• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

21 minutes ago, Davida said:

Heleadethme , pretends to agree with this scripture but -- in reality she doesn't think it applies to her belief in receiving New prophecies because she believes in an open cannon.   She is not accepting your post of this scripture in reality. 

I certainly do accept the scripture, it was a good sound reminder.  Just that we have to realize that for the immature (young in the Lord), there are likely going to be more mistakes and mixture.......which is one reason why there are to be other prophets to test and correct, instruct, reprove, etc.  We all need to grow in the Lord, whatever our gifts.  And though we need to be serious about these things, we also need to guard against a witch hunting atmosphere which results in quenching the Spirit.

But here is the scripture for what I'm saying in case anyone hadn't taken note of it before (Shiloh might want to take note as well, this is not from Acts):

1Corinthians 14:29-32

Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

40 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Yes.  But there are things that cannot be tested by the scriptures per se, but need to be tested by discernment, and by our personal knowledge of God's nature and ways from having walked and been with Him, and by knowing His voice, if we are His.  It's interesting how Jesus often tested hearts by offending minds and what people thought they knew in scripture.  Whose wisdom does His wisdom confound?....ours, His own people.  We serve a God who cannot always be fathomed, even with scripture........so we always need to walk humbly and sincerely and with holy fear before Him, the LIVING God.  All knowledge is His, all wisdom is His, and He gives to who He pleases.  Look at Peter's vision for example, the unclean animals being made clean....and how that went against what Peter thought he knew of scripture.  We will always need God, His Spirit, His leading and guidance......and who can tell where it comes from or where it is going at any given moment, does the bible say?.....and He even humbles us through our mistakes and revealing the depths of our iniquity, or how else will He break us.  Patience comes through affliction, but humility comes through breakings.......see Job's Leviathan (pride)......by reason of breakings they purify themselves....and out of humility love can be born, it can't come forth out of pride/self.  And all this is God's grace to keep us real, otherwise we would just become as priggish as the Pharisees.

The early church was what it was only because God poured His Spirit out so powerfully and in such a way that we haven't seen happen again so far, that I know of, though we may get tastes of it.  Everything doesn't just depend on us and how well we are doing, it depends on the LORD, what the Father is doing, and His purpose at any given time....and this is the REASON why we always need to be watching and having our eyes on HIM, the LIVING God.....because the bible doesn't tell us everything He is going to do Today, or even this very moment or next week.  Jesus only did what He SAW the Father doing in that moment, not what He read the Father was going to do that day in scripture.  Well, all I can say is, He is just a bigger and greater God than we often think and who are we to think we can grasp the wind.

But there are things that cannot be tested by the scriptures per se

sure they can.    if they don't come to pass , they false .   or if the focus is on wordly lusts they false .

if one comes prophesying coming destrucions or famines,    sure that cant be proved at the moment ,  but if it don't come to pass, THEN that one gets the false ribbon award.

IF it do ,  I keep on testing everything even that one says .   For even new age prophets are getting some events correct,  but they false and we know it .

But deut chapter thirteen explains quite well why this is allowed.    We test all actions of the one prophesying as well as the prophesy itself .

and we do so against biblical doctrine .   

5 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I certainly do accept the scripture, it was a good sound reminder.  Just that we have to realize that for the immature (young in the Lord), there are likely going to be more mistakes and mixture.......which is one reason why there are to be other prophets to test and correct, instruct, reprove, etc.  We all need to grow in the Lord, whatever our gifts.  And though we need to be serious about these things, we also need to guard against a witch hunting atmosphere which results in quenching the Spirit.

But here is the scripture for what I'm saying in case anyone hadn't taken note of it before (Shiloh might want to take note as well, this is not from Acts):

1Corinthians 14:29-32

Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

That is correct .  WE SHOULD CORRECT any bad behavior anything that is in error.   this is a major problem today.   most wont correct squat

due to they have come to the mindset that if we correct that person , they will get offeneded and run off or etc.

one of the dumbest reasons why NOT to correct if you ask me .    But I notice most and more people are going under this lets not offend anyone movment.

and that is HOW the great falling away will go so viral .  for if we correct not the leaven,  it will and does increase and will leaven the entire lump.

Sister ya spot on .   

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

God hasn't changed, but God speaks to us now through His Word.  God's methods can change without Him changing.   Dreams and visions and prophets were necessary at one time, but we now the Scriptures and that is where we need to hear from God.   His word is fixed and secure. It is 100% trustworthy.  We cannot and should not trust in visions and dreams.

By all means read and love the word of God.  But Jesus said to abide in Him, because apart from Him we can do nothing.  And how is He with us today, how do we abide in Him........by His Spirit.  But I agree we should not trust in visions and dreams, do not trust in any of the gifts, but trust in HIM alone, and then He is the one who just gives what is needed according to HIS will and purpose, whether dream or vision or instruction from scripture or catching away in Spirit, like Paul, or Phillip, or healing, or deliverance or prophecy, etc.

