• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That is just it .   even in corithians and ephesians , it clearly states the gifts are for the church.    

He spoke to agabus and others .   paul even had a dream about a man in Macedonia and they all perceived it meant they were to go their and preach the gospel to them.

the dreams , visions and all the gifts do not cease from the church.   When they cease is once we are gone , once JESUS comes for his own

the need for prophecies and so on will no longer be necessary.  For all the gifts were for us now to build us up to maturity and keep us edified .

Yes.  But there are things that cannot be tested by the scriptures per se, but need to be tested by discernment, and by our personal knowledge of God's nature and ways from having walked and been with Him, and by knowing His voice, if we are His.  It's interesting how Jesus often tested hearts by offending minds and what people thought they knew in scripture.  Whose wisdom does His wisdom confound?....ours, His own people.  We serve a God who cannot always be fathomed, even with scripture........so we always need to walk humbly and sincerely and with holy fear before Him, the LIVING God.  All knowledge is His, all wisdom is His, and He gives to who He pleases.  Look at Peter's vision for example, the unclean animals being made clean....and how that went against what Peter thought he knew of scripture.  We will always need God, His Spirit, His leading and guidance......and who can tell where it comes from or where it is going at any given moment, does the bible say?.....and He even humbles us through our mistakes and revealing the depths of our iniquity, or how else will He break us.  Patience comes through affliction, but humility comes through breakings.......see Job's Leviathan (pride)......by reason of breakings they purify themselves....and out of humility love can be born, it can't come forth out of pride/self.  And all this is God's grace to keep us real, otherwise we would just become as priggish as the Pharisees.

The early church was what it was only because God poured His Spirit out so powerfully and in such a way that we haven't seen happen again so far, that I know of, though we may get tastes of it.  Everything doesn't just depend on us and how well we are doing, it depends on the LORD, what the Father is doing, and His purpose at any given time....and this is the REASON why we always need to be watching and having our eyes on HIM, the LIVING God.....because the bible doesn't tell us everything He is going to do Today, or even this very moment or next week.  Jesus only did what He SAW the Father doing in that moment, not what He read the Father was going to do that day in scripture.  Well, all I can say is, He is just a bigger and greater God than we often think and who are we to think we can grasp the wind.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 minutes ago, Davida said:

The actual born again Christians have a living relationship with the Risen Lord Jesus and do not need an intercessor between them and the Lord JESUS to hear His voice.  

Heresies and demonic spirits have infiltrated the church under the guise of these phony anointings  & the  demonic passing of the mantles of Elijah etc  it is Not Biblical but people LOVE their ears tickled and love to be entertained by a paranormal circus and they LOVE to have someone approach them with a "word" well this is exactly the same thing that the mediums do. 

All the Toronto airport demonic phenomena and demonic healing "outpouring" that was in Todd Bentley Lakeland phenomena &  was passed from Leader  to person and to other charismatic churches. 

Well you listed them false ones all right .   outright frightful to the children  what these have taught . 

I seen ol bently say,  the Lord told him to KICK a lady in the face with his combat boot.   talk about conduct unseemingly.   

I aint never even heard of the passing of the mantles of Elijah.   but if these ones are doing that ,   yeah don't heed them , for sure and for certain.

And barking like dogs,   that is so conduct unseemingly  and man that should cause the peoples great concern to flee that .

Their is some outright scary things going on in lots of places.    By scary I don't mean I fear them one ounce , but as in TIS TIME TO FLEE THAT BUNCH.

And here is something to ponder on,   most of them in that thus sayeth the Lord crowd that for years

and years prophesied over YOU name it , they have claimed it group,   they kept prophesying and man not only did it contradict biblical

most often they kept missing the mark,  yet folks kept a following and heeding them.   Here is what ought to scare the children and wake them up

the large mass of these well known BUT FALSE prophets...........................ORDAINED DONALD TRUMP the MAN OF GOD.   talk about scary .   

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

Just look in Acts and the epistles and see all the times that God spoke to His people through prophecy, dream or vision.

But that was before a NT canon had been written.   Acts is a book of history regarding the early church.  It is not a pattern for the modern church.

11 minutes ago, Davida said:

The actual born again Christians have a living relationship with the Risen Lord Jesus and do not need an intercessor between them and the Lord JESUS to hear His voice.  

Heresies and demonic spirits have infiltrated the church under the guise of these phony anointings  & the  demonic passing of the mantles of Elijah etc  it is Not Biblical but people LOVE their ears tickled and love to be entertained by a paranormal circus and they LOVE to have someone approach them with a "word" well this is exactly the same thing that the mediums do. 

All the Toronto airport demonic phenomena and demonic healing "outpouring" that was in Todd Bentley Lakeland phenomena &  was passed from Leader  to person and to other charismatic churches. 

Amen, I agree Davida........the devil counterfeits the genuine things of God and brings them into disrepute, it's one of his favourite wiles in order to cause the church to be afraid and quench the Spirit, throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  This is why Jesus was careful to reassure us:

Mat 7:8-11

For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?

Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I speak to you what the Lord has showed me, and it is fully supported as shown in my previous post.

"I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" - Luke 18:8

My friend of diverse letters .   the bible clearly states that if one prophesies and it does not come to pass ,  its false .

And by all means if one has done this ,  they must repent fast of it .   Sure they can be restored , IF they repent of it . 

but it is false .   I know what you are trying to say and do understand that men might have done this , 

while doing it they were under a spirit of error.  thus no matter what its false , but even the man who had done error

GOD corrected with a donkey.   So I do believe if one has done this ,  AND they did repent by all means they are forgiven and restored as with any error.

But it is highly dangerous to get to that place where one does this .   And more often than not those who do this.............don't seem to repent at all but rather get worse .

But as  I said,  if I seen one who did that ,  I would First correct them .  if they don't heed after that ,  then move on for something has went viral wrong in that ones walk.

I see some who are or get mixed up into a bunch and start prophesying some serious false stuff,   and some of them by the grace of GOD , are led out o that .

most don't , they just sit under them and wont leave.   but some do , some heed the call for repentance and the HOLY SPIRIT will lead them out of the falsehood.

as it led us out of all evil ourselves .     I think some are misunderstanding you.   I know what you are saying .  

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

But that was before a NT canon had been written.   Acts is a book of history regarding the early church.  It is not a pattern for the modern church.

What on earth are you saying brother?  Has God changed?  Did Jesus preach in vain?  How did HE walk and minister, giving us an example to follow?  Yikes,  a church without the Holy Spirit is powerless.

• Praise God! 1

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Heleadethme said:

What on earth are you saying brother?  Has God changed?  Did Jesus preach in vain?  How did HE walk and minister, giving us an example to follow?  Yikes,  a church without the Holy Spirit is powerless.

God hasn't changed, but God speaks to us now through His Word.  God's methods can change without Him changing.   Dreams and visions and prophets were necessary at one time, but we now the Scriptures and that is where we need to hear from God.   His word is fixed and secure. It is 100% trustworthy.  We cannot and should not trust in visions and dreams.

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

Ok you lost me friendofthelorde when you insisted bringing in politics into the thread. 

It was an example .   For years they , the same ones prophesied of elections and got the results wrong

The same ones predicted a Romney win .  but Romney lost , so how on earth were they hearing from GOD.

Yet these same ones prophesied Trump in .   The thing that some don't realize is,  a false prophet is allowed to get something right

but its for the sole cause of deception.   that is what I meant.    And ps,  rest your mind,   I did NOT VOTE for hillery .  NO chance of that .

its just I watched who pushed trump on the evangelicals.  and sis, that is something scary .   Kenny ,    its our God given duty for vote for trump

not voting for trump is like murder ,   PAULA pushed him in and scores of other ones who are false.   

I got a bad feeling about all this .     While trump sure did appear the lesser of two evils ,    I got a bad feeling this is more than meets the eye.

We both know had hillery won and tried to push a more all inclusive christain message , the evangelicals would have balked at it.

But what IF , ,  I will say IF ,  but what IF TRUMP DOES................I bet most of them false ones will PUSH it on the churches too an say ITS from the TRUMP of GOD.

Just watch out .    That is all I am saying . 

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

God hasn't changed, but God speaks to us now through His Word.  God's methods can change without Him changing.   Dreams and visions and prophets were necessary at one time, but we now the Scriptures and that is where we need to hear from God.   His word is fixed and secure. It is 100% trustworthy.  We cannot and should not trust in visions and dreams.

And in those days I will pour out my spirit and your young men will PROPHESY and dreams and visions.   That don't change.

YOU are right about GODS word.  no doubt on that .  THAT is what I test all things said by all against .  but the gifts are not gone .

HE led captivity captive and gave gifts unto men.   None of that ended.   its just we test everything we hear against what has already been written

and if its even one percent off,  it gets FLED.  

We have to test everything man teaches against the bible .

And I see some agree with this whole heartedly .    But some of those who even agree with this

sat under men who taught that the gifts and so on were for another age .     THAT right their contradicts the VERY BIBLE they say they heed from.

MEN taught this , men did .  THEY said , they taught that the gifts and prophecies ended.   MAN taught that .

and it contradicts the bible itself  .    JESUS never said,   ONLY this one generation will have the gifts .    HE , nor paul

nor others ever taught such a thing.    Man did .  yeah I cant argue that .   But GOD did not .

He led captivity captive and gave gifts unto men,  don't change .   some are prophets , some are teachers , some gift of healing  some etc

THAT did not cease .    MEN say it did .    BUT that is man for ya.     We should test all things said , dreamt , prophesied or etc against the bible.

And that is why , those men that taught that I knew were in error .  FOR JESUS nor any other taught no such thing. 

The prophesying , gifts and so on , will one day be no need for ,  but it aint till AFTER THE LORD has come and we are then present with HIM FOREVER .

till then the church is in the world , NOT OF it ,  and till then the gifts are used for the purpose of edification of the body.