness of the rcc, as revealed to every child of Yahweh by Yahweh's Spirit and

by Yahweh's Word always confirmed and in perfect HARMONY with all of Yahweh's WORD and PLAN.

"

"Chapter XV.

THE IMPURITIES OF THE THEOLOGY OF ROME
“The mother of harlots and abominations.”—Rev. xvii. 5.

Constrained by the voice of my conscience to reveal the impurities of the theology of the Church of Rome, I feel, in doing so, a sentiment of inexpressible shame. They are of such a loathsome nature, that often they cannot be expressed in any living language.

However great may have been the corruptions in the theologies and priests of paganism, there is nothing in their records which can be compared with the depravity of those of the Church of Rome."

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/51634/51634-h/51634-h.htm

"Project Gutenberg's Fifty Years in the Church of Rome, by Charles Chiniquy

This eBook is for the use of anyone anywhere in the United States and most
other parts of the world at no cost and with almost no restrictions
whatsoever.  You may copy it, give it away or re-use it under the terms of
the Project Gutenberg License included with this eBook or online at
www.gutenberg.org.  If you are not located in the United States, you'll have
to check the laws of the country where you are located before using this ebook.

Title: Fifty Years in the Church of Rome

Author: Charles Chiniquy

Release Date: April 2, 2016 [EBook #51634]

Language: English

Character set encoding: UTF-8"

Chapter LIV.

The Abomination of Auricular Confession

580-602

"Let those who understand Latin read the pages which I give at the end of my book, “The Priest, the Woman, and the Confessional,” and then decide as to whether or not the sentiments therein contained are not enough to shock the feelings of the most depraved.

And let it be remembered that all those abominations have to be studied, learned by heart and thoroughly understood by men who have to make a vow never to marry! For it is not till after his vow of celibacy that the student in theology is initiated into those mysteries of iniquity."

"“A few days ago we tried, but in vain, to find what becomes of the large sums of money which pass from the people, through our hands, into those of the bishop, to say masses; but here is the answer, I have the key to that mystery, which is worthy of the darkest ages of the Church. I wish I were dead, rather than see with my own eyes such abominations.” We then read that long chapter, the substance of which was that the venerable bishops of Quebec had sent not less than one hundred thousand francs, at different times, to the priests of Paris, that they might say four hundred thousand masses at five cents each! Here we had the sad evidence that our bishops had taken four hundred thousand francs from our poor people, under the pretext of saving the souls from purgatory! That article fell upon us as a thunderbolt. For a long time we looked at each other without being able to utter a single word; our tongues were as paralyzed by our shame; we felt as vile criminals when detected on the spot."

"

But it was too late; the people who were there had heard the uncle and the niece. Their long and secret suspicions were well-founded. One of their former priests had kept a girl, under the disguise of a man, in his house; and to blind his people more thoroughly, he had married that girl to another, in order to have them both in the house when he pleased, without awakening any suspicion!

The news went, almost as quickly as lightning, from one end to the other of the parish, and spread all over the country, on both sides of the St. Lawrence. I had heard of that horror, but I could not believe it. However, I had to believe it, when, on the spot, I heard from the lips of the ex-curate, M. Tetreau, and 400the new curate, M. Noel de Toussignant, and from the lips of my landlord, the Honorable Laterriere, the following details, which had come to light only a short time before.

The justice of the peace had investigated the matter, in the name of public morality. Joseph was brought before the magistrates, who decided that a physician should be charged to make, not a post mortem but an ante-mortem inquest. The Honorable Laterriere, who made the inquest, declared that Joseph was a girl, and the bonds of marriage were legally dissolved.

At the same time, the curate M. Tetreau, had sent a dispatch to the Right Rev. Bishop-coadjutor of Quebec, informing him that the young man whom he had kept in his house, several years, was legally proved a girl; a fact which, I need hardly state, was well known by the bishop and his vicars! They immediately sent a trustworthy man with £500, to induce the girl to leave the country without delay, lest she were prosecuted and sent to the penitentiary. She accepted the offer, and crossed the lines to the United States with her $2,000, where she was soon married, and where she still lives.

I wished that this story had never been told me, or at least, that I might be allowed to doubt some of its circumstances; but there was no help. I was forced to acknowledge that in my Church of Rome, there was such corruption from head to foot, which could scarcely be surpassed in Sodom. I remember what the Rev. Mr. Perras had told me of the tears and desolation of Bishop Plessis, when he had discovered that all the priests of Canada, with the exception of three, were atheists."

================================================

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Revelation 17  It's all about the destruction of Mystery Babylon and Mother of Harlots (RCC).

.... and exposing the darkness wherever it is found:  as in the abomination of auricular confession as described by priests who Yahweh saved out of the demonic darkness ::

"

I would not be honest, did I not confess that the personal knowledge of that fact, which I learned in all its scandalous details from the very lips of unimpeachable witnesses, saddened me, and for a time, shook my faith in my religion, to its foundation. I felt secretly ashamed to belong to a body of men so completely lost to every sense of honesty, as the priests and bishops of Canada. I had heard of many scandals before. The infamies of the grand vicar Manceau and Quiblier of Montreal, Cadieux at Three Rivers, and Viau at Riviere Ouelle. The 401public acts of depravity of the priests Lelievre, Tabeau, Pouliot, Belisle, Brunet, Quevillon, Huot, Lajuste, Rabby, Crevier, Bellecourt, Valle, Mignault, Noel, Pinet, Duguez, Davely and many others, were known to me, as well as by the whole clergy. But the abominations of which Joseph was the victim seemed to overstep the conceivable limits of infamy. For the first time, I sincerely regretted that I was a priest. The priesthood of Rome seemed then, to me, the very fulfillment of the prophecy of Revelation, about the great prostitute, who makes the nations drunk with the wines of her prostitutions.

