• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Pudgenik said:

It is not for you or any of us to be so judgemental to any of those who fall. All can be saved. The only Judge is God, and God alone.

This may seem harsh .   I promise its not meant to.   But I refuse this advice.  I am not being judgmental.     TO each and all, I will warn when  see error.

But its onlycause I love .     And I will continue to relentlessly warn against this satanic devil all inclusive interfaith hug for world peace.  I shun it straight to hell.

I suppose you have to decide pudgnik.    AM I a real believer or of darkness.    You decide.  as for me,  onward in the trenches \with constant warnings and exhortations .

Be blessed pudgnik.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

I am wore out with sorry doctrines that make a open mockery of JESUS and try and mold him into our include all  hug all correct none image.

Them are sorry dung pile church doctrines from men and I shun it right out the door .

Pudgnik.   MAKE your mind up.     FOLLOW CHRIST , but stop heeding pile doctrine .    Go back to BIBLE only reading

and watch how fast the sorry dung pile sermons of men get exposed as fake news .    Go back to ONLY the bible pudgnik.   DO it for its too late.

ITS high time we make  a choice.  EITHER its ALL FOR CHRIST , our loyalty to HE ALONE .  BUT It cannot be both the world and GOD.

Time to stop fearing persecution ./    GUESS what all who live godly in Christ , WILL BE PERSECUTED.  stop fearing men , stop fearing mankind.

GET UP) and correct those in error.  SIN IS a BIG DEAL.   ITS the only reason CHRIST says DEPART from me I never YOU who worked IT , IT as in SIN .

correct the gays in those churches ,  correct the adultereors , correct those n error ,    STOP hugging and not warning .   THIS mindset is dung .

LOVE , THE LOVE , that comes fROM the GOD as n THE ONLY GOD ...........that LOVE don't rejoice in inquity , nor behave itself unseeminly.

Correct something .  THE ONLY ones they even have the nerve to correct are men like me who warn.  NO problem .   But then the world supports that .

SINCE they fear the world , yeah its hug everything it does , and hate the correctors that It too hates.

WE aint in it to have FRIENDS , to be popular to be well liked .   NOPE its loyal to GOD ALONE and if that costs us the loss of everthing , THEN OH WELL

s O   be it pudnik.    this world and its things and its cares and pleasures.............NOPE...................JESUS and HE ONLY and if I suffer for the truths sake , for righteousness.

THEN a hearty amen on that .  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

We greet all and are kind to all.  IF we desire any to perish we of satan.   However we don't become unequally yoked with none.

and the man coming back to the Father was no longer REJECTING ,  he came to his senses.     JESUS told this wonderful truth.

But I asked , HOW did JESUS respond to those who rejected Him.     Find those examples.    

My Friend, you do not know the Devil and demons that follow him, for this I am greatful. 

The Lord has lead me against many who strive the ruin of many souls. Some of those I have fought knew; yes, they knew what they were doing. And we had victory over those in darkness. 

But even those who walked in that darkness, some came to find Christ. 

The battles, some small and others of great magnitude are increasing in thier numbers. Certainly the darkness is on the move. 

But there is always hope, always faith and always love. 

I live by these standards. God lives in me, and I in Him.

Christ's Spirit lives in you. But don't smother God's love just because the Devil corrupts human compassion. Allow God to fill you with His love, and let His love overflow into the world.

Peace brother

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I am wore out with sorry doctrines that make a open mockery of JESUS and try and mold him into our include all  hug all correct none image.

Them are sorry dung pile church doctrines from men and I shun it right out the door .

Pudgnik.   MAKE your mind up.     FOLLOW CHRIST , but stop heeding pile doctrine .    Go back to BIBLE only reading

and watch how fast the sorry dung pile sermons of men get exposed as fake news .    Go back to ONLY the bible pudgnik.   DO it for its too late.

ITS high time we make  a choice.  EITHER its ALL FOR CHRIST , our loyalty to HE ALONE .  BUT It cannot be both the world and GOD.

Time to stop fearing persecution ./    GUESS what all who live godly in Christ , WILL BE PERSECUTED.  stop fearing men , stop fearing mankind.

