• Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, inchrist said:

Actually it is; because Luke 21 is the exact same teachings of Matthew 24

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days

“‘the sun will be darkened,
    and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
    and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’[b]

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. 

Christ taught the "distress of those days" was the the great tribulation...

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolationlet the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

....immediatly after the great tribulation does Christ come.

Luke21 state the same thing.

How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloudwith power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

It is with this context you should understand the meaning of the verse

For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 

(Great tribulation - for all those who live on the face of the earth)

Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen,

(stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”)

and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

(At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. - being after the great tribulation)

This argument falls flat with the example of the 10 plagues of Egypt.

I blelieve Matthew and Luke are writing about the same discourse from Jesus. Compare:

Luke 21:25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Matthew 24:  29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Luke 21:But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately.”

mat. 24:For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all[a] these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences,[b] and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Luk 21:34 “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Mat 24:44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.  

Luk 21: Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

We agree on all the above, and that Jesus will come AFTER the days of Tribulation. Of course He will, because it is written, and also shown to us in words in Rev. chapter 19.  We agree on this. But these verses of His coming will not - do not - in any way prevent Him coming earlier to rescue His church from "all these things that will come to pass." 

Matthew and Luke are writing very similar things, because they are writing about the same discourse. but Luke adds verse 36 that Matthew does not include: IN GOD'S PLANS there is an escape from all these things! 

What are "all these things? All the bad things that both Matthew and Luke tell us about. 

Have you ever noticed that John tells us when God's wrath begins in Revelation? It is the last verse of chapter 6 and it is the final thought on the 6th seal events.  Because God has said we will be rescued from His wrath:

1 Thessalonians 1:10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

It is the very same rescue as Luke's escape. Paul tells us this too.

In 1 thes. 4 & 5, Paul tells us there is a SUDDENLY coming: that sudden event will be the dead in Christ flying up out of the ground. Paul tells us this is tied to the Day of the Lord. They cannot be separated. When the rapture takes place, the age of grace is over and the Day of the Lord has come.  Paul tells us THE DAY comes as a thief, and another scripture tells us JESUS comes as a Thief. The Day comes that way because Jesus comes that way.  John tells us that day is the start of the wrath of God. And what John wrote can be backed up by other scriptures. Ever read Isaiah 2? It is as if John copied from Isaiah about the great earthquake and people trying to hide in caves. 

Paul goes on to tell us, those living IN CHRIST get raptured and so get "to live together with Him," and "So shall we ever be with the Lord." However, those living in darkness get "SUDDEN DESTRUCTION!" All who are left behind will be caught in the sudden destruction. The only escape from this sudden destruction will be to be raptured out.

But WHAT IS this "sudden destruction?" Paul links it to the Day of the Lord. The start of the Day is linked to the rapture and cannot be separated. You see, when God brings together the atoms of those long dead, (some Atoms may be hundreds of miles from others) this action will cause a great, worldwide earthquake. Remember Matthew 27, when Jesus died, it is written, "the earth did quake...and the graves were opened..." And saints of old rose from their graves and were seen by people in Jerusalem. the point is, when God raised those elders of the Old Covenant, that raising caused a massive earthquake.

If we look in Revelation for the first worldwide earthquake (remember the dead in Christ are buried around the world) we fiind that earthquake at the 6th seal. That is Paul's "sudden destruction." And those in Christ are caught up just as that earthquake begins. They will ESCAPE all the destruction and disaster to follow, everything we see in Revelation chapters 8-18. The church is seen in heaven in chapter 19, at the marriage and supper, which will take place in heaven.

However, if we notice chapter 7, John saw this huge crowd, too large to number. That crowd is the just rapturted church. They were raptured a moment before the 6th seal. In fact, if we study the 5th seal - the martyrs of the church age - we see they were told that judgment would not come until their full number is complete. That is a HUGE hint to the rapture, for the rapture will make the very last church age martyr. the next martyr will be a day of the Lord martyr. 

Therefore, the 5th seal points to the rapture just after it, Paul's writing points to the rapture just before the start of the DAY, and then John saw the church in heaven right after the 6th seal. What more proof do you need?

"For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 "

And that is true: but not for those caught up into heaven, for they will no longer be living on the earth. 

"Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen"

When they were hearing it, it had not happened yet. In fact, these things still have not happened. BUT: God has an escape plan for His people to escape BEFORE these things come. It is written, and no amount of dodging can take what is written away. You can escape with the rest of the church, or you can be left behind: it is your choice. You can be IN that group too large to number in the throne room of heaven, or you can be tribulating here on earth: the choice is yours. 

