IGNORED

Should All CHRISTians Pray for The Vatican?

ConCo

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/11/1957

I think the Church, should pray that the Cardinals choose the right person to replace Pope John Paul II, even though the Pope will mainly rule over the Catholic Church, he would also have a great impact on other parts of the world. Many have said that who ever is chosen as the new Pope will have big shoes to fill, and I agree, but not because he would following in the foot steps of Pope John Paul II, but because the new Pope will need to follow in the foot steps of JESUS, and this is no easy task, BUT, with GOD's help, it can be done. :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

another broo ha ha can be started with the question

but my opinion is it is up to the indvidual if they feel led to pray about it sure if they don't then no..............

In Christ

IreneM

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

There is nothing wrong in my opinion in praying that the Lord's will be done in that situation. Nothing wrong with praying for His glory to shine there. To me, that is no different from praying for any major world event. It has nothing to do with the pope or catholicism, only with the Lord's will on this earth.

another broo ha ha  can be started with the question 

but my opinion is  it is up to the indvidual  if they feel led to pray about it  sure  if  they don't then no..............

In Christ

IreneM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi IreneM,

It's not necessary for any "broo ha ha" to get started, i just want to give us a little something to think about.

Thanks so much for responding!

ConCo

There is nothing wrong in my opinion in praying that the Lord's will be done in that situation. Nothing wrong with praying for His glory to shine there. To me, that is no different from praying for any major world event. It has nothing to do with the pope or catholicism, only with the Lord's will on this earth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ayin Jade,

AMEN!!! That's my point exactly!

Edited by ConCo

German cardinal elected new pope

Joseph Ratzinger is Pope Benedict XVI

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 Posted: 1:51 PM EDT (1751 GMT)

Cardinal Jorge Arturo Medina Estevez of Chile made the announcement to a cheering crowd in St. Peter's Square.

Ratzinger, who took the name Benedict XVI, appeared on the balcony of the Vatican Basilica to greet the people and deliver his first papal blessing.

"Dear brothers and sisters, after our great pope, John Paul II, the cardinals have elected me, a simple, humble worker in God's vineyard," according to a translation of remarks he made in Italian. "I am consoled by the fact that the Lord knows how to work and how to act, even with insufficient tools, and I especially trust in your prayers.

"In the joy of the resurrected Lord, trustful of his permanent help, we go ahead, sure that God will help. And Mary, his most beloved mother, stands on our side."

Once the archbishop of Munich, Germany, and for many years prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith, Ratzinger, 78, was one of the most powerful men in the Vatican and is widely acknowledged as a leading theologian.

Ratzinger served for 20 years as John Paul II's chief theological adviser.

As a young priest he was on the progressive side of theological debates but shifted to the right after the student revolutions of 1968.

In the Vatican, he has been the driving force behind crackdowns on liberation theology, religious pluralism, challenges to traditional moral teachings on issues such as homosexuality, and dissent on such issues as women's ordination.

The dean of the College of Cardinals since November 2002, he was elevated to cardinal by Pope Paul VI in June 1977. (Profile)

White smoke, bells

Earlier, white smoke rose from a Sistine Chapel chimney and bells rang Tuesday, signaling the selection of a new pope.

The crowd clapped and waved flags as the smoke began to billow over Vatican City about 5:50 p.m. (11:50 a.m. ET).

Suspense built as the throng waited for the symbolic ringing of bells, at which point the crowd broke into a roar of jubilation.

Let's pray for The CHURCH as a whole, and ALL of its Leaders!

Edited by ConCo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Let's pray for The CHURCH as a whole, and ALL of its Leaders!

Amen!! :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Yes we should pray...........for all religions, cults and people who teach false doctrine to come to the knowledge of Christ.