GET UP) and correct those in error.  SIN IS a BIG DEAL.   ITS the only reason CHRIST says DEPART from me I never YOU who worked IT , IT as in SIN .

correct the gays in those churches ,  correct the adultereors , correct those n error ,    STOP hugging and not warning .   THIS mindset is dung .

LOVE , THE LOVE , that comes fROM the GOD as n THE ONLY GOD ...........that LOVE don't rejoice in inquity , nor behave itself unseeminly.

Correct something .  THE ONLY ones they even have the nerve to correct are men like me who warn.  NO problem .   But then the world supports that .

SINCE they fear the world , yeah its hug everything it does , and hate the correctors that It too hates.

WE aint in it to have FRIENDS , to be popular to be well liked .   NOPE its loyal to GOD ALONE and if that costs us the loss of everthing , THEN OH WELL

s O   be it pudnik.    this world and its things and its cares and pleasures.............NOPE...................JESUS and HE ONLY and if I suffer for the truths sake , for righteousness.

THEN a hearty amen on that .  

I would share with you my life, my love of God, and God's love of me.

What I can tell you. My life is forfit in this world. I am already well aware of God's plan in me. I march unafraid of mankind's wrath. And even the wrath of many Christians. It is not the Christians I serve. I am the servant of the Most High.

I am unworthy to untie His sandle. 

Peace friend

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

23 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

All due respect sister, I rather trust the illumination of the Holy Spirit over the thoughts of man

Well the same with me. But God put teachers of the Word on this earth for good reason and these are men far wiser then us. No man is perfect; I trust the bible first and the best commentators can make mistakes too but you cannot ignore them either. Otherwise they are here to no purpose. God can lead you to whom you can trust.

Here is another, John Gill. This is rather long and involved, I apologise but I cant think of a good way to shorten it without leaving out too much that may be important.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/hebrews-6-4.html

