• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Because it bypasses Biblical guide lines

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (KJV)

[21] Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

1 John 4:1 (NKJV)

[4:1] Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. [2] By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, [3] and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

They don't know what their saying and there is no way to test this with the Word of God... that's enough for me to stay away from such!
No matter what it can be said- they are trusting their emotional response over the Word of God and God cannot be mocked for God has warned us of satan's tactics and methods

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 (NKJV)

[14] And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. [15] Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

God plainly states

2 Timothy 3:16 (NKJV)

[16] All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, [17] that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

So putting one's emotional assurances above this ... will they not answer to God for why >?<
Love, Steven

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Once again doubt raises its ugly head and cries against what is not understood.  Be wise and mature in the word, realizing that Satan can, and does, mock God.  God gives gifts and Satan will do his best to mock Gods gifts, planting the seed of doubt in the minds that do not understand and false gifts in those who are not seeking God, but gifts.

Didn't Satan tell Eve that God lied to them?  Didn't Satan say "You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."?  Satan knew how powerful doubt was and knew how strong the desire to have knowledge and to be wise is.  Satan loves to cause confusion, false beliefs, false gifts, lies, so he can point back to scripture and claim God lies.  Don't fall for his tricks.  Satan is still spreading his doubt today, mocks God, and causes confusion in the body, dividing the body by his cunning deception.  There are those who do have the gifts from God, and there are those who believe they have gifts, but do not.

Be mature enough to realize that blanket statements are mixtures of truth and a lies.  Allow His Spirit to discern what is from God and what is a lie. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,576
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

I've stumbled on some "speaking in tongues" videos. Most of them confirm that babbling tongues are frequent in Pentecostal churches.

Can someone read this and help discern what's happening at this church? My parents still go there.

The Ukrainian church I was forced to go to with my parents for 18 years, named the house of prayer, always had these 'tongue babblings'. I don't know if these were actual babblings or different languages. They didn't sound like other languages. Everyone's babblings seemed to sound the same. But doesn't the Holy Spirit only use the tongues to speak to others in their language? Not some heavenly language gibberish? From what I remember, they called it a prayer support from the Holy Spirit, like a prayer assistance to help prolong it. Now I'm starting to question if this was a demonic spirit entering people.  

For over 20 years of my life, I thought that was the real Holy Spirit working. I feel the periods where I left the church, I came closer to spiritual things, then later God. Was God's eye on me the whole time? Keeping me distant from the church's doctrine, until now where I attend a United reformed church? This is mind blowing right now. 

For the entire 18 years, I feel I learned nothing. Like my ears were shut. I learned the stories, about Jesus, Moses, etc. But I never understood the deeper meanings. I didn't even know the point of Jesus, that he died for us, which even sinners know. During 90% of the sermons, the second it started, my mind would blank out, until the second the sermon finished. Maybe it was my ignorance blocking out the sermon? Or was it divine intervention, closing my ears to the doctrines?

Some background: As the name of the church suggests, this church was heavy on prayer. Only vocal. Occasionally they had prayer days; church was open for 8 hours. People would come and pray for hours, vocally. There were 4-5 church services per week. It was structured with 3 sermons from 3 deacons and sometimes pastor. Each sermon about 30 minutes-1 hour. Each church service was 2-3 hours long. Monday's were prayer night, where focus was on prayer along side preaching. After each sermon they prayed for 5-10 minutes. All members pray together, not just pastor.

Experiences I witnessed: ∙Often the moment the pastor starts praying, within 1-10 seconds, he's already babbling. ∙Alter calls had people come out, stand on their knees, and pastor would come around putting hands on them praying. Sometimes they dabbed oil on peoples heads. ∙A couple of occasions, a female prophet would come. It was super weird. 5-10 minutes into a heavy loud prayer, everyone would go silent almost in unison, and the 'spirit' would speak vocally from her, in her own voice. She would tell the church the problems they had, like not enough love or whatever ∙I don't remember 100% if this happened, but a prophet said in our church of 150 members, only 2-4 would be saved. ∙A teenage guy during an alter call, was praying so hard, he said he was paralyzed for a time. Not like a car accident paralyzed, but having no body control. ∙A trusted members experience story was, his wife in another church during prayer, physically started levitating while praying. Not sure if I remember this one correctly, but it was either physically or in his dream. 80% sure it was physically. ∙One teenage girl often gets babblings, and during heavy prayers, she would scream in a weird way. Not like horror movie scream, but shouting bursts of babblings. ∙One deacon especially, but other members also, would pray so loud and forcefully, they were basically yelling to God. ∙Average prayers were really loud. People would cry passionately and desperately, especially women. Sometimes up to 30 minutes straight.

