IGNORED

Would having special services for Pastors or other members be considered Idolatry?

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Well I'm going to ask, do you attend a Christian church? Are you a member of a Christian church? Are you a regular attendee of a Christian church? Are you a born again Christian accepting of the triune nature of God?

I am looking for one now so that the few of us who do gather can attend one.   Due to I live in the bible belt of PROSPERITY CHURCHES here in texas,   YEAH its been

a no find even close so far.   But yeah I am a bible believing born again Christain who fully knows that God the WORD , SPIRIT are ONE.

the three are one.   I think some call it triune due to tri is three.

Neighbor you told me that you visit lots of good churches and I thought man this is so good.  Then when you brought on JOHN PIPER all iwanted to do was cry .

If you cant discern him for what he is,  then HOW on earth can I trust your judgement on what a good church is.  And I don't say that to condmen you in any way.

John piper , really.   I know you trying to help , I do understand that .    But I must tell you,   Just go back into the bible and really start reading it ALL over again.

I know you done said you have read it often.   By grace I do daily ,  but we need to stay IN IT and only in it and keep getting refreshed.

How can I trust your judgment of what you consider a good church ,IF you see not the error in John piper.  Neighbor if you even realized maybe you jumped

the gun on John piper , at least then I would see evidence of the holy spirit correcting you on this, and could consider some other options of churches you offer.

But john piper,  I would understand if perhaps you might have said one that is not so clearly identified as false.   But john piper.

When I asked you the other day about other leaders, who you discern as true or not.  You never answered me.   that worried me , even before you brought John piper

to the group.   IF you cant discern an obvious false wolf like piper or Copeland or benny hinn, or scores of them on tbn.   Then you need to really go back to GOD

in prayer ask for discernment and read the bible hours just enjoying it for a long while .

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

Are you a member of a Church? Do you support your local Church? do you serve there and use your gifts to edify the body of believers within that assembly?  do you forsake assembling together with other believers? fyi, the internet is not assembling together.

I keep in touch with a few pastors in denomiations that most hate.    Anabaptist. 

these few I have not got to hear them preach as of yet.   But I do ask them questions and they answer far better than most.    I had forgotten these when I said

I have only seen false ones.    They are right , maybe a misunderstanding on a thing or two, but that is more eschatology.

which of course I understand that is not something I separate my company out from.  LEST they are adding to or taking from the book of revealtions.

I will gather with post , mid or pre trib , IF that is the only differences we had.   but when the difference are outright not keeping what jesus said

and teaching to omit it .   I aint keeping company with those , if they wont repent of their error.  

Now, since you all seem so loving and caring about my situation ,  anyone want to bring the solution  of a proper church they deem is good

instead of attacking me for my not finding one .   I think we need to try and really help one another .   

Most think I am looking for a perfect church.  that assumption would be dead wrong.  

I am looking for one that teaches perfect doctrine.  FOR that is what is going to BUILD the church up.  

IF any leader or teacher, does not know the simple things I do.  THEN they got no business teaching.

ALL should be well seasoned in HOLY SCRIPS long before they even step up to that plate.  THIS is why so many churches have fallen.

You get men up their , and they were never ready to teach to begin with.   THUS they teach some truth , and they teach some carnal reasonings.  THIS

will not build no church up.   PURE DOCTRINE will.     not mix, PURE .   and before any thinks this aint possible. IT IS.

IF a wee thing like me , KNOWS JESUS sayings and loves them , ANYONE can .    FOR its GOD who reveals truth alone .

He does so by others in the Spirit as well.  Their are also just plain flat out wolves in wool teaching dung .

Repeat, I know the churches wont be perfect.   REPEAT but the DOCTRINE MUST be in order to BUILD THEM UP.

and I care not who judges me for this .   I stand before GOD , not men.  

Just now, Davida said:

I asked questions , that to you is that an attack?  that must make two-way conversations rather trying.  :P   :rolleyes:

DID NOT SAY YOU WERE THE ONE ATTACKING .  I said others hate this group.  most hate them.

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

DID NOT SAY YOU WERE THE ONE ATTACKING .  I said others hate this group.  most hate them.

And often I get attacked for this.    We have all assumed wrong on the internet about the intentions of ones words.

