• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, Sister said:

missmuffet

Thank you for your lovely reply once again.

You are welcome Sister.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Now I believe God`s word and God say `epi` which is firstly OVER (the earth). You know quite well we cannot base any doctrine on one scripture, so you would have to show other scriptures that show we are ON the earth. There are none, as you well know.  Whereas there are many scriptures to show that we are in the third heaven with Christ on His OWN THRONE, as He tells us.S

We are not talking about a doctrine; we are talking about how a word is translated in a particular verse.   You said that epi means over in Rev. 5:10.   The Bible and every translation of it, says the word means "on" in that verse.

Why should anyone trust what you say, when no one who translates or knows Greek agrees with you?

You have provided NO Scripture that says that we reign in Heaven.   The Scriptures you do provide have nothing to do with that topic.  None of the epistles address that topic, but you quote passages from the epistles that you try to force that meaning upon.   You have NEVER posted any Scripture that you don't take out of context.

We know that the Lord will raise up a man named David to be regent in Israel in the Millennium while the Lord Jesus Christ will rule & reign from His seat of Power & Authority in the third heaven. The greater always rules over the lesser, as you well know.

The Bible does not say that at all.    Ezekiel 40-48 locates Jesus' throne on earth.   It does not say that Jesus will rule from Heaven.   Revelation 20 and all of the OT references that corroborate it, teach that Jesus will reign on earth as Israel's Messiah.  

Once again, I am just going to believe the Bible instead of you.

You are the one with the `new doctrine` for Christians have always known and believed that they will go to heaven, NOT come back to this sin-stricken earth. Absolutely heresy, bro!!!!

Actually, my eschatology is pretty mainstream and most Christians leaders and prophecy teachers adhere to the view I espouse.  You are the only person I know that has this ridiculous idea that Jesus will reign from heaven during the millennium.  

And BTW, you might want to consult a theological dictionary before throwing around words like "heresy."  Need to know what words mean when you use them.

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

56 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Hi Shiloh,

The doctrine is  `that we the believers are on earth in the millennium.` Now all you ever do is attack me and never have any scriptures to back up what you are saying. So far you have only produced Ez. 40 - 48 which shows that it is the glory of the God of Israel, which fills the inner court, saying that it is the place of his authority and the place of the soles of His feet, (earth being His footstool. Isa. 66: 1)

`And behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east. His voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shone with His glory. It was like the appearance of the vision which I saw - like the vision which I saw when he came to destroy the city. The visions were like the vision which I saw by the River Chebar; and I fell on my face.

And the glory of the Lord came into the temple by way of the gate which faces towards the east. The Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of the Lord filled the temple.

Then I heard him speaking to me from the temple, while a man stood beside me. And he said to me, "Son of man, this is the place of my throne, (authority) and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever....` (Ez. 43: 2 - 7)

It seems you would have us believe that the Lord in the inner chamber will be in there forever and ever!!!!! Of course not. it is His GLORY, that will rest there, making the whole mountaintop most holy. (Ez. 43: 12) The reference to the soles of His feet, indicate that the earth is His footstool as the prophet Isaiah tells us.

So where is/are these scriptures saying that the Lord will be ON the earth during the millennium!!!

Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Quasar,

You may like to read what I wrote to Shiloh as my response.

Marilyn.

You labor under false pretenses according to the Scriptural facts fully supporting the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ on earth, that refute you:

THE MILLENNIAL REIGN OF CHRIST ON EARTH:

The Millennial Kingdom is derived from the Latin words (mile), meaning "one thousand" and annim, meaning "year". This kingdom takes place immediately following the physical return of the Messiah Jesus Christ to earth. We don't know very much about this time. If one follows a literal translation of the scripture, one can expect this time or age to last 1000 years.

Does this mean the Kingdom has to be exactly 1,000 years? There are instances in Scripture where large numbers like this were rounded off and used simply to designate a very, very long period of time (e.g., Psalms 90:4, 105:8).(1)

The Reshaping Of Israel:

One of the purposes of the 1000 year earthly kingdom of Christ will be to vindicate His chosen people Israel before the eyes of all nations. There will probably be another yet to be created temple. This would be the temple that Ezekiel envisioned in chapters 40-48. Although the size of this new temple will be much larger than any temple ever built, tribulation prophecies predict a reshaping of this geographical area with earthquakes and other events.

