• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Is Your “Worship” Acceptable To God?

To answer your question I will say "yes". Unless God tells me other wise. So far that has not been the case. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Look, I only threw in my 2 cents worth of showing how important joy is in our life and worship. For some reason you came out of the blue responding to my post (on joy) with fire and brimstone. Do you have something against joyful Christians?

Jesus spoke more about joy and rejoicing concerning believers than He did about repentance and judgment for believers.

Joy in worship is only good when it is appropriate. As I said in my previous post, there is nothing joy-worthy about rebellion. God takes no pleasure in His saints rejoicing and praising Him while deliberately disobeying what they know He commands them. Praise is not a substitutional sacrifice for obedience; and there should be no joy in disobeying the Lord.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

5 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The problem is, you haven't told anyone here exactly what that "rebellion" is yet.  Care to explain it?

I suggest re-reading the title/subject post (which is self-explanatory) more carefully, and my subsequent posts, previous to this one, if you need further clarification. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Dunno:

Rom_15:13  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

2Co_1:24  Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work with you for your joy, for you stand firm in your faith.

Gal_5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Php_1:4  always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy,
Php_1:25  Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith,
Php_2:2  complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.

Col_1:11  May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy,
1Th_1:6  And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you received the word in much affliction, with the joy of the Holy Spirit,
1Th_2:19  For what is our hope or joy or crown of boasting before our Lord Jesus at his coming? Is it not you?
1Th_2:20  For you are our glory and joy.
1Th_3:9  For what thanksgiving can we return to God for you, for all the joy that we feel for your sake before our God,

Seems like a whole lot of joy going on to me :) . I usually picture the Pharisees as being the grave ones.lol

By all means we got joy,    say it again yowm.   the pure joy of knowing Him .    

1 hour ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

There is nothing joy-worthy about rebellion; nor will there be any joy in the retribution for it when God brings it. (For it is time for judgment to begin at His household.)

Jesus did not tell the five apostate churches in Asia province that He rebuked to rejoice; He told them to repent---or else. Because He loved them, and didn't want them to incur the grave consequences of their disobedience.

Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you. (James 4:8-10 ESV)

For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret... (2 Corinthians 7:10 ESV)

There is nothing joy-worthy about rebellion

Exactly.   I always have tremendous joy when I see others speak truth or live truth.   but that same spirit gets serious and grave at the sight of error

I mean a real all out fear for the soul of the one who errs .    Most do not realize that the SPIRIT ,     IT can be quenched .  it can and many never had it

or sin hardned the heart .    let us pray for many to rejoice in Truth ,  do all to edify the church.   do all to encourage and warn .   

Onward in the LORD peoples.   onward in the Lord.   SEE love don't rejoice in inquity ,  only in truth.   But I know many that rejoice in inquity and say GOD is love.

therefore they know NEITHER.   

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

There is nothing joy-worthy about rebellion

Exactly.   I always have tremendous joy when I see others speak truth or live truth. ... ... ... 

SEE love don't rejoice in inquity ,  only in truth.  

But I know many that rejoice in inquity and say GOD is love.

therefore they know NEITHER.   

Neither know they God nor love....  yet they still cry "Lord, Lord ...... " ....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I'd hold off on the agreement until you know exactly what he teaches.  He hasn't explained that to anyone yet.

I do see your point .    however the general statement that was said is true.

I have seen SOME of what they say.    not all,  but the some I seen was true cobalt.    But again I don't know all that they teach.

IF he or I , or anyone teaches truth amen.   but if any of us , me , him or etc teach an error.  Rest assured if I see I will correct it .

but for now some of the things I have seen them say.  SO far , so true .    But as  I said if tomorrow they come preaching hey , all inclusive or some error ,  YOU

can rest assured by grace I will correct it .   But I hear what your saying .    I do.    But again the general statement was true .   I mean if he comes teaching

that rebellion is going aginst the all inclusive or any error.  YEAH its gets corrected fast .  but thanks for the encouragement .

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

(For it is time for judgment to begin at His household.)

Jesus did not tell the five apostate churches in Asia province that He rebuked to rejoice; He told them to repent---or else. Because He loved them, and didn't want them to incur the grave consequences of their disobedience.

Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you. (James 4:8-10 ESV)

For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret... (2 Corinthians 7:10 ESV)

This is good teaching in line with all Scripture.

• Praise God! 1

9 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Neither know they God nor love....  yet they still cry "Lord, Lord ...... " ....

I want us all to ponder something .   in the holy book its written and seen , and specially towards the latter time.

THE MANY are false , the few are true.     JESUS did not say a few will come

nor did paul say a  few .   and he did not say and a few will follow their pernicious ways of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of

HE SAID MANY as in way more will follow the false ways .    THIS IS FACT .    Even with the jews it  was a REMNANT .  compare remmant , 

one hundred gallons of water , take a ounce out that is a REMNANT .    just a wee small amount of true compared to a OVERWHELMING number of false .

and guess what ,  IT ONLY GETS WORSE .    The good book , CHRIST , nor the apostels said , hey nigh the end we will see a mass amount coming to JESUS

all I ever heard were worlds like falling away and many shall be seduced .    YEAH.   let it soak in.    just let it trickle into the heart .  FEW , not many ,  FEW be saved.

Before that last speech gets attacked .  Lets go all read what the signs of the times were , what JESUS said about how it would look nigh the end.

MANY,   MANY , MANY will come IN MY NAME

and do what DECIEVE MANY.  not few ,many.

a falling away occurs nigh the end too.   

remember key words, and MANY shall follow THIER pernicsious ways.  and MANY FALSE PROPHETS SHALL ARISE AND DECIEVE MANY.

I know this angers people when I say this,  but I have no seen a JESUS FOLLOWING CHURCH on TBN or tv

not in person as of yet .  AND I ainttalking about its people ,   I is talking about ITS LEADERS  WHO SHOULD BE MATURE .