• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

Thank all of you for your replies. The replies all seem to agree that I should run! Yea,  I knew that. I'm in a new town and I am trying to find a church. I guess I was trying too hard. 

I've actually agreed to take a leadership path; however, I feel like I was bullied into it now. 

Thanks again. I certainly will run. 

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Jesus redeems our whole being, body soul and spirit, it's just a matter of timing.

You articulated that so well! Bless you. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 hours ago, KC02 said:

Hi guys, I am in a new town so I just found a new church. Let me run a few things by some of you elders.

Is anything wrong with this doctrine : the soul is saved but the outside man is not. I see things differently through my Christian worldview, but I'm not sure I should argue this.

The leaders seem to want everyone to submit to them. This is biblical but they seem to be on a power trip. They mock the notion that God may lead somebody to another church. I'm afraid that this atmosphere could lead to abuse and certainly bondage. If you are afraid to visit or move to another church, that is bondage.

Don't get me wrong, this church has a lot going for it. The church and pastors are young.  I am certain they are not creating this atmosphere on purpose.

The one thing I can't stand is that they create long fancy non biblical titles for themselves and expect everyone to submit to them.  perhaps I am exaggerating a bit. Perhaps this is not fair.

If if I stick around, they will be training me for leadership. Any thoughts on how I can improve the atmosphere?

GET OUT .    something is all wrong in this .    I don't care if they do teach some biblical stuff,  ME SEES SELF EXALTATION and that is a recipe FOR DISASTER .   FOR DISASTER.

Why the long fancy Non biblical names  .     Beware the phariesees who walk in long robes and desire the preeminence  , who do works to be seen of men.

Give me some examples of what you mean SUBMIT  to them.    What are they teaching .   It helps if you give some examples.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,499
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Based on the brief description you gave, if you're interpreting it properly, I agree with the advice that was given. Always be a Berean, that is checking the Bible to see if those things be so, that someone says, their doctrine or is being preaching. 

The only title I want and strive for is; servant and follower of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Christian). 

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

On 1/29/2018 at 2:01 AM, KC02 said:

If if I stick around, they will be training me for leadership. Any thoughts on how I can improve the atmosphere?

If you are even questioning the teachings I would run. Why bother staying? Also if the church is already toxic how can you improve the atomsphere? It requires the whole church to change how things are done not just one person. Again like others have said run, run run away. And when you think you have ran far enough way run away even more :).

45 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

If you are even questioning the teachings I would run. Why bother staying? Also if the church is already toxic how can you improve the atomsphere? It requires the whole church to change how things are done not just one person. Again like others have said run, run run away. And when you think you have ran far enough way run away even more :).

Jay dog ,  I did try this .   I went to leaders .  due to if the leaders receive correction then they will also help correct the flock.    Not a one listened.

I also early on would encourage the memebers too.   But if the leadership wont change the only thing one can do is take those who will hear truth

with them as the leave  .     My problem with the churches I visted  was the leadership it reeked with false doctrine .

The churches themselves are going to have errors , BUT IF THE LEADERSHIP wont correct and worse TEACH ERRORS  those who remain are DOOMED to destruction.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Jay dog ,  I did try this .   I went to leaders .  due to if the leaders receive correction then they will also help correct the flock.    Not a one listened.

I also early on would encourage the memebers too.   But if the leadership wont change the only thing one can do is take those who will hear truth

with them as the leave  .     My problem with the churches I visted  was the leadership it reeked with false doctrine .

The churches themselves are going to have errors , BUT IF THE LEADERSHIP wont correct and worse TEACH ERRORS  those who remain are DOOMED to destruction.

agreed.

• Praise God! 1

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, KC02 said:

Thank all of you for your replies. The replies all seem to agree that I should run! Yea,  I knew that. I'm in a new town and I am trying to find a church. I guess I was trying too hard. 

I've actually agreed to take a leadership path; however, I feel like I was bullied into it now. 

Thanks again. I certainly will run. 

You said they like non biblical long names ,   guess they would call you potassium carbon dioxide.       KCO 2

The unbiblical titles are subjective I know. I know some are called 'prophet apostle Last name....' The pastor is called, 'Arch Bishop Last name'

The thing is, this guy is just a regular co-pastor with his wife.

He told me basically that Good made him Arch Bishop and I would just have to submit to him. They have a philosophy that they call 'tough love' that seems to give them a license to bully, intimidate and control people.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Tactics to keep you in their pews. Love for recognition through titles a and special religious garb. Jesus said you will know them by their fruit. Personally I would move on.