Auricular confession, which I knew to be the first, if not the only cause, of these abominations, appeared to me, what it really is, a school of perdition for the priest and his female penitents. The priest’s oath of celibacy, was to my eyes, in those hours of distress, but a shameful mask to conceal a corruption which was unknown in the most depraved days of old paganism."

• Thumbs Up 1

further depravity and extensive sin practiced by so-called priests, doing as they are taught to do by the devil himself:

"

“Of course,” answered the curate, “your wife is in the flames of purgatory, and suffers there the most unspeakable tortures, which can be relieved only by the offering of the holy sacrifice of mass. Give me five dollars and I will sing that mass to-morrow morning.”

“You know very well, Mr. le Cure,” answered the poor man, in a most supplicating tone, “that my wife has been sick, as well as myself, a good part of the year. I am too poor to give you five dollars!”

“If you cannot pay, you cannot have any mass sung. You know it is the rule. It is not in my power to change it.”

These words were said by the curate with a high and unfeeling tone, which were in absolute contrast with the solemnity and distress of the poor sick man. They made a very painful impression upon me, for I felt for him. I knew the curate was well-off, at the head of one of the richest parishes of Canada; that he had several thousand dollars in the bank. I hoped at first, that he would kindly grant the petition presented to him, without speaking of the pay, but I was disappointed. My first thought, after hearing his hard rebuke, was to put my hand in my pocket and take one of the several five-dollar gold pieces I had, and give it to the poor man, that he might be relieved from his terrible anxiety about his wife. It came also to my mind to say to him: “I will sing your high mass for nothing to-morrow.” But alas! I must confess, to my shame, I was too cowardly to do that noble deed. I had a sincere desire to do it, but was prevented by the fear of insulting that priest, who was older than myself, and for whom I had always entertained great respect. It was evident to me that he would have taken my action as a condemnation of his conduct.

When I was feeling ashamed of my own cowardice, and still more indignant against myself than against the curate, he said to the disconcerted poor man: “That woman is your wife; not mine. It is your business, and not mine, to see how to get her out of purgatory.”

492Turning to me, he said, in the most amiable way: “Please, sir, come to tea.”

We hardly started, when the poor man, raising his voice, said, in a most touching way: “I cannot leave my poor wife in the flames of purgatory; if you cannot sing a high mass, will you please say five low masses to rescue her soul from those burning flames?”

The priest turned towards him and said: “Yes, I can say five masses to take the soul of your wife out of purgatory, but give me five shillings; for you know the price of a low mass is one shilling.”

The poor man answered: “I can no more give one dollar than I can five. I have not a cent; and my three poor little children are as naked and starving as myself.”

“Well! well!” answered the curate, “when I passed this morning, before your house, I saw two beautiful sucking pigs. Give me one of them, and I will say your five low masses.”

The poor man said: “These small pigs were given me by a charitable neighbor, that I might raise them to feed my poor children next winter. They will surely starve to death, if I give my pigs away.”

But I could not listen any longer to that strange dialogue; every word of which fell upon my soul as a shower of burning coals. I was beside myself with shame and disgust. I abruptly left the merchant of souls, finishing his bargains, went to my sleeping-room, locked the door, and fell upon my knees to weep to my heart’s content.

A quarter of an hour later, the curate knocked at my door and said: “Tea is ready; please come down!” I answered: “I am not well; I want some rest. Please excuse me, if I do not take my tea to-night.”

It would require a more eloquent pen than mine to give the correct history of that sleepless night. The hours were dark and long.

“My God! my God!” I cried, a thousand times, “Is it possible that, in my so dear Church of Rome, there can be such abominations as I have seen and heard to-day? Dear and adorable 493Saviour, if thou wert still on earth, and should see the soul of a daughter of Israel fallen into a burning furnace, wouldst thou ask a shilling to take it out? Wouldst thou force the poor father, with his starving children, to give their last morsel of bread, to persuade thee to extinguish the burning flames? Thou hast shed the last drop of thy blood to save her. And how cruel, how merciless, we, thy priests, are, for the same precious soul! But are we really thy priests? Is it not blasphemous to call ourselves thy priests, when not only we will not sacrifice anything to save that soul, but will starve the poor husband and his orphans? What right have we to extort such sums of money from thy poor children to help them out of purgatory? Do not thy apostles say that thy blood alone can purify the soul?

“Is it possible that there is such a fiery prison for the sinners after death, and that neither thyself nor any of thy apostles has said a word about it?

“Several of the Fathers consider purgatory as of Pagan origin. Tertullian spoke of it only after he had joined the sect of the Montanists, and he confesses that it is not through the Holy Scriptures, but through the inspiration of the Paraclete of Montanus that he knows anything about purgatory. Augustine, the most learned and pious of the Holy Fathers, does not find purgatory in the Bible, and positively says that its existence is dubious; that every one may believe what he thinks proper about it. Is it possible that I am so mean as to have refused to extend a helping hand to that poor distressed man, for fear of offending the cruel priest?

“We priests believe, and say that we can help souls out of the burning furnace of purgatory, by our prayers and masses; but instead of rushing to their rescue, we turn to the parents, friends, the children of those departed souls, and say: “Give me five dollars; give me a shilling, and I will put an end to those tortures; but if you refuse us that money, we will let your father, husband, wife, child, or friend endure those tortures, hundreds of years more! Would not the people throw us into the river, if they could once understand the extent of our meanness and avarice? Ought we not to be ashamed to ask a shilling to 494take out of the fire a human being who calls us to the rescue? Who, except a priest, can descend so low in the regions of depravity?” "

• Thumbs Up 1