• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

Hi guys, I am in a new town so I just found a new church. Let me run a few things by some of you elders.

Is anything wrong with this doctrine : the soul is saved but the outside man is not. I see things differently through my Christian worldview, but I'm not sure I should argue this.

The leaders seem to want everyone to submit to them. This is biblical but they seem to be on a power trip. They mock the notion that God may lead somebody to another church. I'm afraid that this atmosphere could lead to abuse and certainly bondage. If you are afraid to visit or move to another church, that is bondage.

Don't get me wrong, this church has a lot going for it. The church and pastors are young.  I am certain they are not creating this atmosphere on purpose.

The one thing I can't stand is that they create long fancy non biblical titles for themselves and expect everyone to submit to them.  perhaps I am exaggerating a bit. Perhaps this is not fair.

If if I stick around, they will be training me for leadership. Any thoughts on how I can improve the atmosphere?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

2 minutes ago, KC02 said:

Hi guys, I am in a new town so I just found a new church. Let me run a few things by some of you elders.

Is anything wrong with this doctrine : the soul is saved but the outside man is not. I see things differently through my Christian worldview, but I'm not sure I should argue this.

The leaders seem to want everyone to submit to them. This is biblical but they seem to be on a power trip. They mock the notion that God may lead somebody to another church. I'm afraid that this atmosphere could lead to abuse and certainly bondage. If you are afraid to visit or move to another church, that is bondage.

Don't get me wrong, this church has a lot going for it. The church and pastors are young.  I am certain they are not creating this atmosphere on purpose.

The one thing I can't stand is that they create long fancy non biblical titles for themselves and expect everyone to submit to them.  perhaps I am exaggerating a bit. Perhaps this is not fair.

If if I stick around, they will be training me for leadership. Any thoughts on how I can improve the atmosphere?

Red flag #1: The leaders seem to want everyone to submit to them.

Red flag #2: They mock the notion that God may lead somebody to another church.

With those foundations, any training they provide is very suspect and sounds like it just as easily cause more harm than good.  

Leave now while you can.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

I am personally not susceptible to these control tactics. I fear for others... The newbys. I think the make it or break it for me will be if the leadership refuses allow me to hold them accountable too, then there is no reason for me to be there.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

42 minutes ago, KC02 said:

I am personally not susceptible to these control tactics. I fear for others... The newbys. I think the make it or break it for me will be if the leadership refuses allow me to hold them accountable too, then there is no reason for me to be there.

Exactly.   Then again, if you're constantly doing that and resisting control tactics yourself, you're not likely 'being fed' spiritually through their messages or fellowship.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

57 minutes ago, KC02 said:

I would not stick around.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,167
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

1 hour ago, KC02 said:

Short version: Run, do not walk away. If it walks like a cult, talks like a cult, smells like a cult . . . it just might be a cult.

Keep looking for a real Bible teaching church. They are out there, but are getting harder to find. Your spiritual well being is too important.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

11 hours ago, KC02 said:

Hard to judge for certain without specifics but I would say leave them and find a better church. No pastor would keep a congregant from looking for a different church.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,728
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, KC02 said:

Do you want  a long fancy title for yourself? The answer to that question alone ought to give you answer enough to know whether to stay, or to not only visit elsewhere, but to flee with all haste and never ever look back.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

LEAVE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, KC02 said:

If you are afraid to visit or move to another church, that is bondage.

Amen........you said right......exactly right.

Think you know what you need to do, but just looking for confirmation.....flee it, amen.

• Praise God! 1