Jodi100

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi , I went to a church today ( I am not christian) and felt very nervous and fearful. I do not feel the holy spirit in my heart which is hardened. I have important decisions to make in the near future and need guidance. Am I making the right decision by going to church even when it feels strained?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Ephesians 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

First is hearing, then you must believe in Him, then you are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

19 minutes ago, Jodi100 said:

Hi , I went to a church today ( I am not christian) and felt very nervous and fearful. I do not feel the holy spirit in my heart which is hardened. I have important decisions to make in the near future and need guidance. Am I making the right decision by going to church even when it feels strained?

Our pastor said he was very uncomfortable the first time he went to church.  Then the pastor told him everything he had done wrong during the prior month!  He want to run out but instead went forward when they asked who would like to be forgiven for their sins and receive Jesus Christ.  

The first thing the Holy spirit does is convict of sin, and the righteousness of Christ, and and the final judgement when those who have rejected Christ are condemned to hell.  Right now Jesus did not come to condemn us but to save us and demonstrate God's love for us.

• Thumbs Up 1