Hebrews 6:4

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened,
&c.] The Syriac and Ethiopic versions render it, "baptized"; and the word is thought to be so used in ( Hebrews 10:32 ) . And indeed baptism was called very early "illumination" by the ancients, as by Justin Martyr F9, and Clemens Alexandrinus F11, because only enlightened persons were the proper subjects of it; and the word once here used seems to confirm this sense, since baptism, when rightly administered, was not repeated; but then this sense depends upon an use of a word, which it is not certain did as yet obtain; nor does the apostle take notice of baptism in a parallel place, ( Hebrews 10:26 Hebrews 10:27 ) . This gave rise to, and seems to favour the error of Novatus, that those who fall into sin after baptism are to be cut off from the communion of the church, and never more to be restored unto it; contrary to the promises of God to returning backsliders, and contrary to facts, as well as to the directions of Christ, and his apostles, to receive and restore such persons; and such a notion tends to set aside the intercession of Christ for fallen believers, and to plunge them into despair: it is better therefore to retain the word "enlightened", in its proper sense, and to understand it of persons enlightened with Gospel knowledge; there are some who are savingly enlightened by the Spirit of God, to see the impurity of their hearts and actions, and their impotency to perform that which is good, the imperfection of their own righteousness to justify them, their lost state and condition by nature, and to see Christ and salvation by him, and their interest in it; and these being "once" enlightened, never become darkness, or ever so fall as to perish; for if God had a mind to destroy them, he would never have shown them these things, and therefore cannot be the persons designed here; unless we render the words, as the Syriac version does, "it is impossible"----(Nwjxy bwtd) , "that they should sin again"; so as to die spiritually, lose the grace of God, and stand in need of a new work upon them, which would be impossible to be done: but rather such are meant, who are so enlightened as to see the evil effects of sin, but not the evil that is in sin; to see the good things which come by Christ, but not the goodness that is in Christ; so as to reform externally, but not to be sanctified internally; to have knowledge of the Gospel doctrinally, but not experimentally; yea, to have such light into it, as to be able to preach it to others, and yet be destitute of the grace of God: and have tasted of the heavenly gift;
either faith, or a justifying righteousness, or the pardon of sin, or eternal life; which are all spiritual and heavenly gifts of grace, and which true believers have real tastes of; and hypocrites please themselves with, having some speculative notions about them, and some desires after them, arising from a natural principle of self-love. Some think the Holy Ghost is intended; but rather Christ himself, the unspeakable gift of God's love, given from heaven, as the bread of life. Now there are some who have a saving spiritual taste of this gift; for though God's people, while unregenerate, have no such taste; their taste is vitiated by sin, and it is not changed; sin is the food they live upon, in which they take an imaginary pleasure, and disrelish every thing else; but when regenerated, their taste is changed, sin is rendered loathsome to them; and they have a real gust of spiritual things, and especially of Christ, and find a real delight and pleasure in feeding by faith upon him; whereby they live upon him, and are nourished up unto eternal life, and therefore cannot be the persons here spoken of: but there are others who taste, but dislike what they taste; have no true love to Christ, and faith in him; or have only a carnal taste of him, know him only after the flesh, or externally, not inwardly and experimentally; or they have only a superficial taste, such as is opposed to eating the flesh, and drinking the blood of Christ, by faith, which is proper to true believers; the gust they have is but temporary, and arises from selfish principles. And were made partakers of the Holy Ghost;
not his person, nor his special grace; there are some who so partake of him, as to be united to him, in whom he becomes the principle of spiritual life, and motion: such have the fruits of the Spirit, and communion with him; they enjoy his personal presence and inhabitation in them; they have received him as a spirit of illumination and conviction, of regeneration and sanctification, as the spirit of faith, and as a comforter; and as a spirit of adoption, and the earnest and seal of future glory; but then such can never so fall away as to perish: a believer indeed may be without the sensible presence of the Spirit; the graces of the Spirit may be very low, as to their exercise; and they may not enjoy his comforts, gracious influences, and divine assistance; but the Spirit of God never is, in the above sense, in a castaway; where he takes up his dwelling, he never quits it; if such could perish, not only his own glory, but the glory of the Father, and of the Son, would be lost likewise: but by the Holy Ghost is sometimes meant the gifts of the Spirit, ordinary or extraordinary, ( 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 ) and so here; and men may be said to be partakers of the Holy Ghost, to whom he gives wisdom and prudence in things natural and civil; the knowledge of things divine and evangelical, in an external way; the power of working miracles, of prophesying, of speaking with tongues, and of the interpretation of tongues; for the extraordinary gifts of the Holy Ghost seem chiefly designed, which some, in the first times of the Gospel, were partakers of, who had no share in special grace, ( Matthew 7:22 Matthew 7:23 ) ( 1 Corinthians 13:2 1 Corinthians 13:3 ) .

Hebrews 6:5

And have tasted the good word of God
Not the Lord Jesus Christ, the essential Word of God, who seems to be intended before by the heavenly gift; but rather, either the Scriptures of truth in general, which are the word of God, endited by him, and contain his mind and will; which he makes use of for conviction, conversion, instruction, and comfort; and which are preserved by him: and these are a good word; they come from him who is good; they are a revelation of good things; they make known things true, pleasant, and profitable: or else the Gospel in particular, of which God is the author; and in which is a wonderful display of his wisdom and grace; and which he owns and blesses for his own glory, and the good of others: and this is a "good word", the same with (bwj rbd) , "good matter", or "word", in ( Psalms 45:1 ) (ybwj Mgtp) , "my good word", or "the word of my goodness", in the Targum on ( Isaiah 55:11 ) for it is the word of righteousness, reconciliation, peace, pardon, life, and salvation. And there is a special and spiritual taste of this good, word, which is delightful, relishing, and nourishing; and such who have it can never totally and finally fall away; because they who taste it, so as to eat and digest it, and be nourished by it, to them it becomes the ingrafted word, which is able to save them: but there is such a taste of this word as is disrelishing, as in profane sinners, and open opposers and persecutors of the word, or as in hypocrites and formal professors; which is only an assent to the Scriptures, as the revelation of God, or a superficial knowledge of the doctrines of the Gospel without the experience of them, and a temporal faith in them, and a natural affection for them, and pleasure with them for a time; as the Jews, and Herod with John's ministry, and the stony ground hearers. And the powers of the world to come;
meaning either the state of the church, and the glorious things relating to it, after the first resurrection, which they might have some notional apprehensions of; or the ultimate state of glory and happiness, the powers of which are the immortality, incorruption, and glory of the body, the perfect holiness and knowledge of the soul, entire freedom from all evils of every kind, full communion with Father, Son, and Spirit, and a complete enjoyment of all happiness for ever; which hypocrites may have a notional knowledge of, a natural desire after, and delight in the contemplation and hope of, as Balaam had; or rather the (dunameiv) , miracles and mighty works in the former part of the Gospel dispensation, or times of the Messiah, the Jews' world to come, (See Gill on Hebrews 2:5), are intended; which many, as Judas and others, were able to perform, who were not sincere Christians, or true believers.

