• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

5 hours ago, hmbld said:

Being I remember sermons referencing “books”, I looked up several commentaries, they seem to agree with what Sister as written here.  Not saying they have any authority, just that they agree with my memory of a few sermons I have listened to. 

That may be out there in sermons but it's not in Scripture. From biblehub:

The Final Judgment
11Then I saw a great white throne and the One who sat on it. The earth and the heavens fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne. And there were open books, and one of them was the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds.…

Cross References

Daniel 7:10
"A river of fire was flowing And coming out from before Him; Thousands upon thousands were attending Him, And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him; The court sat, And the books were opened.

Luke 10:20
Nevertheless, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Revelation 3:5
Like them, the one who is victorious will be clothed in white garments. And I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father and His angels.

Revelation 20:15
And if anyone was found whose name was not written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Scripture only mentions the Book of Life, that our names must be written there, it does not tell us there is a 'book of the damned'.  You are damned if you're not in the Book of life.  Other books simply detail actions and deeds apparently.  No Scripture requires us to address each other by name either.  Putting unbiblical stuff like this out there can really confuse new believers.  One should not stretch or change Scripture.

Hi Morning Glory

Did you read the scripture I quoted?

Revelation 20:12   And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

What are those "books" that are opened?  They must be our own personal books containing all our deeds.  This judgement is different for all those not in the first resurrection.  It's a harsher judgement.  We all have angels recording what we do daily, and will present what is written in these books on the day of judgement to the Lord.  Christ offers us another way,...to pass this judgement, and have all this blotted out, the recordings of our sins.

Also I already explained that the book of the damned was just my expression. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

That may be out there in sermons but it's not in Scripture. From biblehub:

The Final Judgment
11Then I saw a great white throne and the One who sat on it. The earth and the heavens fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne. And there were open books, and one of them was the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds.…

Cross References

Daniel 7:10
"A river of fire was flowing And coming out from before Him; Thousands upon thousands were attending Him, And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him; The court sat, And the books were opened.

Luke 10:20
Nevertheless, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Revelation 3:5
Like them, the one who is victorious will be clothed in white garments. And I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father and His angels.

Revelation 20:15
And if anyone was found whose name was not written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Nevertheless, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven

Dear sister the not doing this has destroyed many people.    PRIDE got them and destroyed them,  ITS why JESUS warned and reminded about this to them.

Most just rejoice in the power and gifts and see themselves as something great and pride just destroyes them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Nevertheless, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven

Dear sister the not doing this has destroyed many people.    PRIDE got them and destroyed them,  ITS why JESUS warned and reminded about this to them.

Most just rejoice in the power and gifts and see themselves as something great and pride just destroyes them.

Look at how perfect satan was created , BUT HE BECAME ENAMOURED with his own beauty.  well so have many .   PRIDE was the condemnation of the devil

so too with many today.  with many.  we have to look out for each other too.    Keep on in sound doctrine , in exhorting the wholesome words of Christ and the letters

of the apostels and just keep one another edified .   

• Thumbs Up 3

33 minutes ago, Sister said:

Hi Morning Glory

Did you read the scripture I quoted?

Revelation 20:12   And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

What are those "books" that are opened?  They must be our own personal books containing all our deeds.  This judgement is different for all those not in the first resurrection.  It's a harsher judgement.  We all have angels recording what we do daily, and will present what is written in these books on the day of judgement to the Lord.  Christ offers us another way,...to pass this judgement, and have all this blotted out, the recordings of our sins.

Also I already explained that the book of the damned was just my expression. 

I don't read each and every post, no time, so no I didn't see where you said it was just an expression.  I hope you make that clear for anyone reading who might not know..  And yes, I did read the Scripture you posted.l  I'm just a stickler for concise language, especially when it's Scripture.

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

No idea what you're trying to say here.

34 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Look at how perfect satan was created , BUT HE BECAME ENAMOURED with his own beauty.  well so have many .   PRIDE was the condemnation of the devil

so too with many today.  with many.  we have to look out for each other too.    Keep on in sound doctrine , in exhorting the wholesome words of Christ and the letters

of the apostels and just keep one another edified .   

Yeah, posting Scripture IS edification.  Still don't know what you're trying to say.    I said nothing about Lucifer.

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Dear Sister,

I have nothing to say

Sincerely,

Yowm

Dear Yowm

Thats ok brother.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I don't read each and every post, no time, so no I didn't see where you said it was just an expression.  I hope you make that clear for anyone reading who might not know..  And yes, I did read the Scripture you posted.l  I'm just a stickler for concise language, especially when it's Scripture.

Hello again MorningGlory

Ok, I will make this clear.  When I used my own expression "the book of the Damned", I picture it like this.

We know there is the Lambs book of life.  All who inherit the kingdom, their names will be recorded in this, ...then there's the final White Throne Judgement.  In this judgement they will be judged according to the books (plural).  There are many books containing all our deeds, nothing will be hidden or missed, so I see this as our own special books that we will be judged by, with all our own works recorded good and bad.  Now in this judgement, all our deeds will be weighed out and balanced.  If we are found wanting and the scales tip to the left, then our names go into another book - all the names reserved for the lake of fire.  This is the final list after judgement, and what I call the book of the damned.  There will definately be a list.  If the scale tips more to the right, then into the Lambs book of life their names will go.  In the end there are only two books that really matter, but there is a process in between where our own books will be presented and in this judgement we are judged out of that.

14 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Dear Sister,

It just struck me, was that discourteous of you by not signing off with your name?

Thanks,

Yowm

(LOL)

Dear Yowm

I said nothing about signing off with our name, but just with an initial greeting, ...like starting off the conversation with a little warmth and closeness.