Annette443pink

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

What do you think about how a woman dresses? Does it matter? If so, what should she wear?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Did you ever noticed that some of womens lib has rubbed off on the women in the church these days? There are more opinions on God's women these days than Carter has little liver pills. So, I will not give an opinion, but go to the source, the infallable Word of God. Here is what He says on the subject.

"...that women adorn themselves in modest apparel..." 1Tim 2:9 KJV

"...also that women shold adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel..." 1Tim. 2:9 RSV

"I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety..."

1Tim.2:9 NIV

Looks like each "version" is pretty much in agreement.

Looked up modest in Websters. Here is what it says.

"...unpretentious; chaste, decent; humble."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Women should beable to wear what ever they want as long as they don't look like a prostitute or like a stripper. I know some women who hardly wear anything and then they get mad when guys stare at them. Hello? Are you serious? I dress very nice and I wear shapely clothes, tasteful clothes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/13/1973

I agree with you Constant.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

there should be classes or at least a seminar for men and women, as to what is acceptable and not acceptable...

I am not talking about some one that is just visiting, or has just become a Christian for they do not know.....

if a woman is sitting on stage, or in the chior or doing anything in the ministry, where they maybe facing the congregation while sitting, they should not wear a skirt or dress that comes above the knee while sitting..... they should also not wear anything that is so tight that it shows every curve or outline of their body, but be loose fitting, and not cut low for a top or cut high for a skirt, and no belly showing even when the hands are raised above the head.....

for men...... THERE IS NOTHING MORE GROSS THEN THE BACK SIDE PEAKING OUT WHEN YOU ARE KNEELING OR ANYTHING ELSE.....

for all

COVER THY SELF ! ! ! !

my wife as a check list for women and it is not keeping women from being fashionable, but is keeping them modest.....

I will see if i can locate that article...

mainly, people need to dress in such a way that they are not offensive or provoking or tempting to other people....

if i dress in a way that is not exposing anything, but causes some one else to be tempted or to cause them to sin, i am responsible for causing that sin, unless i have taken appriate messures to dress modestly....

mike

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
there should be classes or at least a seminar for men and women, as to what is acceptable and not acceptable...

I am not talking about some one that is just visiting, or has just become a Christian for they do not know.....

if a woman is sitting on stage, or in the chior or doing anything in the ministry, where they maybe facing the congregation while sitting, they should not wear a skirt or dress that comes above the knee while sitting.....  they should also not wear anything that is so tight that it shows every curve or outline of their body, but be loose fitting, and not cut low for a top or cut high for a skirt, and no belly showing even when the hands are raised above the head.....

for men......  THERE IS NOTHING MORE GROSS THEN THE BACK SIDE PEAKING OUT WHEN YOU ARE KNEELING OR ANYTHING ELSE..... 

for all

COVER THY SELF ! ! ! !

my wife as a check list for women and it is not keeping women from being fashionable, but is keeping them modest.....

I will see if i can locate that article...

mainly, people need to dress in such a way that they are not offensive or provoking or tempting to other people....

if i dress in a way that is not exposing anything, but causes some one else to be tempted or to cause them to sin, i am responsible for causing that sin, unless i have taken appriate messures to dress modestly....

mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Mr Mike,

I would hardly think that this current post of yours would change the minds of woman wearing skirts slightly above the knee.

I think Constant summed it up best .

Women should be abble to wear what ever they want as long as they don't look like a prostitute or like a stripper. I know some women who hardly wear anything and then they get mad when guys stare at them. Hello? Are you serious? I dress very nice and I wear shapely clothes, tasteful clothes.

[Constant aka Mrs Marine aka Lady Body Builder]

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/05/1969

This post sure did take the stress off, now after all these years being a christian finally i know how to dress. :(

Seriously i feel the Lord will let you know and if anyone is not dressing decent man or woman. There is a bigger issues to deal with.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

[quote name='Bro David

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Most of us are familiar with...

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

As Believers to a certain extent we have to think about what we wear and why we wear it..this particularly applies to woman because of the nature of the sexes.

All things are lawful/allowable...but not all things are expedient.

This does not mean women should be dowdy or frumpy at all...but it means they need to be a little bit sensitive as to what is provocative and understand that the fashion world and current trends in clothing amongst friends do not subject themselves to godly discipline. :(