Hebrews 6:6

If they shall fall away
This is not supposed of true believers, as appears from ( Hebrews 6:9 ) nor is it to be supposed of them that they may fall totally and finally; they may indeed fall, not only into afflictions and temptations, but into sin; and from a lively and comfortable exercise of grace, and from a degree of steadfastness in the Gospel; but not irrecoverably: for they are held and secured by a threefold cord, which can never be broken; by God the Father, who has loved them with an everlasting love, has chosen them in Christ, secured them in the covenant of grace, keeps them by his power, has given them grace, and will give them glory; and by the Son, who has undertook for them, redeemed and purchased them, prays and makes preparations in heaven for them, they are built on him, united to him, and are his jewels, whom he will preserve; and by the Holy Ghost, whose grace is incorruptible, whose personal indwelling is for ever, who himself is the earnest and seal of the heavenly inheritance, and who having begun, will finish the good work of grace: but falling away, so as to perish, may be supposed, and is true of many professors of religion; who may fall from the profession of the Gospel they have made, and from the truth of it, and into an open denial of it; yea, into an hatred and persecution of what they once received the external knowledge of; and so shall fall short of heaven, and into condemnation: for, to renew them again unto repentance,
is a thing impossible: by "repentance" is meant, not baptism of repentance; nor admission to a solemn form of public repentance in the church; nor a legal repentance, but an evangelical one: and so to be "renewed" unto it is not to be baptized again, or to be restored anew to the church by repentance, and absolution; but must be understood either of renovation of the soul, in order to repentance; or of the reforming of the outward conversation, as an evidence of it; or of a renewing of the exercise of the grace of repentance and to be renewed "again" to repentance does not suppose that persons may have true repentance and lose it; for though truly penitent persons may lose the exercise of this grace for a time, yet the grace itself can never be lost: moreover, these apostates before described had only a show of repentance, a counterfeit one; such as Cain, Pharaoh, and Judas had; and consequently, the renewing of them again to repentance, is to that which they only seemed to have, and to make pretensions unto; now to renew them to a true repentance, which they once made a profession of, the apostle says is a thing "impossible": the meaning of which is not only that it is difficult; or that it is rare and unusual; or that it is unsuitable and improper; but it is absolutely impossible: it is impossible to these men to renew themselves to repentance; renovation is the work of the Holy Ghost, and not of man; and repentance is God's gift, and not in man's power; and it is impossible for ministers to renew them, to restore and bring them back, by true repentance; yea, it is impossible to God himself, not through any impotence in him, but from the nature of the sin these men are guilty of; for by the high, though outward attainments they arrive unto, according to the description of them, their sin is the sin against the Holy Ghost, for which no sacrifice can be offered up, and of which there is no remission, and so no repentance; for these two go together, and for which prayer is not to be made; see ( Matthew 12:32 ) ( Hebrews 10:26 Hebrews 10:27 ) ( 1 John 4:16 ) and chiefly because to renew such persons to repentance, is repugnant to the determined will of God, who cannot go against his own purposes and resolutions; and so the Jews F12 speak of repentance being withheld by God from Pharaoh, and, from the people of Israel; of which they understand ( Exodus 9:16 ) ( Isaiah 6:10 ) ( 2 Chronicles 36:16 ) and say, that when the holy blessed God withholds repentance from a sinner, (bwvl lwky wnya) , "he cannot repent"; but must die in his wickedness which he first committed of his own will; and they further observe F13, that he that profanes the name of God has it not in his power to depend on repentance, nor can his iniquity be expiated on the day of atonement, or be removed by chastisement: seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh; who is truly and properly God, begotten of the Father, and of the same nature with him, in whom he greatly delights; this is Christ's highest name and title; and it was for asserting himself to be the Son of God that he was crucified; and his being so puts an infinite virtue in his sufferings and death; and it heightens the sin of the Jews, and of these apostates, in crucifying him. He was once crucified, and it is both impossible and unnecessary that he should be, properly speaking, "crucified afresh", or "again"; it is impossible, because he is risen from the dead, and will never die more; it is unnecessary, because he has finished and completed what he suffered the death of the cross for; but men may be said to crucify him again, when, by denying him to be the Son of God, they justify the crucifixion of him on that account; and when they lessen and vilify the virtue of his blood and sacrifice; and when both by errors and immoralities they cause him to be blasphemed, and evil spoken of; and when they persecute him in his members: and this may be said to be done "to themselves afresh"; not that Christ was crucified for them before, but that they now crucify him again, as much as in them lies; or "with themselves", in their own breasts and minds, and to their own destruction