"(At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. - being after the great tribulation)"

They being all who were left behind. I agree. But WE - the Bride of Christ - will be coming WITH HIM as a part of the armies of heaven. Enoch wrote, "Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints" 

You COULD be one of them. It is very possible. However, it is doubtful.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

2 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Just thought maybe this would help, because it appears you are unaware of what the word tribulation means.

From the Greek word thlipsis:

2347 thlípsis – properly, pressure (what constricts, rubs together in a narrow place that "hems in"); tribulation, focusing on internal pressure that causes one to feel confined (restricted, "without options").

2347/thlipsis ("compression, tribulation") brings the challenge of also coping with the internal pressure caused by the tribulation, especially feeling there is "no way of escape" because "hemmed in."

Dealing with 2347/thlípsis ("compression, tribulation") is principally an "inside-out" matter. All pressure is ultimately internal and only truly dealt with by the Lord's inworking of faith. Accordingly 2347 (thlípsis) and 4102/pístis ("faith, God's inworked persuasion") are very closely connected.

God bless

So I just made a verb out of it!  It was to lighten the sad message. People can stay behind and live with this great pressure - OR they can follow Luke and escape. the choice is theirs.

Edited by iamlamad

2 hours ago, inchrist said:

This argument falls flat with the example of the 10 plagues of Egypt.

No, because the rapture is a one time thing. It could not happen way back then. It can happen only ONCE for the church - the body of Christ on earth,

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Prayerfully they wont be deceived.     I bet many a folk under that Gods best best sellers and easy life are and will be deceived.

IF we don't understand that not only is it given unto us to believe on him but also suffer ,  WE AINT GONNA MAKE IT , WE SELL OUT .

I could tell him lots ,  but I perceive it wont do a bit of good at this point  .    IF I am led too I will.  

You be blessed and praise the Lord.      Many are going to ponder HEY this cant be the mark of the beast , we would have been raptured already as they TAKE IT .

That is scary .   but some wont ,  some who are desiring to serve God will keep learning and the SPIRIT will reveal more truth to those .

This is simply not truth. The huge crowd too large to number is seen in heaven LONG before the mark will be established. Many no mistake: that groups is the raptured church. They are removed from earth just before God's wrath begins - at the 6th seal.

Edited by iamlamad

4 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

You'll find out the truth about these things soon enough, when they begin to take place, if the Lord doesn't show you beforehand.

(Even if I were to tell you, you probably wouldn't believe me.)

I suspect I am far closer to the truth that others here. But you are right, when these things begin to take place, all will know. 

Did you ever wonder why God put the word WATCH in so many different times? i think I counted 14 times. Why is it so important that we "Watch?" 

Why were the five virgins foolish? What did they do wrong?  We know they had a shortage of "oil" but what is the meaning? How can we be sure to be in the wise group?  Did you notice, Jesus said, "I do not know you." He did NOT say, "I never knew you." That is a big difference.

In Matthew it is different:  

Matthew 7:23

And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

I think this is speaking to people who perhaps go to the front of the church, say a prayer to get born again, but then never make any attempt to get acquainted with Jesus Christ. He never hears their voice praying. In reality, He does not "know" them.  I think the church is almost asleep. How many churches around the world are preaching the gospel of the Kingdom  - that HE IS COMING and soon will set up His kingdom? I am convinced, not many churches are preaching end times sermons. 

There there is this verse:
Hebrews 10: so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

I have to ask you: are you eagerly waiting for His coming? Are you watching for Him? I think this would be very difficult for those that imagine they will live through the days of great tribulation.  They will be watching for other things.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

." 

Matthew and Luke are writing very similar things, because they are writing about the same discourse. but Luke adds verse 36 that Matthew does not include: IN GOD'S PLANS there is an escape from all these things! 

Wrong

1 Thessalonians 4:17 snatch away is a future passive verb voice.

Where as in Luke 21:36 katischuó and ekpheugó are an active verb voice.

In otherwords; an active voice, the subject performs the action. Example: the bull stamps the ground

In the passive voice, the subject is the recipient of the action. Example: the ground (reciepient) is stamped by the bull 

Why in luke 21:36 would they need to prevail ( active voice) if they are raptured? In otherwords because the harpazó is a future passive verb; the rapture does not depend upon our own strength in any way.