It seemed like a good church. They never had people running around or jumping during prayers. Some of the miracle stories seemed genuine. Like healing and whatnot. They dressed respectfully, no chewing gum, long dresses, no cellphones, etc. But everything else had me question. I never really felt peace in that church. It felt dead, without any presence.  

Christians are I suspect much harder on each other for the differences between each of us than is our Lord Jesus.

If you do not find comfort in the practices of a local body of Christ ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to another where you may find not so much  comfort but instead opportunity for good service in the name of your Lord and savior.

Do not seek to be entertained nor simply preached to,  instead try to find that niche that is your service to God to fill. - Then hang on for dear life, faithful to that service all the while being anchored at a local church, always remembering that the perfect church does not exist, or at least it ceased to be perfect the moment any one of us entered into it.

Hang on to the knowledge that  Jesus has had the Holy Spirit  comfort us,  and guide us to the local body  of Christ in which He will want us to serve Him, if we ask of the Holy Spirit to do so. Lord where can I be of service to you, should be the first and enduring question. Build upon that question and the answers you are led to by the Holy Spirit.

And never ever listen (very long anyway) to the commentary  of anyone that states they have no local church body that they find they can participate within! Pray for them, but do not take any counsel at all from such a person.  Each of us individually need be asking of the Holy Spirit for help, more than than we need to be sharing of disdain for various  local body's of Chrst Jesus.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1965

Hi I'm still pretty new here lot off catching up with the bible had been away from God for many years however please correct me if I'm wrong I don't have the bible verses etc I'm working on memory when the desipels received the gifts off the spirit speaking in tongues they went out side and preached the word in different tongues however there was many different sects visiting the place at that time and marvelled at hearing the word of God in there own language from what I remember there was about 13 different. Languages represented another time the apostle Paul had said he would prefer to speak one or two words in praise in his own language than 100 words in a tongue he didn't know 

3 hours ago, Sinbad said:

Hi I'm still pretty new here lot off catching up with the bible had been away from God for many years however please correct me if I'm wrong I don't have the bible verses etc I'm working on memory when the desipels received the gifts off the spirit speaking in tongues they went out side and preached the word in different tongues however there was many different sects visiting the place at that time and marvelled at hearing the word of God in there own language from what I remember there was about 13 different. Languages represented another time the apostle Paul had said he would prefer to speak one or two words in praise in his own language than 100 words in a tongue he didn't know 

There will be differing understanding, mostly born of our upbringing  when first born again. I will share of mine. I see two separate things I see speaking  and I see praying in the Spirit also by The Holy Spirit within a saint:

The disciples spoke in their own languages and were heard in the language of the recipents?

The disciples spoke multiple languages, or  regardless of language,  they were supernaturally heard in the language of each person within hearing distance so they  that each understood and knew that  there was something extraordinary going on. For each heard and understood the same speaker  even  in their own and different languages.

As to tongues in prayer or tongues in worship: 

I see the key need being edification of the entire gathered local body of Christ. It is orderly and it has meaning if interpreted and the interpretation holds up. Otherwise it is just enthusiasm without Godly good end result.

In prayer there may be praying in the spirit, just as there may be typing in the spirit, but there may also be the Holy Spirit praying, even  too deeply for words that are undertood- that is  in my understanding intercessionary prayer by the Holy Spirit for the person that is in the spirit and praying.

That's my take  on the subject. Many different understandings get championed. I have no strong quarrel long as the end result is doing all things in a manner that glorifies our Lord Jesus.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

So I found this verse, what do you think?

2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

I am not convinced. I believe that tongues have ceased 1 Corinthians 13:8.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

12 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am not convinced. I believe that tongues have ceased 1 Corinthians 13:8.

Did Prophecies fail or have you lost your knowledge?  IF you stand on 1 Corinthians 13:8 for your reason, then you have to accept the whole verse, not just tongues.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

23 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Did Prophecies fail or have you lost your knowledge?  IF you stand on 1 Corinthians 13:8 for your reason, then you have to accept the whole verse, not just tongues.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

True. Wrong verse. 1 Corinthians 14:1-3 But I do feel that there are many false prophets today. People who predict what is going to happen over the book of Revelation are wrong.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

The question we should ask is, why are the majority of tongues in Pentecostal churches? Is everyone else doing something wrong?

13And He declared to them, “It is written: ‘Myhouse will be called a house of prayer