• Praise God! 1

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That is correct .  WE SHOULD CORRECT any bad behavior anything that is in error.   this is a major problem today.   most wont correct squat

due to they have come to the mindset that if we correct that person , they will get offeneded and run off or etc.

one of the dumbest reasons why NOT to correct if you ask me .    But I notice most and more people are going under this lets not offend anyone movment.

and that is HOW the great falling away will go so viral .  for if we correct not the leaven,  it will and does increase and will leaven the entire lump.

Sister ya spot on .   

Amen, I do agree brother.......I just am hoping we can try and convey a right balance in these things.  The Body of Christ is not entirely about correcting and rebuking,  as I know you would agree, or where does the peace, love and joy in the Holy Ghost come in.........though again I want to stress that I certainly agree that with the church-at-large in it's present condition, doesn't do enough correcting and testing.  Well...... it's hard for them to do that anyhow with their way of functioning and not discipling.....nobody does or brings anything for the "Pastor" to test.......nor do they test and correct him either.....so nobody gets built up and grows, and leaven has just increase in them all in those situations, sadly.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Poor discernment and not Biblical.

That the Lord Jesus judges between me and you.

• This is Worthy 1

24 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

For even new age prophets are getting some events correct,  but they false and we know it .

Yes........I have found that both within the church and without it, even false religions, they all have mixture, there will be some truth mingled with error and a wrong spirit.....so this is why we each need to follow God and not man, even if anyone seems to be correct all the time.  It is in following God, that He keeps us from falling, or at least can redeem it if we do.  But if we follow a man or group per se then we are already in trouble just by that fact alone.

• Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen, I do agree brother.......I just am hoping we can try and convey a right balance in these things.  The Body of Christ is not entirely about correcting and rebuking,  as I know you would agree, or where does the peace, love and joy in the Holy Ghost come in.........though again I want to stress that I certainly agree that with the church-at-large in it's present condition, doesn't do enough correcting and testing.  Well...... it's hard for them to do that anyhow with their way of functioning and not discipling.....nobody does or brings anything for the "Pastor" to test.......nor do they test and correct him either.....so nobody gets built up and grows, and leaven has just increase in them all in those situations, sadly.

Peace love and joy comes in when truth is both taught and lived.   I do backflips of joy when I see truth getting both lived and taught .

You will understand what I say next .     When YOU see error does your spirit REJIOCE or do you have a genuine fear hit you as in CORRECT , correct this .

at the same time when you see truth,  do you get a spirit of be grave , or does REJOICING come over you.

That is what happens to me .  IF I see error ..............the spirit causes great concern .   and yes we both seen a few times when it was my flesh acting out .

But even when that occurred....................THE SPIRIT GOT HOLD OF ME and said WRONG friendfuff , wrong approach . and it led me to repentance.

When we err, THE SPIRIT does convict ,   if we repent amen.  if not , look out and prepare to have the heart hardened , cuase I seen that happen in some .

Always when convicted the SPIRIT also causes me to apologize to the one I wronged.  as in the latest example when I got rude to wayne and said WHAT a shocker or etc

But notice this too.    I aint been convincted one ounce to go back and apologize to any I was grave too,  when it was SPIRIT LED .

I have apologized to yowm for a few times where I misunderstood something ,   cause the SPIRIT led me too.   WHEN we err, the SPIRIT will unction us

to correct the wrong .    But being grave and serious is not wrong , nor is compassion or etc either .    WE do as the SPIRIT leads . and God will also use

others to help aide in correction as well .    My error at times is not in what I teach,  but rather when the flesh acts out and how I behave .

But again as YOU SAID and KNOW , being grave is not wrong .   But if their is no mercy or joy or compassion then something is missing as well.

But watch me close sister.   watch how I rejoice when truth is heard , also watch and if you see error of any sort ,  correct this mere wee thing.

be blessed sister . 

34 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

But there are things that cannot be tested by the scriptures per se

sure they can. 

No, with respect brother......for example, how would we test a word of knowledge about an individual.....how would we test a personal specific instruction from the Lord, and some experiences that a child of God can be caught up in by the Spirit.  I'm just saying there are things that are of a specific or immediate nature that we can't test by scripture, when they are not written in there.  There are things that come from the Holy Spirit for which we need to know His voice and His nature by experience of Him and by discernment......there is that we walk by FAITH not by sight/knowledge.

7 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Yes........I have found that both within the church and without it, even false religions, they all have mixture, there will be some truth mingled with error and a wrong spirit.....so this is why we each need to follow God and not man, even if anyone seems to be correct all the time.  It is in following God, that He keeps us from falling, or at least can redeem it if we do.  But if we follow a man or group per se then we are already in trouble just by that fact alone.

I seen davida got confused on this .  so here is a simple explanation.   HOW many times do we hear them say GOD IS LOVE.   is this a lie or is this truth.  ITS TRUE

but its how they apply this to justify SIN that makes what they say erroneous.   or how they twist other truths into justifying why they do as they do  instead of repent of what they do.

OR other examples.  alice baily herself prophesied that in time the majority of churches would come to this so called LIGHT they teach

and that also in time the defective seed,   YEAH ones like us,  they will then go after .    SOUNDS like that prophesy is coming to pass,  YET ITS FALSE AINT IT .