You are force fitting a rapture into Luke 21:36 which the Greek text contradicts the entire concept of the rapture which is not by our own action but by Christs action.

Therefore the understanding of verse Luke 21:36 of strength; previal and escape is best understand by the verse

stand up and lift up your heads (previal/ have strength), because your redemption is drawing near

escape is best understand by the continuous theme "watch" know the seasons, understand the prophecies so you can flee.

No, because the rapture is a one time thing. It could not happen way back then. It can happen only ONCE for the church - the body of Christ on earth,

Then we must conclude God was beating up his future wife Israel in Egypt with the 10 plagues.

1 hour ago, inchrist said:

Wrong

1 Thessalonians 4:17 snatch away is a future passive verb voice.

Where as in Luke 21:36 katischuó and ekpheugó are an active verb voice.

In otherwords; an active voice, the subject performs the action. Example: the bull stamps the ground

In the passive voice, the subject is the recipient of the action. Example: the ground (reciepient) is stamped by the bull 

Why in luke 21:36 would they need to prevail ( active voice) if they are raptured? In otherwords because the harpazó is a future passive verb; the rapture does not depend upon our own strength in any way.

You are force fitting a rapture into Luke 21:36 which the Greek text contradicts the entire concept of the rapture which is not by our own action but by Christs action.

Therefore the understanding of verse Luke 21:36 of strength; previal and escape is best understand by the verse

stand up and lift up your heads (previal/ have strength), because your redemption is drawing near

escape is best understand by the continuous theme "watch" know the seasons, understand the prophecies so you can flee.

Then we must conclude God was beating up his future wife Israel in Egypt with the 10 plagues.

Writing of an escape can be written as passive while  the escape itself is not. This is not proof. 

I agree with your definition of passive voice.  It has to do with sentence structure.  We who are alive and remain is the subject of this sentence. But will the rapture be a passive event? Definitely not!

WE need to actively pray and believe God to be found WORTHY to be caught up. This verse hints strongly of the flip side of this coin: some people may NOT be found worthy, and will be left behind. In other words, being found worthy is up to US, not up to God.  It is written, whosoever WILL....  The human part of this is up to each individual.  If we do our part and are WILLING, God will always do His part. 

Sadly, many people, after they are born again, make no effort to live for God. They are not keeping their lamps full of oil, and the door will be shut. So it is God's job to keep our lamp full of oil - or is it our job as believers?

As for Egypt: did God have any choice?  His job was to back up Moses and set the people free - which He did. 

Why did He leave them in slavery for so long? Ask Him!

My guess is, if we could ask 5th graders to read this chapter, and ask them the meaning of verse 36,  most of them would say, it is to escape the bad things they read about in the earlier verses. 

I wonder why this verse is so difficult for the more educated?  God is not trying to fool us.

Edited by iamlamad

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, iamlamad said:

This is simply not truth. The huge crowd too large to number is seen in heaven LONG before the mark will be established. Many no mistake: that groups is the raptured church. They are removed from earth just before God's wrath begins - at the 6th seal.

Well, I suppose we could put this to the test .     What will you do when as time goes on and we aint raptured yet

and society begins more and more taking rfid or like tech n the body.    what would you do If you cant function without it .   Would you take it

do YOU see anything wrong with taking that device in the body.    At least answer that . 

28 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Well, I suppose we could put this to the test .     What will you do when as time goes on and we aint raptured yet

and society begins more and more taking rfid or like tech n the body.    what would you do If you cant function without it .   Would you take it

do YOU see anything wrong with taking that device in the body.    At least answer that . 

What will you do when the rapture takes place and you are left behind?  I am not taking any device in my body. Although I don't believe those tiny chips are the mark of the Beast. The mark will not be known until after the midpoint of the week. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, iamlamad said:

What will you do when the rapture takes place and you are left behind?  I am not taking any device in my body. Although I don't believe those tiny chips are the mark of the Beast. The mark will not be known until after the midpoint of the week. 

I would cry of course .  CAUSE ITS A ONE TIME EVENT .   that means TOO LATE FOREVER ,   FOREVEVER , for me .

the early church knew the day of the LORD was a one time event .    JUST NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT TAKE ANY TYPE OF THAT TECH in The temple which is GODS.

we glorify GOD both n SPIRIT and in BODY.   so yeah , don't take what thatwicked God hating system has to offer in Gods temple.

But at least you said you wont .  SO that is a start .  just stick with that .  NO TAKEY satans ring .