• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Just as having beer in your refrigerator can trip up a weak Christian, so can you hanging out with a women who is not your wife.   A weak Christian sees you hanging out with another woman, a business lunch, test driving her car that you want to buy....he could easily assume you are looking for an affair and decide that if you can do that....it must be ok.   Avoid all appearances of evil is very good advice. 

You cannot decide what a verse says by majority vote.   What does God say?

God says to avoid all forms of evil.

Jesus stood at the well talking alone to a woman of ill repute.  That could have been seen by some that it is ok to mess around with such women.  Was Jesus wrong for doing so?

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The apostels Marvled that he spoke with the woman at the well.    This of course was not evil in any way .  But they did marvel.   perhaps it was against the customs of the jews

not true doctrine, but rather TRADITIONS .     they plucked corn on the Sabbath.  WHICH though it was not evil,    according to the jews who misunderstood TORAH

they thought it was.    THIS is what HE LEADETH me is talking about.   He healed on the Sabbath, which the jews By misunderstanding Torah thought was evil.  

YET had they read TORAH they would have seen WHAT DAVID DID.  or I should say IF THEY HAD UNDERSTOOD TORAH.    this is the examples our sister is speaking of.

NOT the dung pile real evil that occurs but man changes to make good.   ANYTHING contrary to CHRIST , HIS sayings , IS the evil.    no matter how well versed one tries

to justify their evil.  IF it contradicts JESUS , HIS sayings, THEN ITS EVIL .

We are to abstain from the appearance of evil as the Bible, not human traditions, define "evil."   I don't think that is hard to understand.  That is what Jesus did.  It really is that simple.

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Tell that to the Pharisees who criticized Christ for healing on the Sabbath and who also attributed his good works to the father of all lies.

"Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. All the people were astonished and said, 'Could this be the Son of David?'

"But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, 'It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons....'" ((Matthew 12:22-37). 

Jesus violated Pharisaical tradition, not Scripture.   Jesus never did anything that broke God's laws or even appeared sinful.

8 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Then how exactly do you eat His body and drink His blood as per John 6:53?

"Then Jesus said unto them, 'Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you....'" (KJV).

John 6:63 has nothing to do with communion.

Jesus was talking to Jews and this was not at the last supper.    Jesus was alluding to a Jewish tradition that uses the Tree of Life and living water as euphemisms for the study of the Torah.  Study of the Torah was compared to drinking from wells of living water and eating from the tree of life.  To the observant Jew at that time, such was the way to eternal life in the world to come.

Jesus was replacing the Tree of Life and living water with His body and blood.   He was not telling people they needed to literally consume his flesh and blood.   He was using His body and blood in the same euphemistic manner in order to make the point that HE was the way to eternal life, that eternal life came only through him.  

We take part of Christ spiritually when we make Him our Savior and Lord.  We do not eat his flesh and drink His blood. 

RCC Transubstantiation is just one more reason why the RCC is a pagan cult.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

3 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Yes.

If you never made First Communion, you never had access and you never made it to Confirmation, so you were never Roman Catholic.

DHNfyAPUIAEM4jh.jpg

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus violated Pharisaical tradition, not Scripture.   Jesus never did anything that broke God's laws or even appeared sinful....

He obviously appeared sinful to Pharisees; that was the whole point.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

John 6:63 has nothing to do with communion.

Jesus was talking to Jews and this was not at the last supper.    Jesus was alluding to a Jewish tradition that uses the Tree of Life and living water as euphemisms for the study of the Torah.  Study of the Torah was compared to drinking from wells of living water and eating from the tree of life.  To the observant Jew at that time, such was the way to eternal life in the world to come.

Jesus was replacing the Tree of Life and living water with His body and blood.   He was not telling people they needed to literally consume his flesh and blood.   He was using His body and blood in the same euphemistic manner in order to make the point that HE was the way to eternal life, that eternal life came only through him.  

We take part of Christ spiritually when we make Him our Savior and Lord.  We do not eat his flesh and drink His blood. 

RCC Transubstantiation is just one more reason why the RCC is a pagan cult.  

Then if I am a pagan cultist why am I a "Royal Member" of Worthy and not designated as an "unbeliever," i.e., how can an unbeliever get enough posts to become a Royal member?

And if you don't eat His flesh and drink His blood you have no life in you.

Why did Jesus' "euphemistic manner" cause many of his disciples to leave (John 6:66)?

Communion is a re-enactment of the last supper, i.e., a Seder.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

"I am that bread of life.

"Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

"This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world" John 6:47-51 (KJV).

DHNfyAPUIAEM4jh.jpg

39 minutes ago, Davida said:

That has nothing to do with what Butero posted.

It is the contradiction of everything Butero posted and that you practice.

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

He obviously appeared sinful to Pharisees; that was the whole point.

But I Thess. 5:22 is talking about "evil" from God's standpoint.

And if you don't eat His flesh and drink His blood you have no life in you.

I am saved by the blood of Jesus and His work on the cross.   Transubstantiation does not save.

Why did Jesus' "euphemistic manner" cause many of his disciples to leave (John 6:66)?

Because Jesus was claiming to be God.   Jesus was claiming to the be the source of eternal life and only God can impart eternal life.  Jesus was claiming to be greater than Moses and the law and that was simply not something that many of His disciples could accept.

Communion is a re-enactment of the last supper, i.e., a Seder.

Which is completely different than the pagan Eucharist.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

"I am that bread of life.

"Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

"This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world" John 6:47-51 (KJV).

Again, Jesus is not promoting cannibalism. He is not promoting the RCC pagan myths of the Eucharist. 

5 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

SJ is another man just like you; so what makes you think I will regard either of you here? But as for the Bible: "... my flesh is meat indeed and my blood drink indeed" (John 6:55).

In the book of Acts, it states that one of the necessary things to forbid Christians from doing is eating blood.  

5 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

"... There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Gal 3:28).

The problem is that they intentionally made the decision to use improper words when they translated from Greek to English.  As such, the translation is false.  

52 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Then if I am a pagan cultist why am I a "Royal Member" of Worthy and not designated as an "unbeliever," i.e., how can an unbeliever get enough posts to become a Royal member?

DHNfyAPUIAEM4jh.jpg

I have a suggestion for those in charge at Worthy Christian Forums.  I think there should be a new label for Catholics.  Instead of Royal Member, why not just say Catholic?  That way we know what we are dealing with up front.  It certainly explains a lot.  The same thing could be done for cults like Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.  That way we will immediately recognize they are not real Christians.  

Let me point something out.  I would imagine that a Catholic, that believes that when you take communion, you literally eat flesh and drink blood, must also believe that to be denied communion means you can't be saved.  As such, they can't believe those outside of the Catholic Church are really saved, so before anyone gets on their high horse and gets upset that non-Catholics may question the salvation of Catholics, I would like to know how Catholics look at non-Catholics that believe that communion is symbolic and we don't really eat flesh and drink blood.