• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, Butero said:

I agree with you that we should look to the Bible as our guide, whether it be men or women, but I hardly see this article as anti-Christ or promoting making an idol of her husband.  She is just encouraging women to be considerate.  Subjugating herself to her husband doesn't make her an idolater, or Sarah was an idolater.  Notice what it says in 1 Peter 3:6.

Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord...

Though delegated from God, she recognized his authority as head of the home.  

I think the article goes way beyond what most men would desire or expect, and I agree that it is not Bible based advise, so everyone is free to ignore it.  We don't need to follow any extra-Biblical articles about how to live.  We should look to scripture, but I don't see this as idolatry.  We also don't know if the author was married or single.  I know of women that go beyond what this article says who are married with children, and they still manage.  It is possible to do, but it certainly wouldn't be easy.  

Again, I agree with you that we should look to the Bible, not articles like this when it comes to how to conduct ourselves, but to call this anti-Christ and promoting idolatry seems really extreme to me.  I probably wouldn't have even responded to your post if you hadn't taken it that far, because on the main point you made, I agree.  Just look to the Bible and follow it and you will do well in life.  

That article is not founded on Christ...........it is most definitely founded on something else (which needs to be discerned) and it is the crooked foundation that gives the article it's twist.  As someone else pointed out it is rooted in the carnal flesh and not the mind of Christ....it is a way that seemeth right to man but leads not to life but to death, eventually.  It is not rooted in Christ at all.  Simple consideration and thoughtfulness there is no law against such, I certainly agree.  But the article is on the same foundation as the women's magazines and media of today are........the very...exact....same....precise foundation unfortunately........which is leading our young women very very very far astray.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

14 minutes ago, Butero said:

I agree with you that we should look to the Bible as our guide, whether it be men or women, but I hardly see this article as anti-Christ or promoting making an idol of her husband.  She is just encouraging women to be considerate.  Subjugating herself to her husband doesn't make her an idolater, or Sarah was an idolater.  Notice what it says in 1 Peter 3:6.

Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord...

Though delegated from God, she recognized his authority as head of the home.  

I think the article goes way beyond what most men would desire or expect, and I agree that it is not Bible based advise, so everyone is free to ignore it.  We don't need to follow any extra-Biblical articles about how to live.  We should look to scripture, but I don't see this as idolatry.  We also don't know if the author was married or single.  I know of women that go beyond what this article says who are married with children, and they still manage.  It is possible to do, but it certainly wouldn't be easy.  

Again, I agree with you that we should look to the Bible, not articles like this when it comes to how to conduct ourselves, but to call this anti-Christ and promoting idolatry seems really extreme to me.  I probably wouldn't have even responded to your post if you hadn't taken it that far, because on the main point you made, I agree.  Just look to the Bible and follow it and you will do well in life.  

Dear brother, I sure do hope that we all understand here that Sarah calling her husband lord..........doesn't mean calling him her God..........it just means calling him her head, acknowledging his headship.  Submitting to one another does not mean subjugation to one another as to an idol, we are to submit to one another in the LORD who is our God.