Again I apologise for the length. Was rather hard to pick out the most important points.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Well the same with me. But God put teachers of the Word on this earth for good reason and these are men far wiser then us. No man is perfect; I trust the bible first and the best commentators can make mistakes too but you cannot ignore them either. Otherwise they are here to no purpose. God can lead you to whom you can trust.

Here is another, John Gill. This is rather long and involved, I apologise but I cant think of a good way to shorten it without leaving out too much that may be important.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/hebrews-6-4.html

Hebrews 6:4

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened,
&c.] The Syriac and Ethiopic versions render it, "baptized"; and the word is thought to be so used in ( Hebrews 10:32 ) . And indeed baptism was called very early "illumination" by the ancients, as by Justin Martyr F9, and Clemens Alexandrinus F11, because only enlightened persons were the proper subjects of it; and the word once here used seems to confirm this sense, since baptism, when rightly administered, was not repeated; but then this sense depends upon an use of a word, which it is not certain did as yet obtain; nor does the apostle take notice of baptism in a parallel place, ( Hebrews 10:26 Hebrews 10:27 ) . This gave rise to, and seems to favour the error of Novatus, that those who fall into sin after baptism are to be cut off from the communion of the church, and never more to be restored unto it; contrary to the promises of God to returning backsliders, and contrary to facts, as well as to the directions of Christ, and his apostles, to receive and restore such persons; and such a notion tends to set aside the intercession of Christ for fallen believers, and to plunge them into despair: it is better therefore to retain the word "enlightened", in its proper sense, and to understand it of persons enlightened with Gospel knowledge; there are some who are savingly enlightened by the Spirit of God, to see the impurity of their hearts and actions, and their impotency to perform that which is good, the imperfection of their own righteousness to justify them, their lost state and condition by nature, and to see Christ and salvation by him, and their interest in it; and these being "once" enlightened, never become darkness, or ever so fall as to perish; for if God had a mind to destroy them, he would never have shown them these things, and therefore cannot be the persons designed here; unless we render the words, as the Syriac version does, "it is impossible"----(Nwjxy bwtd) , "that they should sin again"; so as to die spiritually, lose the grace of God, and stand in need of a new work upon them, which would be impossible to be done: but rather such are meant, who are so enlightened as to see the evil effects of sin, but not the evil that is in sin; to see the good things which come by Christ, but not the goodness that is in Christ; so as to reform externally, but not to be sanctified internally; to have knowledge of the Gospel doctrinally, but not experimentally; yea, to have such light into it, as to be able to preach it to others, and yet be destitute of the grace of God: and have tasted of the heavenly gift;
either faith, or a justifying righteousness, or the pardon of sin, or eternal life; which are all spiritual and heavenly gifts of grace, and which true believers have real tastes of; and hypocrites please themselves with, having some speculative notions about them, and some desires after them, arising from a natural principle of self-love. Some think the Holy Ghost is intended; but rather Christ himself, the unspeakable gift of God's love, given from heaven, as the bread of life. Now there are some who have a saving spiritual taste of this gift; for though God's people, while unregenerate, have no such taste; their taste is vitiated by sin, and it is not changed; sin is the food they live upon, in which they take an imaginary pleasure, and disrelish every thing else; but when regenerated, their taste is changed, sin is rendered loathsome to them; and they have a real gust of spiritual things, and especially of Christ, and find a real delight and pleasure in feeding by faith upon him; whereby they live upon him, and are nourished up unto eternal life, and therefore cannot be the persons here spoken of: but there are others who taste, but dislike what they taste; have no true love to Christ, and faith in him; or have only a carnal taste of him, know him only after the flesh, or externally, not inwardly and experimentally; or they have only a superficial taste, such as is opposed to eating the flesh, and drinking the blood of Christ, by faith, which is proper to true believers; the gust they have is but temporary, and arises from selfish principles. And were made partakers of the Holy Ghost;
not his person, nor his special grace; there are some who so partake of him, as to be united to him, in whom he becomes the principle of spiritual life, and motion: such have the fruits of the Spirit, and communion with him; they enjoy his personal presence and inhabitation in them; they have received him as a spirit of illumination and conviction, of regeneration and sanctification, as the spirit of faith, and as a comforter; and as a spirit of adoption, and the earnest and seal of future glory; but then such can never so fall away as to perish: a believer indeed may be without the sensible presence of the Spirit; the graces of the Spirit may be very low, as to their exercise; and they may not enjoy his comforts, gracious influences, and divine assistance; but the Spirit of God never is, in the above sense, in a castaway; where he takes up his dwelling, he never quits it; if such could perish, not only his own glory, but the glory of the Father, and of the Son, would be lost likewise: but by the Holy Ghost is sometimes meant the gifts of the Spirit, ordinary or extraordinary, ( 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 ) and so here; and men may be said to be partakers of the Holy Ghost, to whom he gives wisdom and prudence in things natural and civil; the knowledge of things divine and evangelical, in an external way; the power of working miracles, of prophesying, of speaking with tongues, and of the interpretation of tongues; for the extraordinary gifts of the Holy Ghost seem chiefly designed, which some, in the first times of the Gospel, were partakers of, who had no share in special grace, ( Matthew 7:22 Matthew 7:23 ) ( 1 Corinthians 13:2 1 Corinthians 13:3 ) .