Remember even you when we first met came after me for what I said.  Due to you had assumed something.    Which , however, when you said

what you did about continuous bible reading ................all I could do was rejoice.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Anyone who has a part of a Ministry should never reply in a way that  is haughty, defensive, prideful or angry. That is not what God wants for those who teach us His Word. It is not a good reflection on the man who is the "man of the cloth".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I am always amused at people who look down their self-righteous snoots at churches and pretend that they are just too spiritual to rub shoulders with other Christians at church and of course, it's the pastor's fault.   If pastor doesn't drive a broken down car, isn't dressed in rags and doesn't subsist on beans and water every day, then he isn't humble enough for those who think it is their job to sit in judgment on him. 

For every 1 pastor who heads up a wealthy mega-church, there are 1,000's of others whose churches don't pay them a salary and they have to word a 40 hour week and juggle a job, pastoring and family life.    Those who just can't go to church because they allegedly can't find a pastor they "respect"  are simply using that as a pretext or a smokescreen for the fact that they are just too lazy to get up on Sunday morning and go to Church.

Are you a Pastor shiloh?

Do you care to reply shiloh?

Perfect doctrine builds the church.  but any mix will destroy it .

It has got so bad today, that I have heard one say , well IF a prophet gets a prophecy eighty percent right , AMEN.

AWRONG , I say.   this is the madhouse we are in today.    And I am simply looking for a church whose leaders LOVE CHRIST

and if they LOVE HIM ,they don't twist his sayings . THEY LIVE THEM and teach others to do the same.  THEY look out for the flock

above themselves.  THEY Exist , I have no doubt on this.    The doctrine must be pure and perfect .    Everything else falls right into place.

People in error would be corrected, built up , the church looked out for .  To be a church that follows ONLY CHRIST .

As I said I don't look for no perfect peoples in the church ,  they had errors in the early churches , they will in these.

BUT TRUE MEN like paul, peter, james , and others......TAUGHT pure doctrine, which ensured the people would be corrected, WOULD mature.

THOSE are the simple leaders the churches need again.   that pattern , for that pattern was FROM CHRIST himself.

I don't look for perfect churches.............but I sure wont sit UNDER any leader who teaches error.   HOW dangerous for me that would be.

And yes , before any asks,  DID I ever even try to correct the leaders.   I did.   I did so in PRIVATE , I did so through the bible.

I did so calmly .   NONE WOULD hear .   and I mean the basic simple errors that a almost new born babe should know NOT TO DO.

these men could not say I was wrong.  Yet they would not heed a thing .   I wont sit in a church that sees gay marriage as good. HOW ignorant .

NOR will I sit in a church that wont honor CHRISTS sayings about marriage , remarriage, self defense , swearing , not storing up prosperity .

NOR a church that teaches that all inclusive bear hug for world peace.   that too was in many of them.  they preached

to just go out , hang out with muslims , gays , don't correct , just do good works , hug , be a family , show gods love type.

WHAT DUNG.   how will a muslm be saved IF HE STAYS a muslim ,   and none corrects.

The all inclusive is a lie .   and sadly most are falling under it more and more .    The early church didn't start as a big money pumping machine.

SO I see , that any who desires CHRIST and follows Him , can IF , IF they are well seasoned , not novices , they can start their own churches

cause I wont sit under IMPERFECT doctrine from leaders who refuse correction.  And my message aint difficult.

ITS SIMPLE............LOVE JESUS means LOVE HIS SAYINGS and keep them , not twist or omit them.  NOW how simple is that .

And I aint saying I will be the leader of that church either.   I will simply do as the SPIRIT leads.

WHO ever Loves Christ and has been born again will follow only the lamb .   and they will meet , whether its few or many.

and their was no big theological symenary for elders or deacons .   the symernary back then was.......KNOW THY SCRIPTURES WELL TIMOTHY and others

AND Teach others who are faithful so they can teach others.    real simple .   BIBLE one O ONE.  is all we need for the church.   man has destroyed

and made confusion ,   What CHRIST had made simple .    And that is the pattern we must return too.  

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

12 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Anyone who has a part of a Ministry should never reply in a way that  is haughty, defensive, prideful or angry. That is not what God wants for those who teach us His Word. It is not a good reflection on the man who is the "man of the cloth".

How would you know ?   Who have you been listening to for the last ten years (what "pastor" or "teaching" ) ?