• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

1 minute ago, Butero said:

You certainly did, and I never claimed anyone had to read from any Bible at all to be saved.  All one has to do to be saved is believe on Jesus and follow him.  They can do that by hearing the word preached to them without ever seeing any Bible.  Your accusation was false, which is why I find it surprising you would report someone for saying you are working for the devil....

And who do you work for?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Notice, btw, all ye readers,  that those who are opposed to Christ never listen to those who are sent by Christ,

unless Yahweh grants them such grace as He did all of us in Christ.

Thus,  words and doctrines and teachers and leaders and priests and bishops outside of Christ cannot lead anyone to Christ,  not are they likely to send anyone to Christ;

it is, as Jesus Says Clearly, and OFTEN,  only those who the FATHER DRAWS can come to Him,  and ONLY THE FATHER can remove the veil, (from anyone) so they may be saved.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Just now, OldSchool2 said:

And who do you work for?

Jesus Christ.  What has that got to do with anything?  I didn't accuse you of working for the devil, the Lord or anyone else.  You accused me of idolatry, and someone else that works for the Lord accused you of working for the devil.  

• Group:  Royal Member

1 minute ago, Butero said:

Jesus Christ.  What has that got to do with anything?  I didn't accuse you of working for the devil, the Lord or anyone else.  You accused me of idolatry....

Spelled "bibliolatry"?

DCFJUdtXUAA_h25.jpg

Just now, OldSchool2 said:

Spelled "bibliolatry"?

DCFJUdtXUAA_h25.jpg

Which is a form of idolatry, worshipping the Bible.  Again, I find that amazing, coming from a Catholic where they pray to statues.  

By the way Old School, you never answered me about the seven deadly sins.  You are fine with violating New Testament teachings, because we are under grace.  As such, are you ok with ignoring the seven deadly sins recognized by the Catholic Church?  Can you violate them without confessing them and make it to heaven?  Lets start with something like gluttony or perhaps lust.  Will those things keep a born again Christian under grace out of heaven?  

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That completely skirts around what we are talking about.  The word used for evil in I Thess. 5:22 is poneron, and it refers to wickedness and lawlessness, immorality, basically anything God has pure contempt for.  This is not an arbitrary word where it is up to each person to decide for himself how to define "evil."    We are to abstain from the very appearance of anything that God finds detestable.

He was not numbered among the transgressors because he acted or appeared like them (the "transgessors" btw, is us).   During Jesus' ministry, there were two times where He directly identifies with us:  At His baptism, and on the cross.   That he was numbered among us only speaks to His total humanity, and though 100% sinless at all points before God, represented us before God on the cross.   He was numbered among us because our sin was imputed to Jesus on the cross.

We as believers get to bear His reproach and be numbered with the transgressors as well........all the more as the falling away deepens and our once "Christian" society becomes more and more pagan.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Nothing happens in a vacuum.

Bless you OldSchool........and seek to know Christ, that He would reveal His word to you.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Butero said:

Which is a form of idolatry, worshipping the Bible.  Again, I find that amazing, coming from a Catholic where they pray to statues.  

Catholics and other Christians sometimes venerate certain saints above others, not unlike the way you hold the KJV above all other translations.

• Oy Vey! 1