Hebrews 6:5

And have tasted the good word of God
Not the Lord Jesus Christ, the essential Word of God, who seems to be intended before by the heavenly gift; but rather, either the Scriptures of truth in general, which are the word of God, endited by him, and contain his mind and will; which he makes use of for conviction, conversion, instruction, and comfort; and which are preserved by him: and these are a good word; they come from him who is good; they are a revelation of good things; they make known things true, pleasant, and profitable: or else the Gospel in particular, of which God is the author; and in which is a wonderful display of his wisdom and grace; and which he owns and blesses for his own glory, and the good of others: and this is a "good word", the same with (bwj rbd) , "good matter", or "word", in ( Psalms 45:1 ) (ybwj Mgtp) , "my good word", or "the word of my goodness", in the Targum on ( Isaiah 55:11 ) for it is the word of righteousness, reconciliation, peace, pardon, life, and salvation. And there is a special and spiritual taste of this good, word, which is delightful, relishing, and nourishing; and such who have it can never totally and finally fall away; because they who taste it, so as to eat and digest it, and be nourished by it, to them it becomes the ingrafted word, which is able to save them: but there is such a taste of this word as is disrelishing, as in profane sinners, and open opposers and persecutors of the word, or as in hypocrites and formal professors; which is only an assent to the Scriptures, as the revelation of God, or a superficial knowledge of the doctrines of the Gospel without the experience of them, and a temporal faith in them, and a natural affection for them, and pleasure with them for a time; as the Jews, and Herod with John's ministry, and the stony ground hearers. And the powers of the world to come;
meaning either the state of the church, and the glorious things relating to it, after the first resurrection, which they might have some notional apprehensions of; or the ultimate state of glory and happiness, the powers of which are the immortality, incorruption, and glory of the body, the perfect holiness and knowledge of the soul, entire freedom from all evils of every kind, full communion with Father, Son, and Spirit, and a complete enjoyment of all happiness for ever; which hypocrites may have a notional knowledge of, a natural desire after, and delight in the contemplation and hope of, as Balaam had; or rather the (dunameiv) , miracles and mighty works in the former part of the Gospel dispensation, or times of the Messiah, the Jews' world to come, (See Gill on Hebrews 2:5), are intended; which many, as Judas and others, were able to perform, who were not sincere Christians, or true believers.

