• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I agree with the above but obsessing about the celebrations of others is not the way to go.  Christmas is a secular holiday, like the 4th of July or Thanksgiving, and it's not the worshipping idols or any of that.  We have to divide Scripture correctly and set our minds on what is important.  I don't believe that December 25th is Christ's birthday and never have.  I celebrate Him EVERY day.

Wrong .  I say this kindly but you truly are not understanding how serious it is.     YOU are right Christmas is a secular holiday.

HOW often are we warned about not being a friend of the world.   of not partaking in things CONTRARY to GOD.   I aint talking about feasts or weddings or etc.

IF we be disposed to go we go.  We as CHRISTAINS need to avoid any pagan part of this said holiday.    Celebrate the birth of Christ , HONOR CHRIST alone

but to honor pagan is not HONORING CHRIST .   I don't go out telling unbelievers anything about Christmas.  THEY need to hear CHRIST , repent and THEN

they will have the ears to hear and eyes to see. BUT Christains are our duty to correct and build up.    FLEE any pagan part of it.

WHY is that so hard for you.   WHY is it so hard to let go .  Do you FEAR separation from family , do you fear being made fun of or mocked.   Fear of men is not good.

As I said I aint harping on unbelievers about they pratices with Christmas.  BUT BELEIVERS need to cease any part that contains pagan.  lies , evil .

We don't keep the bed defiled with evil.   And we don't partake of the cups of evil and good.   WE are to be HOLY and as such we must put behind us the evil

and live the good .    By the POWER of the risen Christ .    Now quit arguing about this.  I never said you cant celebrate Christmas,  I only said KEEP IT HOLY .

• Group:  Mars Hill

8 hours ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

If by Wiki you mean you pulled that off of Wikipedia, that is far from doing any form of research. Anyone can go to Wikipedia and edit as they wish, whatever they wish.

If you've done  any more research than that please submit it  and we will examine that together.  I am not here to push any agenda, but to supply the facts as I've found them and those I have submitted in this thread.

The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine (he was the first Christian Roman Emperor). A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on the 25th December.

Please be diligent in your search for factual history The idea of hand me downs was that Catholics took a already established pagan festival and renamed it  so they could imprint the idea of Christ into the public conscience. I have no clue why they didn't do it the old fashioned way of preaching the Gospel and letting the Holy Spirit do, but I guess they got impatient. This fact is not in question

http://www.history.com/topics/christmas/history-of-christmas

The origin of the Christmas tree

From your link there it

The last part of that was not from your link, but I mistakenly posted my response within the quotes I placed there.  From where I bolded Legend has it to the bottom is my response alone.

One day a thought came to me as I was reading something from Wikipedia.        What does pedia mean,  as in pediatrion.     Does it not mean child

and what does wiki ,  could it not mean wican.  believe me it was me just wondering where they found this name .  wican children.   yeah.   don't worry over it   .  I dont

I just thought it seemed odd was all. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You got that right  .  preachy people who warn out against the traditions of men are not welcome at all.    JESUS got no welcomes from the pharisees

who by their tradition MADE VOID the counsel OF GOD.

now let us say this one more time. GOD does care about this santa thing.  ITS A LIE , and HIS WORD clearly states all liars shall not inherit the Kingdom.

Yet mans traditions of lying to kids , saying their is a HUGE GODLIKE IDOL in the north pole that knows ALL,  they make santa as though GOD, and yet

we think this is harmless.   NO its very serious.    We cant make void GODS TRUTH to celebrate a lie created by men to honor a lie .  its a lie .

and thank you for the reminder.  I have long not been heard by many.    but did the majority follow Christ or the world.  so no suprises to me

when I choose to follow Him , that most wont have no company with me.    We got to armour up .   

I don't think I'd draw a paralel between you and Jesus.  You can't be serious. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

39 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

One day a thought came to me as I was reading something from Wikipedia.        What does pedia mean,  as in pediatrion.     Does it not mean child

and what does wiki ,  could it not mean wican.  believe me it was me just wondering where they found this name .  wican children.   yeah.   don't worry over it   .  I dont

I just thought it seemed odd was all. 

I looked up what wiki means and this is the explanation I got.  But where does the wiki in WikiLeaks & Wikipedia come from? Wiki was introduced into the lexicon by a computer programmer named Ward Cunningham in 1995 when he created collaborative software that he called WikiWikiWeb. Wiki is Hawaiian word which means “fast or quick.”

I think that the suffix pedia is just used like Encyclopedia

6 hours ago, Jaydog1976 said:

This discussion happens every single year and quite frankly it gets old pretty quick. My opinion is that observing or not observing Christmas is not required for salvation and it does not tear down the essential doctrines like the deity of Christ and others. Until it does I will observe Christmas. Yes I focus on Christ every day but one day a year to really focus on it is not a bad thing. 

Observe it or don't observe it. That choice is really up to each individual. There are valid arguments for both sides and this discussion really doesn't change anything nor does it really change anyone's opinion. But I guess you need a post like this so that those who oppose observing Christmas can have a sounding board to give their opinions. 

What matters to me is that we are open and honest about everything, so that we won't get shown up by those who lay traps for us.

We are tasked to spread the word of God and speak about our savior, Jesus Christ, but If a person asks about the history of Christmas to test the waters of our honesty and we give them information that they know is not correct, then to how much else does anyone think they will listen to us, beyond that?

I don't think much, if any at all.

Edited by Justmemyselfandi
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

14 minutes ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

I looked up what wiki means and this is the explanation I got.  But where does the wiki in WikiLeaks & Wikipedia come from? Wiki was introduced into the lexicon by a computer programmer named Ward Cunningham in 1995 when he created collaborative software that he called WikiWikiWeb. Wiki is Hawaiian word which means “fast or quick.”

WOW! this thread regarding Christmas has really gone down a rabbit trail. Wiki means fast or quick. Pedia means learning. It has nothing to do with wiccan.

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

WOW! this thread regarding Christmas has really gone down a rabbit trail. Wiki means fast or quick. Pedia means learning. It has nothing to do with wiccan.

This is not going down a rabbit hole. This is going off topic  and that was done previous to my response. I think the thread went South as soon as people began repeating themselves, since it revealed nothing new.

1 hour ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

That makes good sense.    Be blessed.   and let us praise the Lord.

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Dear sister .    It was just a thought.    What just me said actually just explained it .   

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

I don't think I'd draw a paralel between you and Jesus.  You can't be serious. 

You might have been the only one to have seen it that way.   Well,  by now I have plenty reminded us all.

As I have said I don't keep on keeping on if some don't want to hear , I just move on.    be blessed.

I suppose if people don't want correction or etc, then why on earth EVEN bring the topic Christmas up in the first place.

I notice folks do this every year.  and every year they gripe about the ones who come with any kind of correction.

If they don't want it,  don't bring the topic up.     Every year its the same thing .    LETS bring up Christmas to see who says what .

That is purposefully causing strife.   IF you know people are going to not agree,  why bring it up .     Cause any time one brings something

up that needs correcting and I or others spot it , we going to correct.   IF one don't desire this , don't bring it up .   That is simple enough.