Consider Zechariah 14:4

And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

Since the Messiah will rule as king over all the world it is not unreasonable to believe that Ezekiel's temple is a literal temple and the boarders and boundaries of Jerusalem will be greatly increased (to maybe 40 miles in circumference) under the kingship of Messiah.

Messiah As King:

King-of-Kings-3We do know that Jesus will reign from Jerusalem as the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. His political authority will be respected (Daniel 2:35, Isaiah 11:4). At this time the kingdom of God will be fully realized on earth. Messiahs' Kingship will be characterized by righteousness and justice. The center of his government will be in Jerusalem (Isa. 2:3). Messiah as King was for told by Isaiah in one of the best known prophecies Unto Us A Child Is Born (Isaiah 9:6).

A Time Of Peace:

Israel will live in a time of unprecedented peace as the prophecy says in Isaiah 2:4 And He will judge between the nations, And will render decisions for many peoples; And they will hammer their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, And never again will they learn war.

Other bible verses that talk about the peace that this kingdom will bring include Isaiah 11:5-9, Isaiah 55:25 and Micah 4:3.

One of the names for the Messiah is The Prince Of Peace.

Med-Messianic-SealOther Characteristics Of Messiah's Millennial Kingdom:

Joy (Isa. 9-3-4), Glory (Isa. 24:23), Justice (Isa. 9:7), Full knowledge (Isa. 11:1-2), Instruction and learning (Isa. 2:2-3). Longevity of age (Isa. 65:20) and Harmony in the animal kingdom (Isa.11:6-9 and 65:25).

Also during this millennial kingdom the removal of the curse of the land along with the elimination of sickness can be expected. (Isa 11:6-9 and 33:24).

Scriptural Support For A Millennial Kingdom:

(Old Testament)"I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a King-of-Kings-4Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him. "And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, That all the peoples, nations, and men of every language Might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion Which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one Which will not be destroyed. (Daniel 7:13-14)

Several traditional Jewish commentators including Rashi recognizes this as the Messiah and the beginning of the Messianic kingdom.

Zechariah 13:1 may describe the Millennial Kingdom.

Reference can also be found in Zechariah 14:20-21.

(New Testament)

Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:6)

"He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever; and His kingdom will have no end. " (Luke 1:32-33)

Millennial Temple:

It is believed that the Messiah will build another temple, a Millennial Temple to allow worship including memorial sacrifices during this 1000 year kingdom.

Tell him this is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the LORD. It is he who will build the temple of the LORD, and he will be clothed with majesty and will sit and rule on his throne. And he will be a priest on his throne. And there will be harmony between the two.' (Zechariah 6:12-13).

This may also be the temple that some believe is referenced indirectly in Isaiah 2:3.

Inhabitants Of The Kingdom:

Who will live during the Millennium Kingdom? Some believe that Daniel 12:1-2,13 offers support for the Old Testament Saints being resurrected and living during this time. This would agree with Christian theology that teaches some will be resurrected at the time of The Rapture and return with Jesus. Although Christians believe that only those who knew Christ will take part in this resurrection, the bible makes it clear that several Old Testament Saints "looked forward" to a time when the Messiah would come. The prophets talked about it, Moses predicted it and I am sure at least part of Israel believed in it.

Along with the Old Testament Saints will be believers in Jesus who were raptured (also known as the church). The kingdom will also be made up of Tribulation Saints both Jew and Gentile. These saints are made up of those who put their faith in Messiah Jesus after the rapture, during the Tribulation Period.

The Law During The Millennial Kingdom:

What will be the ruling law during the Millennium? The covenant that will be in place is the same covenant that is already in place for believers in the Messiah. The New Covenant promised in Jer. 31:31. This covenant allows for the Messiah to be King of all Kings, with God's true purpose and desires for us to be written in our hearts, not on a scroll or in a book. It may include things that will pay tribute to the Messiah and all of His accomplishments. Will there be a sacrificial system instituted? Please read Will Animal Sacrifices Be Reinstated During The Millennial Kingdom? 

Our desire to do right over wrong will be the norm along with loving your neighbor as one loves themselves. Out of this genuine desire to do good will come a lifestyle that is pleasing to the Lord, regardless of what it consists of.

