• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

34 minutes ago, john1 said:

When I was trying to obey the law, I obeyed as good as you did, and you don't, no one ever obeyed the law except Christ.

1 Corinthians chapter 15 verse 56

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

I think you misunderstand the bible, I've studied it over 36 years, and have read it well over a hundred times.

I think this verse applies to you and people who say they obey the law and don't.

2 Peter chapter 3 verse 16

He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

ignorant means lack of knowledge as I said I've read the bible well over 100 times, I've lost count I might be coming to 200

For thirty six years....................................thirty six years.   yet you sound nothing like the apostels did who warned out against sin continously

Me thinks you sat under men and the wrong ones at that .

• Group:  Mars Hill

32 minutes ago, john1 said:

By you own words and the bible's your lying.

1 Kings chapter 8 verse 46
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to their enemies, who take them captive to their own lands, far away or near;
2 Chronicles chapter 6 verse 36
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to the enemy, who takes them captive to a land far away or near;
Ecclesiastes chapter 7 verse 20
Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.
1 John chapter 1 verse 8
If anyone claims to be without sin they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them. 

James chapter 2 verse 10

If anyone keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

HE SPOKE that to the Believing church to prove to them you cant even have respect of persons or you commit sin and by the law YOU A TRANSGRESSOR

ya sat under men john   you sat under what your heart desired and it has choked the word right out of you.  right out .

34 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

What is the penatly for sin ?  According to the Bible,  it never changed.  "death"

So , you think death , or obeying the devil, to do the devil's bidding,  is NOT harmful !?!?

Jeff he has sat under men his love is for things other than all of JESUS sayings.  look how different his approach about sin is as the true apostels were

WHO even said not let these things EVEN ONCE be named among you.   He sadly sold out jeff, his love , his version of love is NOT compatible at all with the LOVE

that comes FROM GOD   and jeff...............he don want to hear a word from us,   he done accused you of not even knowng GOD

probably thinks I am a demon who knows not love at all.     Those words I said to him above, as sad for him as I am,  theys my last words to that man,

UNLESS LORD WILLING later I am led to say something else .   

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

How does a person gain righteousness ?  

Through love.

Romans chapter 4

13 It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14 For if those who depend on the law are heirs, faith means nothing and the promise is worthless, 15 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Jeff he has sat under men his love is for things other than all of JESUS sayings.  look how different his approach about sin is as the true apostels were

Your the one taught by men.

7 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

HE SPOKE that to the Believing church to prove to them you cant even have respect of persons or you commit sin and by the law YOU A TRANSGRESSOR

What book and chapter and verse does it say that.

If you look in 1 JOhn chapter 4 verse 8 and 16 it says god is love, why not imitate that.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

7 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:
42 minutes ago, john1 said:

.... I've studied it over 36 years, and have read it well over a hundred times. ..... as I said I've read the bible well over 100 times, I've lost count I might be coming to 200

For thirty six years....................................thirty six years. 

"Forever studying and never coming to knowledge of the truth" ..... 

"Study Bible

Evil in the Last Days
6They are the kind who worm their way into households and captivate vulnerable women who are weighed down with sins and led astray by various passions, 7always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth. They are depraved in mind and disqualified from the faith.…

Verse 7. - Ever learning, etc. This is the crowning feature of this powerful sketch of those "silly women," whose thoughts are busied about religion without their affections being reached or their principles being influenced by it. They are always beating about the bush, but they never get possession of the blessed and saving truth of the gospel of God. Their own selfish inclinations, and not the grace of God, continue to be the motive power with them.

3:1-9 Even in gospel times there would be perilous times; on account of persecution from without, still more on account of corruptions within. Men love to gratify their own lusts, more than to please God and do their duty. When every man is eager for what he can get, and anxious to keep what he has, this makes men dangerous to one another. When men do not fear God, they will not regard man. When children are disobedient to their parents, that makes the times perilous. Men are unholy and without the fear of God, because unthankful for the mercies of God. We abuse God's gifts, if we make them the food and fuel of our lusts. Times are perilous also, when parents are without natural affection to children. And when men have no rule over their own spirits, but despise that which is good and to be honoured. God is to be loved above all; but a carnal mind, full of enmity against him, prefers any thing before him, especially carnal pleasure. A form of godliness is very different from the power; from such as are found to be hypocrites, real Christians must withdraw. Such persons have been found within the outward church, in every place, and at all times. There ever have been artful men, who, by pretences and flatteries, creep into the favour and confidence of those who are too easy of belief, ignorant, and fanciful. All must be ever learning to know the Lord; but these follow every new notion, yet never seek the truth as it is in Jesus. Like the Egyptian magicians, these were men of corrupt minds, prejudiced against the truth, and found to be quite without faith. Yet though the spirit of error may be let loose for a time, Satan can deceive the nations and the churches no further, and no longer, than God will permit.

-----------------------------------------

"Thinking that in Scripture you will find the key to life;   "  yet still reject Jesus as Lord (and continually disobey Him) .....

• Praise God! 1

21 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Scripture is Right !    No man gains righteousness by keeping TORAH. 

And it is wrong for you to quote, for you already posted you did set aside the grace of God.

This last verse shows your not born of God and you don't know him

THAT was what he said to YOU JEFF.    He don't know the first thing about the very word he preaches

OH he says LOVE a lot but sees no danger in sin.     the only thing he wants to correct are ones like us who do correct .

Paul knew love and man he corrected errors of sin didn't he

boy james knew love and he sure corrected

John too

jude,  but this man knows nothing about the very word he preaches,   he don't even see danger in sin jeff.   its that wordly sensual love he speaks.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

37 minutes ago, john1 said:

By you own words and the bible's your lying.

1 Kings chapter 8 verse 46
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to their enemies, who take them captive to their own lands, far away or near;
2 Chronicles chapter 6 verse 36
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to the enemy, who takes them captive to a land far away or near;
Ecclesiastes chapter 7 verse 20
Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.
1 John chapter 1 verse 8
If anyone claims to be without sin they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them. 

James chapter 2 verse 10

If anyone keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Hi no one has kept the law. We have to walk in the spirit in repentance and faith everyday. Some want to be under the law. But we have died to the law read Rom7 . So we could be married to another. We are to obey Jesus and not live by the law of Moses. There are a lot of misguided people on worthy now. They don't walk br grace but by the law. I don't bother with them because they twist words to say that we reach its ok to sin. Little do they know we have died to sin Roms 6. It's really the theology of the SDA they are promoting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, john1 said:
23 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Through love.