Hebrews 6:6

If they shall fall away
This is not supposed of true believers, as appears from ( Hebrews 6:9 ) nor is it to be supposed of them that they may fall totally and finally; they may indeed fall, not only into afflictions and temptations, but into sin; and from a lively and comfortable exercise of grace, and from a degree of steadfastness in the Gospel; but not irrecoverably: for they are held and secured by a threefold cord, which can never be broken; by God the Father, who has loved them with an everlasting love, has chosen them in Christ, secured them in the covenant of grace, keeps them by his power, has given them grace, and will give them glory; and by the Son, who has undertook for them, redeemed and purchased them, prays and makes preparations in heaven for them, they are built on him, united to him, and are his jewels, whom he will preserve; and by the Holy Ghost, whose grace is incorruptible, whose personal indwelling is for ever, who himself is the earnest and seal of the heavenly inheritance, and who having begun, will finish the good work of grace: but falling away, so as to perish, may be supposed, and is true of many professors of religion; who may fall from the profession of the Gospel they have made, and from the truth of it, and into an open denial of it; yea, into an hatred and persecution of what they once received the external knowledge of; and so shall fall short of heaven, and into condemnation: for, to renew them again unto repentance,
is a thing impossible: by "repentance" is meant, not baptism of repentance; nor admission to a solemn form of public repentance in the church; nor a legal repentance, but an evangelical one: and so to be "renewed" unto it is not to be baptized again, or to be restored anew to the church by repentance, and absolution; but must be understood either of renovation of the soul, in order to repentance; or of the reforming of the outward conversation, as an evidence of it; or of a renewing of the exercise of the grace of repentance and to be renewed "again" to repentance does not suppose that persons may have true repentance and lose it; for though truly penitent persons may lose the exercise of this grace for a time, yet the grace itself can never be lost: moreover, these apostates before described had only a show of repentance, a counterfeit one; such as Cain, Pharaoh, and Judas had; and consequently, the renewing of them again to repentance, is to that which they only seemed to have, and to make pretensions unto; now to renew them to a true repentance, which they once made a profession of, the apostle says is a thing "impossible": the meaning of which is not only that it is difficult; or that it is rare and unusual; or that it is unsuitable and improper; but it is absolutely impossible: it is impossible to these men to renew themselves to repentance; renovation is the work of the Holy Ghost, and not of man; and repentance is God's gift, and not in man's power; and it is impossible for ministers to renew them, to restore and bring them back, by true repentance; yea, it is impossible to God himself, not through any impotence in him, but from the nature of the sin these men are guilty of; for by the high, though outward attainments they arrive unto, according to the description of them, their sin is the sin against the Holy Ghost, for which no sacrifice can be offered up, and of which there is no remission, and so no repentance; for these two go together, and for which prayer is not to be made; see ( Matthew 12:32 ) ( Hebrews 10:26 Hebrews 10:27 ) ( 1 John 4:16 ) and chiefly because to renew such persons to repentance, is repugnant to the determined will of God, who cannot go against his own purposes and resolutions; and so the Jews F12 speak of repentance being withheld by God from Pharaoh, and, from the people of Israel; of which they understand ( Exodus 9:16 ) ( Isaiah 6:10 ) ( 2 Chronicles 36:16 ) and say, that when the holy blessed God withholds repentance from a sinner, (bwvl lwky wnya) , "he cannot repent"; but must die in his wickedness which he first committed of his own will; and they further observe F13, that he that profanes the name of God has it not in his power to depend on repentance, nor can his iniquity be expiated on the day of atonement, or be removed by chastisement: seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh; who is truly and properly God, begotten of the Father, and of the same nature with him, in whom he greatly delights; this is Christ's highest name and title; and it was for asserting himself to be the Son of God that he was crucified; and his being so puts an infinite virtue in his sufferings and death; and it heightens the sin of the Jews, and of these apostates, in crucifying him. He was once crucified, and it is both impossible and unnecessary that he should be, properly speaking, "crucified afresh", or "again"; it is impossible, because he is risen from the dead, and will never die more; it is unnecessary, because he has finished and completed what he suffered the death of the cross for; but men may be said to crucify him again, when, by denying him to be the Son of God, they justify the crucifixion of him on that account; and when they lessen and vilify the virtue of his blood and sacrifice; and when both by errors and immoralities they cause him to be blasphemed, and evil spoken of; and when they persecute him in his members: and this may be said to be done "to themselves afresh"; not that Christ was crucified for them before, but that they now crucify him again, as much as in them lies; or "with themselves", in their own breasts and minds, and to their own destruction