Some biblical feast like the Feast of Tabernacles may still be celebrated, probably by looking back and appreciating the accomplishments of the Messiah, our redeemer. who will be dwelling with us during the Millennium. Many interpret Zech. 14:15-19 to teach that during the Millennial Kingdom reign of Messiah, any nation or family that fails to come to Jerusalem to observe Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) will receive no rain for their lands.

Cities of Refuge: Three New Cities of Refuge? There may be three cities of refuge established when the millennial Kingdom is here. This is based on the idea that Deut. 19-7-9 talk about these cities and expanded borders for Israel. Since Israels final borders have not been expanded yet it is believed that with these final borders these three cities of refuge will also be established.

Maimonides supports this view. (Hilkhot Rotze’ah u-Shmirat ha-Nefesh, 8.4):(2)

Source: http://www.jewishroots.net/library/end-times/millennial-kingdom.htm

Quasar93

l

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Quasar,

You may like to read what I wrote to Shiloh as my response.

Marilyn.

Greetings Marilyn,

The fallen angels you refer to from Gen.6, have nothing whatever to do with Satan's angels, recorded in Rev.12:7.  The fallen angels are those who left their first estate in heaven to to take the daughters of men to be wives.  The offspring they had were the Nephilim/giants as a result.  Those angels were called the sons of God, without a doubt, some of Satan's also.  Whom God cast into prison , in darkness, until the day of judgment.  Hence, there is no way they could be the same angels who are prophecied to be cast to the earth with Satan, in Rev.12:7.

Quasar93

Edited by Quasar93

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

You have provided NO Scripture that says that we reign in Heaven.   The Scriptures you do provide have nothing to do with that topic.  None of the epistles address that topic, but you quote passages from the epistles that you try to force that meaning upon.  

Hi Shiloh,

I see you try and cover yourself by saying `none of the epistles address that topic.` So are you telling me that the Holy Spirit who gave the Apostle Paul the whole counsel  of God omitted that detail of where the Body of Christ will be in the Millennium? I think not dear bro.

The Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul says - `For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God.` (Acts 20: 27) 

These are some of the scriptures that address where we, the Body of Christ will be - (I have posted these before)

1. 1 Peter 1: 3 - 5 `Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has gotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.`

2.  Hebrews 12: 22 & 23 `But you have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God, the judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect.`

Marilyn.

4 minutes ago, Quasar93 said:

Greetings Marilyn,

The fallen angels you refer to from Gen.6, have nothing whatever to do with Satan's angels, recorded in Rev.12:7.  The fallen angels are those who left their first estate in heaven to to take the daughters of men to be wives.  The offspring they had were the Nephilim/giants as a result.  Those angels were called the sons of God, without a doubt, some of Satan's also.  Whom God cast into prison , in darkness, until the day of judgment.  Hence, there is no way they could be the same angels who are prophecied to be cast to the earth with Satan, in Rev.12:7.

Quasar93

Hi Quasar,

I don`t believe that view of the fallen angels as God never made angels with the ability to procreate.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Quasar,

I don`t believe that view of the fallen angels as God never made angels with the ability to procreate.

Marilyn.

I support Quasar's theology on this. Angels can make appear in human physical form which would make them able to procreate.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Quasar93 said:

Hi Quasar,

Lots there to agree on dear bro, however not this part -

Also during this millennial kingdom the removal of the curse of the land along with the elimination of sickness can be expected. (Isa 11:6-9 and 33:24).

Let`s actually look at what God`s word says -

`..They shall not hurt nor destroy IN ALL MY HOLY MONTAIN.` (Isa. 11: 9)

`Look upon Zion, the city of appointed feasts; your eyes will see Jerusalem.....and the inhabitant (of Jerusalem) will not say. "I am sick." (Isa. 33: 20 & 24)

So we see that it is only in Jerusalem and on Mt Zion where the glory of the Lord rests that these things will happen.

Marilyn.

Just now, missmuffet said:

I support Quasar's theology on this. Angels can make appear in human physical form which would make them able to procreate.

Hi missmuffet,

It is only the appearance not the physical form, which I really doubt they can do, except possess some one & then of course it is that human who can procreate NOT the possessing demon. You are going way beyond any scripture there sis, and even Shiloh would not agree with you!

Marilyn.