• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

You make a good point, Gerioke, and Jesus did drink wine.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

My whole problem with this notion of it being okay to drink centers around the issue of it being a stumbling block to others. Let me first say that I would not condemn someone who does have an occasional drink in their home or whatever. That's not my place and that is between them and God. This is what I have learned, however and what God has laid on my heart with regards to this issue. The verses about being a stumbling block really lay heavy on my heart. You see, for me, it's not just a matter of not drinking in front of someone who is an alcoholic. It also involves my witness when I go to the store to purchase it, my witness when someone comes over and sees it in my pantry etc. The way I see it is, the world is one big witnessing opportunity. How can I, by purchasing or consuming alcohol, take a risk on losing my credibility as a child of the King? Let's face it, the world is hard on us. We should be set apart. Not holier than thou but set apart. I just feel that even the slightest possibility of tarnishing my witness isn't worth a drink. I don't want to be the one walking into church and sitting by the visitor who sold me beer the night before.

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
My whole problem with this notion of it being okay to drink centers around the issue of it being a stumbling block to others.  Let me first say that I would not condemn someone who does have an occasional drink in their home or whatever.  That's not my place and that is between them and God.  This is what I have learned, however and what God has laid on my heart with regards to this issue.  The verses about being a stumbling block really lay heavy on my heart.  You see, for me, it's not just a matter of not drinking in front of someone who is an alcoholic.  It also involves my witness when I go to the store to purchase it, my witness when someone comes over and sees it in my pantry etc.  The way I see it is, the world is one big witnessing opportunity.  How can I, by purchasing or consuming alcohol, take a risk on losing my credibility as a child of the King?  Let's face it, the world is hard on us.  We should be set apart.  Not holier than thou but set apart.  I just feel that even the slightest possibility of tarnishing my witness isn't worth a drink.  I don't want to be the one walking into church and sitting by the visitor who sold me beer the night before.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhh nice very nice . Praise the Lord!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Questions i've always had so don't get mad at me.

what is the line between Dunk and not drunk? And isn't just being alittle light headed drunk? and if its not then what is it?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

I think once you are feeling light-headed, you are not drunk, but that is your body telling you that you are spilling over the point where it can't keep up with your intake, and it's time to back off a bit.

When my wife and I go out, we drink beer. I can drink quite a bit before I notice the effects, but when I start to, I just switch to soda or something. I never drink to the point where I'm not in control of myself. That's where you cross the line. Moderation is the key. Everyone knows when they are nearing their own limit. When you get to that point, just give it a rest. :whistling:

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
I think once you are feeling light-headed, you are not drunk, but that is your body telling you that you are spilling over the point where it can't keep up with your intake, and it's time to back off a bit.

When my wife and I go out, we drink beer. I can drink quite a bit before I notice the effects, but when I start to, I just switch to soda or something. I never drink to the point where I'm not in control of myself. That's where you cross the line. Moderation is the key. Everyone knows when they are nearing their own limit. When you get to that point, just give it a rest.  :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Corona ? or Bud ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

Corona ? or Bud ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bud Lite Bro! (gotta watch my figure y'know!) :whistling::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/04/1980

But even doctors agree that a glass of wine a day is good for your body.

Edited by toddlermom

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

My whole problem with this notion of it being okay to drink centers around the issue of it being a stumbling block to others.  Let me first say that I would not condemn someone who does have an occasional drink in their home or whatever.  That's not my place and that is between them and God.  This is what I have learned, however and what God has laid on my heart with regards to this issue.  The verses about being a stumbling block really lay heavy on my heart.  You see, for me, it's not just a matter of not drinking in front of someone who is an alcoholic.  It also involves my witness when I go to the store to purchase it, my witness when someone comes over and sees it in my pantry etc.  The way I see it is, the world is one big witnessing opportunity.  How can I, by purchasing or consuming alcohol, take a risk on losing my credibility as a child of the King?  Let's face it, the world is hard on us.  We should be set apart.  Not holier than thou but set apart.  I just feel that even the slightest possibility of tarnishing my witness isn't worth a drink.  I don't want to be the one walking into church and sitting by the visitor who sold me beer the night before.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I pretty much feel the same way. I think of what Paul writes in Romans about food. Let me find it.........Ah! Romans 14:5-6

Romans 14:5-6 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I know exactly what you mean Katie :rolleyes: . Good example of something else to consider. I would also imagine it might be a difficult subject for parents. How do you tell your kids/teens not to drink if you keep it in the house or drink out? I think parents should lead by example. This isn't really a cut and dry issue is it? :(