Again I apologise for the length. Was rather hard to pick out the most important points.

Truth as revealed by the Holy Spirit is always simple......this is why we must become as little children to receive it.  If it takes pages and pages to open one little passage of scripture, then it's not simple anymore.  It was simple how the Lord showed me....and I'm glad because I don't do complexity very well, especially as I get older.  ;)

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

I trust the bible first and the best commentators can make mistakes too but you cannot ignore them either. Otherwise they are here to no purpose.

"... no purpose."   Even the evil ones have purpose.  As written, "many anti-christs AMONG us"(teaching).

God can lead you to whom you can trust.

There is ONE.

13 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

My Friend, you do not know the Devil and demons that follow him, for this I am greatful. 

The Lord has lead me against many who strive the ruin of many souls. Some of those I have fought knew; yes, they knew what they were doing. And we had victory over those in darkness. 

But even those who walked in that darkness, some came to find Christ. 

The battles, some small and others of great magnitude are increasing in thier numbers. Certainly the darkness is on the move. 

But there is always hope, always faith and always love. 

I live by these standards. God lives in me, and I in Him.

Christ's Spirit lives in you. But don't smother God's love just because the Devil corrupts human compassion. Allow God to fill you with His love, and let His love overflow into the world.

Peace brother

I know.     The sad thing is many preach a love that comes not from God at all.    For the perfect example of love.   LOOK at the biblical Christ and ALL his sayings and warnings.

Notice what paul told the church.    Though the more I LOVE , the LESSSSSS    I be loved.   cause pauls love came with upmost serious correction.

as did our own LORD.    Love that sits and hugs and gathers with all for unity IS NOT LOVE .   But sadly we have been taught that it is.   Seeker friendly has won over many churches

and the all Inclusive bear hug will finish it all.     And in the end men like me will just be seen has haters by many .    I sorrow not for me,  I shall rejoice even in the hour of my death

I SORROW for those who sit under all inclusive unity mindsets...........which are many now and will increase .

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

I would share with you my life, my love of God, and God's love of me.

What I can tell you. My life is forfit in this world. I am already well aware of God's plan in me. I march unafraid of mankind's wrath. And even the wrath of many Christians. It is not the Christians I serve. I am the servant of the Most High.

I am unworthy to untie His sandle. 

Peace friend

You ponder this then.    IF you truly follow ONLY the lamb.   WHY did you come after one who was serious , grave and just warning out .

Their are still mens doctrines that must be burned out my friend.    IF JESUS appeared as a man today...........I promise most would run his correcting self OUT OF they churches

and calling him a hater and tell him YA NEED JESUS.    AND THAT IS A FACt.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Their are still mens doctrines that must be burned out my friend.    IF JESUS appeared as a man today...........I promise most would run his correcting self OUT OF they churches

His Word is not permitted in many places (churches, forums, chat rooms) - as illustrated sadly with great sorrow for the members of one church in usa - (a 'regular' congregation by all measurements and appearances) --

Men of YHWH from Russia,  whose fathers are in prison camps in siberia for preaching the Gospel of Jesus,

men who got to the USA when someone paid their way as they had no money themselves to travel,

were at first welcome in the congregation, and shared God's Word by reading the Bible from the pulpit to the congregation

and the licensed ordained set in place 'pastors'/'elders'/'deacons'/ 

in that God-forsaken place kicked them out saying "That is not permitted here - it is NOT what our denomination/congregation teaches." !!!!!!    Don't be so surprised.... it happens every day in churches and on forums....

• Thumbs Up 1