IGNORED

What Would Be a Spiritual Explanation For a Hypothetical Question?

Seven tree

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

You have several things in common with someone.  They have expressed the same feelings as you concerning many matters you've thought about, but never mentioned.  You've known multiple things about them prior to hearing them confirm them. You've known several of their likes, and dislikes before they mentioned them. You've known what they were going to say prior to them saying it.  You've written close to twenty, or more things with the same, or similar titles.  The word things is being used figuratively.  The similar titles are very distinct, and the identical titles are uncommon.  You have similarities that are beyond you and the person.  Both of your parents were, or are in the same field.  You were born a day apart, but in another month, etc.  Yet, the person is off limits, whether they're in a relationship, or not.  There is no kinship that is the cause of the similarities. The bottom line is they're not an option.  Why then would you have all of those things in common with them?  Why would you have all those things in common for it to be null and void?  What then would be the cause of all of those similarities?

Edited by Seven tree

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I have to be honest, whatever you just said flew right over my head. I'll try to answer like I understand, either way.

Maybe the two of you just have similar interests? You were meant to be friends?

If I were to randomly meet someone who was pretty much just like me, i'd be scared of an obsessive stalker. Maybe i've watched way too much Dateline and creepy youtube videos, I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry that everything flew over your head, but you did a good job giving me feedback with the little you understood. :D  To give you more info, I don't know the person.  I know of them.  I only know their name.  I've heard them talk to other people. I was just wondering why I would have so much in common with someone who is more less someone I know of.  What I mean by know of is that I don't personally know the person.  I only know their name. The person is not someone I would personally meet, and I highly doubt the person would want me based on my looks, but we have an astronomical amount of things in common.  So my question is, why would you have everything in common with someone you don't personally know, odds are will not meet, and who would not be physically attracted to you.  What would be the spiritual explanation for that?

Edited by Seven tree
Added more

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Seven tree said:

You have several things in common with someone.  They have expressed the same feelings as you concerning many matters you've thought about, but never mentioned.  You've known multiple things about them prior to hearing them confirm them. You've known several of their likes, and dislikes before they mentioned them. You've known what they were going to say prior to them saying it.  You've written close to twenty, or more things with the same, or similar titles.  The word things is being used figuratively.  The similar titles are very distinct, and the identical titles are uncommon.  You have similarities that are beyond you and the person.  Both of your parents were, or are in the same field.  You were born a day apart, but in another month, etc.  Yet, the person is off limits, whether they're in a relationship, or not.  There is no kinship that is the cause of the similarities. The bottom line is they're not an option.  Why then would you have all of those things in common with them?  Why would you have all those things in common for it to be null and void?  What then would be the cause of all of those similarities?

Sounds to me like YOU LIKE the person and are making all these similarties as Something .    I mean you even said you all are born on the same day , different month.

YOU Seeing what YOU want to see , because YOU already like the person.    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,633
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hmm I don't get it sorry.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I don't know if there is a spiritual explanation for that. I will say two things, though:

1. I have to back up what Frienduff Thaylorde said. 

2. Much of a person's appeal comes in the form of their confidence. Not overconfidence, mind you, but a comfort within one's own skin, at least. I can understand where you come from because I have insecurity issues as well, but we have to overlook what petty people have said in the past and might say in the future. Words are just words and people are just people. I'd say go for it. If they really were so shallow as to turn you down because of a poor physical appearance, they weren't worth it anyway.

I don't understand how I'm making the similarities to be something they're not.  How do you frequently know what someone is going to say before they say it, and how do they repeatedly say things that you've never mentioned concerning how you view different things?  How do you have something with the same title over, and over again, or extremely close titles?  We have close to twenty titles that are either the same or close. You can't make that happen. The titles are either the same, or similar, or they're not.   You can't make a title the same, or close unless you're copying.  The birthdate is just one thing that's closely related. There's more relativity.  The person is someone who I have seen interviews of.  ;)I won't say TV personality one way, or the other, lol.  It takes away from the whole hypothetical nature of it all.  I will say on the internet I've been able to hear about them. At any rate, why would someone have several things in common with someone if the person is not an option?  I wanted to know what a spiritual explanation would be, because the similarities are based on our personalities, and how we seem to express ourselves the same ways emotionally.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

On 1/29/2018 at 11:36 PM, Seven tree said:

Hard to understand what you are driving at but let me take a shot. People are people. With some people you can relate with better than other people. I tend to have better friendships with those that have similar likes than those that do not. I have acquaintances, friends, best friends, kids and a wife. Each relationship is different than the other. 

Again don't know exactly what you are asking but let me put this out there: Hypothetical questions are really hard to answer objectively because our answers will never be right. This is because the person asking the hypothetical question already has a set answer in mind and is looking for someone to confirm their answer. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  31

why would you automatically assume they wouldn't want to talk to you? Why don't you introduce yourself and start a conversation? Then, you might have a chance to actually get to know them. They might be just as fascinated as you.

Lol, glitch on my end.....I didn't see where to text when hitting the quote button....joined a couple of weeks ago. It somehow did not appear at first.  I typed the same thing that you see in my reply before I erased it.

Edited by Seven tree
My reply was here. I reposted my reply.