IGNORED

I Thes 5:22

Running Gator

5 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

... For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.

What that means in context is that the early church already hears the law of Moses because it is taught in the synagogue on the Sabbath Day.  As such, the early Apostles didn't need to beat a dead horse and spend their time on that.  It doesn't mean we disregard all of the law of Moses.  It was not the law of Moses that told me to avoid things strangled or blood.  It was the early Apostles and the Holy Spirit, and they say it is still necessary.  

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

The Worshipping by the RC's of statues of Mary by all the Popes, Catholics are taught it as doctrine to get blessings for getting into heaven.  Many of us have family members who are RC's,  I personally  have witnessed their worship of Mary & the dead catholic saints  in their services & in their homes. Deny it all you want. The Truth is the Truth.

pope-john-paul-mary.jpg

pope-john-fatima.jpg

pope-kneeling-fatima.jpg

mary_worship.jpg

A picture can be worth a thousand words.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

46 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Are you an iconoclast?

oh, you'll probably number me with such, OldSchool.  Just seek the Lord my friend......He isn't found within a temple made by human hands.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, Butero said:

unless you are doing it in front of someone that will be offended.

A tangent from the op/title/thread yet also pertinent if it relates to what appears evil or is evil, eh? Maybe for this thread if the false gospel gets resolved/silenced later) .... or intertwined ?  < shrugs > Yahweh knows.... :)

Sort of like a gold nugget unexpectedly found .........

Guest shiloh357
25 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

I worship a triune God, and veneration is still a profound respect, not adoration. 

Worship is a synonym for veneration, as is adoration.

Guest shiloh357
16 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Venus?

The days of the week also came from Norse mythology, but using them today doesn't make me a Viking, does it?

Not the same thing, at all.  No one is honoring or worshiping a pagan god by using words like Monday, Wednesday, etc.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Davida said:

I disagree with both you and Butero. I think they were denouncing that Jesus was from God and saying that he was using the power of Satan instead to cast out devils. They had committed the unpardonable sin - they blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

Matt12:31 " For this reason I tell you, people will be forgiven for every sin and blasphemy, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven"

They did not think he was mentally ill, nor possessed in the regular sense because - since when are those who are possessed able to cast out devils in others? 

That is certainly part of the story Davida, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.  Though that isn't the part that we were talking about here.   However......Jesus Himself responded to them by saying if I cast out devils by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out.......so apparently He took it that that is what they were saying.....since they said he hath a devil (beelzebub).  What we were talking about was just another implication of that........beside Himself, not in His right mind.....ie, mentally ill, or insane I guess some might put it.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

Well, you are being misleading, as if I said something I didn't.  I did not say PRETENDING to cast out demons.

No,   you made a statement that demon possessed people cannot cast out demons.   That is misleading because people every day see with their own eyes demon possessed preachers cast out demons.

At least that is what they see.   They do not think someone is pretending to cast out demons - they really see and believe that the preacher is casting out demons. 

LIkewise the fake healings - if the people do not know better, they think the preacher is really and truly healing people.

You yourself have been tricked in similar ways in the past, before you knew better.   Most everyone has been tricked this way,  by false preachers with a false gospel,  many totally convinced themselves that demons are being cast out and that people are being healed.

Also,  it has happened ,  if you care to look further,  that witchdoctors (totally practicing witchdoctors),  in Africa and in China have cast out demons and have healed people and have raised people from the dead after they had been in the morgue for a week !

Everything done by hasatan and by the demons and by the false preachers is deceptive.   And it happens right before multitudes all over the world , and IN THE UNITED STATES ,  every day.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Butero said:

The Greek Dictionary I have at home is Strong's, and it is the one I trust the most for accuracy.  At the same time, I don't trust the Lexicon web-site, because I have seen them add things to the definition or the text that wasn't originally there.  I plan to look it up in that Dictionary when I get home, Lord willing of course.  

You can misjudge someone if you only look at the outward appearance, but those scriptures are not saying outward appearance doesn't matter.  They are just saying you can be fooled, like how the devil can come as an angel of light, or a wolf can come in sheep's clothing.  You also have the example of how tares can appear to be wheat.  You can't be sure someone is saved or not saved if all you look at is outward appearance, but that is as far as I take the verses you listed.  

BUTERO you GOT IT.   because the moment you said that .  several scrips with JESUS own words came to mind.

YOU aer they WHO APPEAR as RIGTEOUS on the outside............BUT ON THE INSIDE you are as tombs , the dead.

SEE they had the appearance of being righteous,  JUST as satan can appear as an angel of light,  but we know HE IS DARKNESS

well so too can his ministirs appear as men of righteousness. BUT JESUS SAID...................YE know them by their fruit.

Many have messed this STOP JUDGING on the outside thing to mean yOU don't know ther hearts while they sinning funny biz.

BUT IT NEVER MEANT that at all.   WHAT JESUS was saying about Judge not by outward appearance , was a WARNING

TO NOT be deceived just cause some can appear righteous with good works and teaching ,   WATCH em close , cause inwardly they full of sin

and it will SHOW , it will SHOW in their fruits and lies.   THEY can teach things that have truth, but they mix too.  and they can SAY DO, yet DO NOT .

FOR they even say JESUS is the ONLY WAY , some do,  and all the while they preach INTEFAITH TOO.   

Judge NOT by APPERANCE was a warning .  not a slogan the many have made it out to be , by saying it don't matter if they in SIN , STOP JUDGING you don't know their heart.

A FAT LIE .   A fat LIE .

Not what JESUS meant at all.   and the early church knew that , its why it had no problem correciting and doing so REAL fast.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

57 minutes ago, Butero said:

I regard the sacrifice they made for their faith, but I don't grant them sainthood.  I don't grant them anything.  I have no way of knowing for sure that every single name in that book was saved.  Only Jesus knows for sure because all judgement was left up to him.  I just recognize they were killed for their faith in Jesus Christ.  

Das ist sehr gut butero.    Exactly.     Even the angel which was far greater in might , told JOHN , Don't ya dare worship me , don't fall down before me

YOU WORSHIP GOD ONLY.     the catholics have been deceived.   YES I put emphasis on what was said.

They choose like many other pagan religions to commune with man, with angels in willfull worship.  FOR PRAYER IS WORSHIP.

And as paul once said........LET no man beguile you OF YOUR reward in a humitly and worshipping of angels.    Yet me thinks many a catholic

prays to angels too.    they exalt man.   What next Soothsayers , and nemoncrancers.      That church has failed the people.  But people are apponted

unto their hearts desires, so the CHURCH of ROME don't get all the blame.  ROME cant make ME pray to the dead, or etc.

THUS all who are OF HER..........well its what they wanted.    scary huh.     But a false prophet is also GODS judgment against the deceived.

He will give us the desires of our heart...........and if our desires be evil WOE be unto us, but HE will allow this to happen.   And if the prophet be decieved

I have DECIEVED that prophet.    and all who come to it.     OH yes this is real.  

not to mention how about a NEW test example also.     GOD, shall SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION to believe a lie .   those who rejected TRUTH and

desired pleasure in SIN , unrighteousness.       I truly believe many KNOW not the true IMAGE of GOD anymore .   only what preaches have said HE IS .